• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

Fair point. But I guess you'd hope your draft picks would be outperforming your UDFA signings.

But I understand.
    Kelley wasn't active for yesterdays game. 4th round pick

And I understand that the team didn't have the 3rd round pick because of Murray but this years class - after Herbert and Murray'
    3rd - no pick
    4th Kelley inactive
    5th Reed - did he play
    6th - Gilman - has he even played a snap
    7th - Hill

thats not much production 3/4 of the way through the season

So if you ask me do you want to keep TElesco?

ehh, not really. I mean, if he were to bring Brian Kelly - maybe
    but the track record speaks for itself

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And I understand that the team didn't have the 3rd round pick because of Murray but this years class - after Herbert and Murray'
      3rd - no pick
      4th Kelley inactive
      5th Reed - did he play
      7th - Hill

Not much production is right...so many wasted picks by TT over the years...all those extra picks thrown away to move up for dudes like Gordon and Attaouchu...ugh...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

3rd - no pick
        4th Kelley inactive
        5th Reed - did he play
        7th - Hill

Reed has bruised ribs so no he didnt play. Didnt play last week either.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not much production is right...so many wasted picks by TT over the years...all those extra picks thrown away to move up for dudes like Gordon and Attaouchu...ugh...
          The trading away of draft picks and the failure to draft good OL players are Telesco's chief failings. He has drafted some very good players, though, and he has signed some very good UDFAs (Tyrell, Williams and Austin Ekeler in particular). He is a mixed bag on free agents.

I think Telesco is very average for a GM. If we fire him, we could do worse or we could do better. I think we could only do better when it comes to replacing Lynn.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The trading away of draft picks and the failure to draft good OL players are Telesco's chief failings. He has drafted some very good players, though, and he has signed some very good UDFAs (Tyrell, Williams and Austin Ekeler in particular). He is a mixed bag on free agents.

I think Telesco is very average for a GM. If we fire him, we could do worse or we could do better. I think we could only do better when it comes to replacing Lynn.
            U R probably right that TT is average...and he HAS done well signing UDFA's who have turned into solid starters...still, the failure to reach the playoffs (except for that fluke 2018 year) is the bottom line...he needs to go...need a complete housecleaning...

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

U R probably right that TT is average...and he HAS done well signing UDFA's who have turned into solid starters...still, the failure to reach the playoffs (except for that fluke 2018 year) is the bottom line...he needs to go...need a complete housecleaning...
              I remain mixed on Telesco. It will not ruin my day if he is fired, but I would like us to have a strong GM candidate waiting in the wings because we could make things worse. The roster is talented, but the coaching has been awful, hell, worse than awful.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I remain mixed on Telesco. It will not ruin my day if he is fired, but I would like us to have a strong GM candidate waiting in the wings because we could make things worse. The roster is talented, but the coaching has been awful, hell, worse than awful.
                True...I can live with TT next year...but Lynn & Co., no, no, they all must go!

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I actually like TT and hope he is back next season. There I said it. His biggest swing and misses have been on the o-line but at least he is swinging. He hasn't seemed to land one yet but I feel he is pretty good with most other positions and is great in the UDFA areas. The biggest reason I like him is that he has wrapped up KA, Ek and Bosa for years to come while Herbert (whom TT drafted, BTW) grows into his second contract. This team has pillars for Herbert to grow with for 3-4 more years and I will credit TT for that. It seems he finally has a chance to build the team he wants without having to meet PRs contract.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

I am confused with the love and or indifference with TT when he is the one that hires the coaches, right?? I give a GM 2 head coaches to hire under his watch, but more than that makes no sense to me. Outside 1 or maybe a couple of seasons, the OL has been underwhelming. How is it that he gets a pass when he is the one who hires the coaches and acquires the players?

There are some good things he has done no doubt, but too many draft picks end up getting beat out by undrafted players. Coaches are the ones who choose some of those undrafted players to make the team, so I tend to agree much less on some of those finds being strictly because of TT when sometimes those finds were out of necessity because of bad draft picks. Please see WR depth chart.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

The funny thing here is that list of yours all have a very good chance in developing into starters. I wonder what the average is for NFL teams on getting 1st year starters in there drafts. I couldn't find it.

Also if you really think about it Herbert is bringing everyone to the party. Tyron Johnson is taking advantage while Keenan and MW hurtng. Guyton? KJ Hill and Joe Reed got involved. Just saying that now sounds like a very deep receiver corps.

Tyron is looking scary with some of his route running. I'm tellin ya this could end up being an awesome draft. Bottom line is this is the Tom Telesco "Make it or Break it" draft. If he goes all in on Olinemen I don't know if that would upset me or not.

Comment

• Scotty Boy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2017
                        • Send PM

I think Telesco has drafted and signed free agents in an overall solid manner.

Look carefully at some of his “misses” and you’ll see that some drafts just do not produce a whole lot of quality starters.

My biggest problem with TT is he’s too “nice”. I saw him say before the season that he’s “extremely happy with the coaching staff”; yet made a comment about himself that if the Chargers keep picking at #6 he won’t be around too long.

After last year’s debacle, he should have created an environment of challenging EVERYONE - including the coaches - to improve.

Great organizations and leaders are always looking to motivate to raise the bar....

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Winning starts at the top. And TT competes for the bottom. This team should have been rebuilt and competed for the top 5 years ago.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X