Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    McCoy had a pretty good explanation about what happened at the end of the half in his post game press conference. And as usual, he took responsibility and said he and the team will learn from this, which is good to hear.
    So what was the explanation part of the explanation?
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

#1 This team is NOT a contender is Rivers can't throw accurately, I will concur with that.
      #2 Having Mathews back will help, he showed much more burst than Oliver has. Don't let anyone kid you, losing Mathews and Woodhead in back to back weeks was a HUGE blow.
      #3 The defense did look better. Mind you it was the Raiders, but they put up points and yards on the Patriots just a few weeks ago, and everyone is calling the Pats the top team in the League right now.
      #4 It doesn't look good. The team needs Rivers to be accurate, and right now, he just isn't.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        You put too much importance on specific incidents, especially when it comes to McCoy.

The defense played awesome today and taken into consideration how poorly they played the last time against the Raiders, that's a great sign.

Just reading about Rivers dealing with the rib injury helps explain why the offense is looking out of sync.

Finally, a win is a win is a win and this is a week to week league. There are teams that look great or horrible now who will look completely the opposite at the end of the season.
        The rib injury coincides with the offense regressing, so it explains a bunch.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          #1 This team is NOT a contender is Rivers can't throw accurately, I will concur with that.
          #2 Having Mathews back will help, he showed much more burst than Oliver has. Don't let anyone kid you, losing Mathews and Woodhead in back to back weeks was a HUGE blow.
          #3 The defense did look better. Mind you it was the Raiders, but they put up points and yards on the Patriots just a few weeks ago, and everyone is calling the Pats the top team in the League right now.
          #4 It doesn't look good. The team needs Rivers to be accurate, and right now, he just isn't.
          #5 Getting Butler off the field more helped.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            #5 Getting Butler off the field more helped.
            Which means having Te'o on it helped?

I thought he played well.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• SFW
              PB Official Game Thread Starter
              • Jul 2013
              • NY
              • USMC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              Which means having Te'o on it helped?

I thought he played well.
              Yes, there is a big difference in the D overall when all the LBers are healthy (to include Te'o). Hopefully they can stay healthy and we can see what they can do over the next 6 games.
              1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
              2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
              3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
              4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
              5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
              6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
              7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Boltergeist
                Pesky apparition
                • Jun 2013
                • Baja Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Ingram's presence seems to make everyone better. I would love to see him stay healthy for a full season.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Big Bear
                  • Self-employed property manager.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
                  Stadium also 85% black jerseys.
                  Crazy how overstated this always is, usually by Raiders fans looking to lick themselves over it. The crowd noise was MUCH louder when the Chargers did something worth yelling about than it was when the Raiders did something worth yelling about. There is no way in hell there were anywhere near 85% black jerseys.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Big Bear
                    • Self-employed property manager.
                    • Send PM

Watching the game, I really felt that the game plan was "if we don't turn the ball over and/or give up big plays, we will beat an inferior team." Especially once we were up two scores. It just didn't look like we were taking any risks, and presuming we would win if we didn't give it away. Yeah, it wasn't pretty, and there were other issues as well, but it was a W, a division W, and a conference W. As others have stated, there are no style points.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

This was definitely part of the game plan. And as bad as we looked on offense, we dominated the other two phases of the game, defense and special teams. When you dominate two of three, you are going to win most games against inferior opponents. I think the offensive game plan was to get Ryan moving again and also try and get the O-line blocking worked out and not do anything that would jeopardize how well the other two phases were working.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                        This was definitely part of the game plan. And as bad as we looked on offense, we dominated the other two phases of the game, defense and special teams. When you dominate two of three, you are going to win most games against inferior opponents. I think the offensive game plan was to get Ryan moving again and also try and get the O-line blocking worked out and not do anything that would jeopardize how well the other two phases were working.
                        that's what it looked like to me too. I have to wonder how much emphasis there was on protecting Rivers too in the conservative offensive game plan. Obviously the team knows about his ribs, but he was getting hit a lot back there.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          that's what it looked like to me too. I have to wonder how much emphasis there was on protecting Rivers too in the conservative offensive game plan. Obviously the team knows about his ribs, but he was getting hit a lot back there.
                          If there was an emphasis on protecting Rivers, it surely didn't work out to well!

Comment

Working...
                          X