• Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
    One game out of first place.
    We're barely better than the Raiders just like the Broncos are a whole lot worse than the Rams.
    Time to test this theories?
    Next up, the Slams.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Mike McCoy called it an "outstanding team performance."
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Seriously people may think I'm an asshole. And if so fine, but this feels like a loss. I keep watching Bruce Ariens and wonder what may have been. That end of half performance today has to have the GM concerned if not I want a new GM too.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
          Seriously people may think I'm an asshole. And if so fine, but this feels like a loss. I keep watching Bruce Ariens and wonder what may have been. That end of half performance today has to have the GM concerned if not I want a new GM too.
          Bruce Arians has a great defensive front 7 and the defensive coordinator seems to be able to cover up the team's injuries. Arians is the offensive mind, and, quite Norvly, his offense sucks. Long developing plays. Gets his quarterbacks dinged a lot. He and Frank Reich would make a great tandem.

Comment

• Boltergeist
            Pesky apparition
            • Jun 2013
            • Baja Oklahoma
            • Send PM

I wanted Arians, too, but I have had no complaints about McCoy. The end of the first half today made me call him McNorv. Let's hope it is an anomaly.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

You put too much importance on specific incidents, especially when it comes to McCoy.

The defense played awesome today and taken into consideration how poorly they played the last time against the Raiders, that's a great sign.

Just reading about Rivers dealing with the rib injury helps explain why the offense is looking out of sync.

Finally, a win is a win is a win and this is a week to week league. There are teams that look great or horrible now who will look completely the opposite at the end of the season.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

I was very encouraged by the defensive play today. Couple blown assignments, but our coverage and pass rush were improved.

Offensively, I have no clue who they are anymore. They need to go back to predominant two TE formations and start exploiting matchups. Not only would it improve the running game, but the pass protection as well. Every time I see Royal motion to the edge of the line and attempt to make a block I just face palm. We have stopped exploiting the middle of the field and seemingly only throw it to the sidelines. Too many chunk play failures are leading to third and longs which we simply don't convert. 1st down runs out of the 3 WR package fail more often than not. We don't attack the seam anymore. Gone are the crossers at multiple levels. If we don't get an amazing catch out of Floyd, we seemingly can't move the ball. They need to get back to fucking basics and work on setting up 3rd and short repeatedly.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

The interior OL is just not very good, and it makes every play an adventure. Reich called a lot of quick hitting plays, but if the 1st read is covered, then it forces the QB to hold the ball. At some point, the offense has to get the guys opposite them blocked, and the OL just isn't doing a good enough job of that.

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    You put too much importance on specific incidents, especially when it comes to McCoy.

The defense played awesome today and taken into consideration how poorly they played the last time against the Raiders, that's a great sign.

Just reading about Rivers dealing with the rib injury helps explain why the offense is looking out of sync.

Finally, a win is a win is a win and this is a week to week league. There are teams that look great or horrible now who will look completely the opposite at the end of the season.
                    Rib injury happened in late 3rd qtr/early 4th qtr or were you talking about a previous injury?

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      The interior OL is just not very good, and it makes every play an adventure. Reich called a lot of quick hitting plays, but if the 1st read is covered, then it forces the QB to hold the ball. At some point, the offense has to get the guys opposite them blocked, and the OL just isn't doing a good enough job of that.
                      Well, if Steve says so, then I guess I'm wrong. We need a new first read?

Comment

We have a head coach that called this an outstanding team performance... Is he for real?

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

We have a head coach that called this an outstanding team performance... Is he for real?
                          Yeah, they should fire him for that...

Comment

Working...
                          X