• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    If there was an emphasis on protecting Rivers, it surely didn't work out to well!
    No kidding! I don't think Rhinehart got the memo.
    sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      If there was an emphasis on protecting Rivers, it surely didn't work out to well!
      that's why I questioned it. Normally when a team gets conservative they go max protect for their QB- but we did not- or are not capable of it? If they are not changing anything and leaving Rivers exposed like that when he can't run or step up and still the offense can't execute after 2 weeks, some serious rethinking is in order. Back to Martyball if we can get the OL to block consistently. At least we had a 120 yd rushing day and better TOP that was lost in the complaining about not crushing the Rayturds.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        that's why I questioned it. Normally when a team gets conservative they go max protect for their QB- but we did not- or are not capable of it? If they are not changing anything and leaving Rivers exposed like that when he can't run or step up and still the offense can't execute after 2 weeks, some serious rethinking is in order. Back to Martyball if we can get the OL to block consistently. At least we had a 120 yd rushing day and better TOP that was lost in the complaining about not crushing the Rayturds.
        I can't say I focused on it, but I didn't notice a lot of max protect in the game at all. I think we tried to run our normal offense and our linemen lost a lot of one on one match ups and our WR did not do a great job getting much separation.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
          This is nothing close to being a championship team. We don't even have anything that resembles championship caliber coaching. I'd say it's time to get real.
          Look around the league. Every other team has at least one major flaw as well. When we're clicking, there isn't a team in the league we can't beat; when we're not, there isn't a team in the league that can't beat us.

You guys think I'm an overly optimistic Pollyanna, and maybe I am, but the Rams upset over the Broncos bears up what I've been saying. I've been saying Denver is ripe for a few surprise losses, and lo and behold! Because they, just like us and just like every other team this year, has flaws. The key to Denver and San Diego and anyone else's game is to be able to play their game. They do that, they likely win; they don't, then they don't. So, this may not be anything close to some of the championship teams of years past, but this team is still very much in the mix.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

Seriously people may think I'm an asshole. And if so fine, but this feels like a loss. I keep watching Bruce Ariens and wonder what may have been. That end of half performance today has to have the GM concerned if not I want a new GM too.
            I guess it didn't take a 1-point win for some, Q, just a 1-score win.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
              Well, if Steve says so, then I guess I'm wrong. We need a new first read?
              Will this do?
              Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

We have a head coach that called this an outstanding team performance... Is he for real?
                Rivers was off. But the team played well, especially defense and special teams. I'm sorry you can't see that and can't enjoy the win over our hated archrivals.
                Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Two weeks to prepare, but I think only the defense showed up.
                  I disagree. I think Rivers had a very off game, and now we know why, but the rest of the team, especially defense and special teams, definitely came to play.
                  Adipose

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                    I disagree. I think Rivers had a very off game, and now we know why, but the rest of the team, especially defense and special teams, definitely came to play.
                    Rivers also a VERY off game before that against the Dolphins. I was expecting more from the offense after the extra week off to get healthier and more practice together for the OL etc.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The team isn't championship caliber, but is plagued by injuries like much of last year and still made a push and looked good down the stretch. Still possible.

But better to sulk during a tough stretch. Just like the Patriots did during the beginning of the season. You know, the team with so much more talent than us (Gray, Edelman, Vereen, LaFell, Chung).

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        The team isn't championship caliber, but is plagued by injuries like much of last year and still made a push and looked good down the stretch. Still possible.

But better to sulk during a tough stretch. Just like the Patriots did during the beginning of the season. You know, the team with so much more talent than us (Gray, Edelman, Vereen, LaFell, Chung).
                        Dorian Gray, Ben Vereen, Chung-Li. The youthful old-man, Webster's dancing uncle (brother of Alex Karras), and the badass schoolgirl from Street Fighter.

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          Rivers also a VERY off game before that against the Dolphins. I was expecting more from the offense after the extra week off to get healthier and more practice together for the OL etc.
                          Yes, he's had a few off games lately. I guess a rib injury will do that. But my post wasn't about Rivers' offness but the fact the rest of the team came to play, which wasn't the case at all against Miami.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X