Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don’t know about all that but the Chargers don’t need to play to rack up injuries. No games and we’ve already lost our most dynamic defender and 3/5 of our starting oline. WR #2 is also questionable. Mid season form
    Even if we don't have Turner and Bulaga, and I have read nothing that says they are actually out, I would only be worried if it was a Rivers led offense. We are gonna be running it down their throats all game, and they won't be able to stop us...their run D is not formidable.

I'm not gonna buy that the sky is falling until multiple games are missed by multiple key pieces...what's the point? Fatalism just isn't that much fun...
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Even if we don't have Turner and Bulaga, and I have read nothing that says they are actually out, I would only be worried if it was a Rivers led offense. We are gonna be running it down their throats all game, and they won't be able to stop us...their run D is not formidable.

I'm not gonna buy that the sky is falling until multiple games are missed by multiple key pieces...what's the point? Fatalism just isn't that much fun...
      That's why they got DJ Reader & Mike Daniels. Decent collection of young linebackers to boot.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

When Derwin went down, so did our D.

With the vet OL down, there goes our O.

At full strength we'd demolish them.

No longer.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

PFF Breakout Players

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: S NASIR ADDERLEY

Safety Derwin James‘ injury forces the Chargers to do some shuffling, and that means Nasir Adderley is likely to start at safety. Adderley hardly saw the field in his rookie 2019 season (just 10 defensive snaps), but he shined in his lone preseason appearance with an interception and pass breakup en route to an 88.9 PFF grade.

More importantly, Adderley was a PFF darling throughout the draft process. He was our top safety and is the kind of player you want roaming around the middle of the field. He produced an 89.9 coverage grade while combining for 10 interceptions and pass breakups in his final year at Delaware. Granted, this was against FCS competition, but it was impressive nonetheless.
          If there is a positive about Derwin James' injury, it is that we will finally see Adderley. Will he be the FS we all thought he was coming out of college? He's the player I'm watching tomorrow. He's the player most like to get an INT tomorrow IMO.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That's why they got DJ Reader & Mike Daniels. Decent collection of young linebackers to boot.
            True....but Reader is out, and I think Daniels is knicked up as well...and he ain't what he used to be.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              1st game. No need to rush guys back from injury.
              The depth can get work done.

Taylor doesn't need much time to dump it to Ekeler or pass it to Henry or Allen. They all can get open quickly. And he can roll out and bootleg to buy a bit more time.

Can't wait to see the game.
              Any predictions about burrow for the game ?

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I admit I didn't know much about Joe Burrow, just that he was the Heisman winner and the best QB in college foosball last year. I had no idea he had thrown for 5,670 yards and 60 TDs in 15 games last season. He scored 5 more on the ground. That is insane. He is phenomenal. A coach's son, like Phil Rivers. An undefeated season that included wins over the best of the best in college football. That changes my perception of what to expect from Burrow starting his first game as a rookie. There's never been a QB like him entering the NFL. If Drew Lock can start as a rookie and win 4 of 5 games for the Broncos, Burrow can win as a rookie. The Bolts know that all too well - Lock beat them in his first NFL start. Admittedly, Lock sat the first 11 games of his pro career. But Burrow is on an entirely different level. Even with a lack of a preseason, I don't think we can expect Burrow to play like a typical rookie in his first NFL start. He has the offensive weapons. AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross and the No. 33 pick in the draft, Tee Higgins. And Joe Mixon in the backfield.
                Yeah Burrows is going to be pretty special if the Bengals can protect him. He just needs to play like crap this weekend.
                Last edited by Xenos; 09-12-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

506sports, Late CBS:

Chargers/Bengals game in Green

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    Friday pressers.....

Lamp is a big fucking DUDE....

I think Lamp is gonna surprise us with some shit kicking run blocking.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

No fucking kidding.......I get sick of shit like this......why even follow them at all...............

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree - Burrow is a super talent and I expect him to be good in his first game. I don't expect an easy game - they have good receivers and a very good RB too. Still, I think the Bolts have more over all talent We win by a TD.

We waited so long for this - can you believe the game is tomorrow?
                        Hisfirst game ever right? Not even a preseason game. The guy is a talent for sure, I would not expect Joe Montana running like Randall Cunningham just yet.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don’t know about all that but the Chargers don’t need to play to rack up injuries. No games and we’ve already lost our most dynamic defender and 3/5 of our starting oline. WR #2 is also questionable. Mid season form
                          Well I agree on that for sure. These guys would get injured less if they worked building sky scrapers with no safety gear and on Alaskan crab fishing boats.

Comment

Working...
                          X