• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Blitzing makes reading the coverage pretty easy. Blitz coverage is mostly man coverage, and so he knows where each receiver will be.

What really drives rookie QB crazy is mixing up pass coverages. Forces them to be completely comfortable with the entire playbook.

FWIW, ESPN reporting Alexander's father is found. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-alive-florida

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

I think Joe is going to be a very good QB in this league. He’s got a lot of intangibles including his mental processing of the game. It’ll be a tougher game than some people think. But we should win as long as minimize mistakes and have good fundamentals.

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Joe Burrow can be next Tom Brady in week 2
        All I know is we need to make him look like a bad rookie QB come week 1. I'm tired of our history against rookie QBs or unproven guys having get well day on our squad.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          I think Joe is going to be a very good QB in this league. He’s got a lot of intangibles including his mental processing of the game. It’ll be a tougher game than some people think. But we should win as long as minimize mistakes and have good fundamentals.
          I don't care how good Joe might be one day...he ain't gonna light it up against us...but if our new offense is slow out the gates, which is understandable, and we let them get a bit of a running game going, which can also happen until that newer look front 7 gels, it could indeed be a close game. On paper we should smoke them, but game plans faltering, and a few bad bounces can thwart any spread.

Looks like one of our better opportunities for a win on the schedule...hopefully we get it done, get this team rolling.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

As a Georgia fan, nothing would give me greater joy than to watch burrow take a beating.

I've watched him alot at LSU and he's pretty mobile, just as mobile and fast as Mahommes in my opinion.

He doesnt run for first downs. Instead he runs to extend the play keeping his eyes downfield for open receivers that can be breaking off their routes. He is surprisingly accurate throwing the ball on the run, running to his right or his left.

Chargers defense is going to have to make a decision to shadow him to prevent him from running or blitz him to keep him from completing passes.

Georgia tried both (in the SEC championship game) and both failed miserably. They even tried to drop back in coverage and rush 3 but he would pick them apart because he had too much time to throw.

Bosa better be in shape because he's going to do alot of running chasing him the whole game.

I like the Chargers in this game but it will be closer than many think.

Chargers 21-17.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
              As a Georgia fan, nothing would give me greater joy than to watch burrow take a beating.

I've watched him alot at LSU and he's pretty mobile, just as mobile and fast as Mahommes in my opinion.

He doesnt run for first downs. Instead he runs to extend the play keeping his eyes downfield for open receivers that can be breaking off their routes. He is surprisingly accurate throwing the ball on the run, running to his right or his left.

Chargers defense is going to have to make a decision to shadow him to prevent him from running or blitz him to keep him from completing passes.

Georgia tried both (in the SEC championship game) and both failed miserably. They even tried to drop back in coverage and rush 3 but he would pick them apart because he had too much time to throw.

Bosa better be in shape because he's going to do alot of running chasing him the whole game.

I like the Chargers in this game but it will be closer than many think.

Chargers 21-17.
              Burrow is no longer in the SEC and their simple coverage schemes. He will no longer have the edge of having elite receivers going up against over matched dbs; nor an interior that consistently allowed him to step up in the pocket.

Pro Football Focus doesn’t seem to think the Cincinnati Bengals did enough to fix their offensive line, the weakest unit on the team.
              The
              Cincinnati Bengals’ coaching staff has sent an optimistic message regarding one of their weakest units in recent history, the offensive line.

The interior offensive line is a big question mark
              Where things begin to look questionable is when the focus shifts from Williams on the outside to the options the Bengals have available along the interior. The leading candidates to man the two guard spots appear to be Michael Jordan and Xavier Su’a-Filo, who both have concerns.

If the Charger interior can't get pressure....that pretty much will dictate what the ceiling will be on the Charger's season.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Burrow is no longer in the SEC and their simple coverage schemes. He will no longer have the edge of having elite receivers going up against over matched dbs; nor an interior that consistently allowed him to step up in the pocket.

Pro Football Focus doesn’t seem to think the Cincinnati Bengals did enough to fix their offensive line, the weakest unit on the team.
                The
                Cincinnati Bengals’ coaching staff has sent an optimistic message regarding one of their weakest units in recent history, the offensive line.

The interior offensive line is a big question mark
                Where things begin to look questionable is when the focus shifts from Williams on the outside to the options the Bengals have available along the interior. The leading candidates to man the two guard spots appear to be Michael Jordan and Xavier Su’a-Filo, who both have concerns.

If the Charger interior can't get pressure....that pretty much will dictate what the ceiling will be on the Charger's season.
                First game rarely dictates the season but we should have success against the Bungals.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

You're all forgetting the talent disparity that exists in college football. the LSU team had a first-round running back a first overall quarterback first round wide receiver a wide receiver that will be drafted in the top 10 a drafted tight end and 3/4 line is in the NFL.

I'll still say the Burrow is a ? At quarterback. is he the quarterback in his senior year with a huge talent advantage and a relative advantage of a coach from the passing game of New Orleans, or is the average quarterback that he was the rest of his college career? Time will tell.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think no preseason is going to be a major set back for most of these rookies.

This game represents an excellent chance to start the season with a W.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

First game rarely dictates the season but we should have success against the Bungals.
                      You'd still be hopeful of the defensive interior Ninja if they lay an egg in Cincy against that guard/center/guard combo?

Underwhelming defensive tackle play and this will not be an elite defense.....500 at best.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You'd still be hopeful of the defensive interior Ninja if they lay an egg in Cincy against that guard/center/guard combo?

Underwhelming defensive tackle play and this will not be an elite defense.....500 at best.
                        I would. I expect a solid showing though.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

It will be different just based on the talent available this year. The blitz may not have time to get there with Bosa, Joseph, Jones and Ingram rushing.
                          Aside from that the talent, speed & depth at LB, S, CB is basically awesome. No doubt we will blitz occasionally just because we can but the DL is going to do some damage.
                          When the NY Football Giants won a couple rings, they got to the QB with 4 pass rushers.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X