Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    Looks like OL may be LT Tevi, LG Lamp, C Feeney, RG Quis, RT Norton. Not exactly what we wanted but should not come as a shock. This is the Chargers.
    Cincy has some good players but weren't much as team D last year. Now Adkins is out.
    Good time to jump in, check the depth.
    If so we better run a lot of 7-8 man protections.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I look at him as filling the hole created when Tyrell Williams left. Benjamin was supposed to be that guy last season, but he never became a productive WR for the Bolts. Tyrell had 1,400 receiving yards and scored 9 TDs in the winning seasons of 2017 and 2018. Benjamin didn't replace that (he was hurt most of last year). Reed has that potential, but he is a rookie and has to learn to run routes in the NFL. Guyton is experienced and has the speed to leave a secondary in the dust, which Tyrell did on a number of big plays in 2017-18, and which is not KA or MW's game.
        Reed is big 225-230, fast and muscular and he will also be in the RB rotation....... in addition to KR and some WR plays..... reverses, etc..... he wont run backwards like TB.....

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I admit I didn't know much about Joe Burrow, just that he was the Heisman winner and the best QB in college foosball last year. I had no idea he had thrown for 5,670 yards and 60 TDs in 15 games last season. He scored 5 more on the ground. That is insane. He is phenomenal. A coach's son, like Phil Rivers. An undefeated season that included wins over the best of the best in college football. That changes my perception of what to expect from Burrow starting his first game as a rookie. There's never been a QB like him entering the NFL. If Drew Lock can start as a rookie and win 4 of 5 games for the Broncos, Burrow can win as a rookie. The Bolts know that all too well - Lock beat them in his first NFL start. Admittedly, Lock sat the first 11 games of his pro career. But Burrow is on an entirely different level. Even with a lack of a preseason, I don't think we can expect Burrow to play like a typical rookie in his first NFL start. He has the offensive weapons. AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross and the No. 33 pick in the draft, Tee Higgins. And Joe Mixon in the backfield.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

I admit I didn't know much about Joe Burrow, just that he was the Heisman winner and the best QB in college foosball last year. I had no idea he had thrown for 5,670 yards and 60 TDs in 15 games last season. He scored 5 more on the ground. That is insane. He is phenomenal. A coach's son, like Phil Rivers. An undefeated season that included wins over the best of the best in college football. That changes my perception of what to expect from Burrow starting his first game as a rookie. There's never been a QB like him entering the NFL. If Drew Lock can start as a rookie and win 4 of 5 games for the Broncos, Burrow can win as a rookie. The Bolts know that all too well - Lock beat them in his first NFL start. Admittedly, Lock sat the first 11 games of his pro career. But Burrow is on an entirely different level. Even with a lack of a preseason, I don't think we can expect Burrow to play like a typical rookie in his first NFL start. He has the offensive weapons. AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross and the No. 33 pick in the draft, Tee Higgins. And Joe Mixon in the backfield.
            Looks like the Chargers are going to lose 50-0. We might as well just save the plane trip and rest everyone so they do not get injured Sunday. By forfeiting the game in NFL rules we only lose 2-0. Much better than the 50-0 loss that is heading our way plus injuries right?

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Looks like the Chargers are going to lose 50-0. We might as well just save the plane trip and rest everyone so they do not get injured Sunday. By forfeiting the game in NFL rules we only lose 2-0. Much better than the 50-0 loss that is heading our way plus injuries right?
              What I said was we can't expect Burrow to play like a typical rookie QB because he is a phenomenal talent. Interestingly, many of the greats in college quarterback history were complete busts in the NFL. But Burrow is on another level. If you read about him you will know what I mean. I have been assuming that a rookie QB without OTAs or a single preseason game is going to get buried in his first NFL start, especially by the Bolts' defense. But after learning more about Burrow, I don't expect him to be a total disaster in his first game. I believe he will play surprisingly well. That doesn't mean I'm predicting the Bengals to win, I've got the Chargers winning a close game. But I think Burrow is going to do some damage.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

and the kicker is that Burrow did that against the very best division and very best defenses in all of college football....... he did not light up the pac 10 or big 8, or some other division where no defense is played.....
                Burrow also scored almost every time he had the ball in playoffs..... he threw 7 TD passes in first half and scored one more on first drive of 2nd half(i have never seen anyone at any level do that)........ Burrow made Trevor Lawrence look very ordinary by comparison..... Burrow looked like a mobile Tom Brady in his prime....... handling blitzes like he knew exactly what was coming and exactly where to throw the ball every time..... and he was dropping dimes.....

That is why I wanted to trade anything CIN wanted to get that pick..... and it would have been worth it..... barring injury, he is special.....

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

What I said was we can't expect Burrow to play like a typical rookie QB because he is a phenomenal talent. Interestingly, many of the greats in college quarterback history were complete busts in the NFL. But Burrow is on another level. If you read about him you will know what I mean. I have been assuming that a rookie QB without OTAs or a single preseason game is going to get buried in his first NFL start, especially by the Bolts' defense. But after learning more about Burrow, I don't expect him to be a total disaster in his first game. I believe he will play surprisingly well. That doesn't mean I'm predicting the Bengals to win, I've got the Chargers winning a close game. But I think Burrow is going to do some damage.
                  I agree - Burrow is a super talent and I expect him to be good in his first game. I don't expect an easy game - they have good receivers and a very good RB too. Still, I think the Bolts have more over all talent We win by a TD.

We waited so long for this - can you believe the game is tomorrow?
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

most busts were not truely great in college...... sometimes systems and bad defenses can make some so so QB's look way better than they really were......

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree - Burrow is a super talent and I expect him to be good in his first game. I don't expect an easy game - they have good receivers and a very good RB too. Still, I think the Bolts have more over all talent We win by a TD.

We waited so long for this - can you believe the game is tomorrow?
                      Man, I am just so stoked that we are going to actually have a football season! I really didn't think it was going to be possible a few months ago. But it's happening! I think the Bolts are going to win too. I think the defense will limit the Bengals' offense. We know this defense and what to expect from it, it's going to be a top 10 unit this year at the very least. What we don't know is what to expect from the new offense. It is what is going to decide the game and the margin of victory.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

and the kicker is that Burrow did that against the very best division and very best defenses in all of college football....... he did not light up the pac 10 or big 8, or some other division where no defense is played.....
                        Burrow also scored almost every time he had the ball in playoffs..... he threw 7 TD passes in first half and scored one more on first drive of 2nd half(i have never seen anyone at any level do that)........ Burrow made Trevor Lawrence look very ordinary by comparison..... Burrow looked like a mobile Tom Brady in his prime....... handling blitzes like he knew exactly what was coming and exactly where to throw the ball every time..... and he was dropping dimes.....

That is why I wanted to trade anything CIN wanted to get that pick..... and it would have been worth it..... barring injury, he is special.....
                        Exactly what I am talking about. I didn't pay attention to college football at all last season. I was shocked when I started reading up and watching Burrow. As you say, he dominated the best teams in college football, had his way with the best college defenses like they were nothing. No college QB has ever had a season like Burrow before entering the NFL.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I don’t know about all that but the Chargers don’t need to play to rack up injuries. No games and we’ve already lost our most dynamic defender and 3/5 of our starting oline. WR #2 is also questionable. Mid season form

Comment

Working...
                          X