• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
    Rib injury happened in late 3rd qtr/early 4th qtr or were you talking about a previous injury?
    According to Gates, he's been dealing with it for a few weeks now.

Michael Gehlken @UTgehlken

Antonio Gates on Philip Rivers: "For those who don't know, he's been dealing with a rib injury, a very severe rib injury." Said past few wks

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
      Seriously people may think I'm an asshole. And if so fine, but this feels like a loss. I keep watching Bruce Ariens and wonder what may have been. That end of half performance today has to have the GM concerned if not I want a new GM too.
      Asshole? No. Massively overreacting to a game we won? Yeah. There are no style points for how you win. Do we have things that clearly need fixing? Of course. But geez, we beat the Raiders for the second time this season and are one game out of first place. McCoy and Reich can only do so much with the injuries to our line yet somehow we are still very much in the middle,of the playoff race.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Rodney Harrison ripping Belichick for taking a knee on that last drive before halftime.

Bronco fans calling for Fox to resign and Manning to retire. Pittsburgh fans were calling for Tomlin's head after they lost to the Jets last week.

I guess you can find something to complain about if you look hard enough.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Mike McCoy called it an "outstanding team performance."
          He also called the Raider a "really good team". Or something like that.

Comment

• SFW
            PB Official Game Thread Starter
            • Jul 2013
            • NY
            • USMC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Asshole? No. Massively overreacting to a game we won? Yeah. There are no style points for how you win. Do we have things that clearly need fixing? Of course. But geez, we beat the Raiders for the second time this season and are one game out of first place. McCoy and Reich can only do so much with the injuries to our line yet somehow we are still very much in the middle,of the playoff race.
            I'm actually slightly satisfied by all the negativity after this win. All it does is show just how far the Chargers organization has risen. We spent many years with low or no expectations, only the hopes of being of being a playoffs spoiler to the other AFCW teams. Now the team is 6-4 and has just swept our most hated rival and many fans are up in arms because they didn't blow them out while doing so. Our fans expectations have risen so high under this regime and Rivers specifically that just winning is no longer good enough for many. Maybe I am weird but that makes me somewhat proud of where the team is. And I believe the rise to the top will continue, even though it probably isn't this season, it is coming.
            1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
            2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
            3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
            4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
            5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
            6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
            7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Boltimore
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Naples, FL
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              He also called the Raider a "really good team". Or something like that.
              Well that's the last straw. Fire that idiot.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Seriously people may think I'm an asshole. And if so fine, but this feels like a loss. I keep watching Bruce Ariens and wonder what may have been. That end of half performance today has to have the GM concerned if not I want a new GM too.
                I'll sign that memo.

All you see and choose to harp on is the stuff that isn't right. There were bright spots too- take your hatred blinders off and look for a few to balance things out for a change. I'll even give you a freebie to start: Ryan Mathews averaged +4.0 yards today and gave us a semblance of a running game even with the OL in disarray and Rivers out of sync with his WR.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

The thing is whether or not the Chargers are going to get better or not. There were a few plays that they highlighted on TV, where the inside zone blocking was a thing of beauty. The teamwork was outstanding. Watt, Troutman and Fluker played as well as any right side in football. Then there were plays on the same drive it didn't look like they were 3 rookies going up against the best front 7 in football.

So, which are going to show up for the rest of the season? Are they going to get their teamwork down and play like we hoped they would, or are we going to keep having our RB hit in the backfield, lose yards and get so far behind in down and distance that we cannot convert? Or are we going to march down the field behind MAthews and Oliver being the two most physical back in the AFC West.

Probably, the most likely outcome is a little of both, if for no other reason then the injuries and constant shuffling will likely still occur. But the fact is that a single game is only a snapshot in a short season, and all teams are up and down.

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    I'll sign that memo.

All you see and choose to harp on is the stuff that isn't right. There were bright spots too- take your hatred blinders off and look for a few to balance things out for a change. I'll even give you a freebie to start: Ryan Mathews averaged +4.0 yards today and gave us a semblance of a running game even with the OL in disarray and Rivers out of sync with his WR.
                    We. Played. The. Raiders.

2 Weeks, 13 points.

Sorry I am not ready to jump on the Super Bowl express with all of you.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

We. Played. The. Raiders.

2 Weeks, 13 points.

Sorry I am not ready to jump on the Super Bowl express with all of you.
                      No one here is jumping on the Super Bowl bandwagon. We're just happy with a win, no matter how ugly it is. "We're on to St. Louis!"

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Well, as long as there is no Super Bowl bandwagon then it's business as normal
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SFW View Post
                          All it does is show just how far the Chargers organization has risen. We spent many years with low or no expectations, only the hopes of being of being a playoffs spoiler to the other AFCW teams. Now the team is 6-4 and has just swept our most hated rival and many fans are up in arms because they didn't blow them out while doing so. Our fans expectations have risen so high under this regime and Rivers specifically that just winning is no longer good enough for many.
                          I wouldn't say the team has spent many years with low or no expectations. this team went first place in the west 5 out of 6 years (4 years straight from 2006-2009), and in the 3 straight years after (2010-2012), the villagers weren't angry because they had low or no expectations, they were mad the team failed to sniff the playoffs (even in those nonplayoff years people were still clinging to the label of 14-2/most talented team in the league). so the expectations didn't "suddenly" rise because of this regime, i think a few are just clinging to the notion that a few tweaks and better coaching would extend the "window" a little bit while we still have Rivers at qb. We are at the phase or era when some parts tease you that we can still be good, and some parts really show that we should be in full rebuild mode.

Comment

Working...
                          X