First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I agree with Yuba. I agree with Yuba!

Damn, I feel like I am in some sort of self help program...
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      Conversely, if he can hurt us, why?
      If he sucks at OL I'd agree. If everyone's afraid he's gonna poison the locker room, not sure I like shying away from a player just because we fear he's gonna poison a team full of choir boys.

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        If he sucks at OL I'd agree. If everyone's afraid he's gonna poison the locker room, not sure I like shying away from a player just because we fear he's gonna poison a team full of choir boys.
        One of the things that the players have really commented on since last year is how united and close the team is. Their emphasis of that issue makes me believe that they themselves believe that it is an important component with respect to their success.

Incognito is a mentally disordered individual whose instability and actions make him a divisive and disruptive factor no matter where he is. His mental makeup is such that he can't help it/control it. There has never been a dispute that he can play and yet no team that has had him has wanted to keep him and there have been a legion of issues that have demonstrated why that is. The guy fosters chaos and dysfunction of such a magnitude that it will inevitably outweigh any short term contribution he make on the field for us.

I have zero problem with players like DGB or even a guy like Devonte Fields, who are young guys that have had significant youthful indiscretions. I think they deserve a chance. I have no problem with us drafting players like that. I say LeGarrette Blount is a player to pass on just barely because his character flaws can be dealt with to a degree and he is a good player.

But Incognito is whole other kettle of fish. He has spent his whole life showing that he cannot be fixed. He is an easy player to pass on for me and I am surprised by those that would consider him when such a ruckus has been raised in the 2015 draft thread about players like DGB who are angels by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
          One of the things that the players have really commented on since last year is how united and close the team is. Their emphasis of that issue makes me believe that they themselves believe that it is an important component with respect to their success.

Incognito is a mentally disordered individual whose instability and actions make him a divisive and disruptive factor no matter where he is. His mental makeup is such that he can't help it/control it. There has never been a dispute that he can play and yet no team that has had him has wanted to keep him and there have been a legion of issues that have demonstrated why that is. The guy fosters chaos and dysfunction of such a magnitude that it will inevitably outweigh any short term contribution he make on the field for us.

I have zero problem with players like DGB or even a guy like Devonte Fields, who are young guys that have had significant youthful indiscretions. I think they deserve a chance. I have no problem with us drafting players like that. I say LeGarrette Blount is a player to pass on just barely because his character flaws can be dealt with to a degree and he is a good player.

But Incognito is whole other kettle of fish. He has spent his whole life showing that he cannot be fixed. He is an easy player to pass on for me and I am surprised by those that would consider him when such a ruckus has been raised in the 2015 draft thread about players like DGB who are angels by comparison.

The guy is on his last legs, he is jobless. I bring him in with a quick hook and clauses that reflect his expectations. I do not believe this guy would be given the chance to poison this locker room.

The Broncos brought him in and turned him down, I say bring him in get him to use that as motivation and give him one last chance. If he cant make it here then hes done.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
            The guy is on his last legs, he is jobless. I bring him in with a quick hook and clauses that reflect his expectations. I do not believe this guy would be given the chance to poison this locker room.

The Broncos brought him in and turned him down, I say bring him in get him to use that as motivation and give him one last chance. If he cant make it here then hes done.
            The Broncos didn't turn him down. They just didn't sign him yet and the word is that they didn't want to sign him right before playing Miami and having that circus to deal with. But they're in pure desperation mode. If they don't win a SB this year, three years of Manning and it's considered an epic failure.

I think guys like Riley Cooper (who had one isolated incident, although a really questionable one), you really have to make a careful decision before signing. Someone like Incognito is just taken off your list completely. Same probably goes for Blount. They both have a history of just not getting it.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              The Broncos didn't turn him down. They just didn't sign him yet and the word is that they didn't want to sign him right before playing Miami and having that circus to deal with. But they're in pure desperation mode. If they don't win a SB this year, three years of Manning and it's considered an epic failure.

I think guys like Riley Cooper (who had one isolated incident, although a really questionable one), you really have to make a careful decision before signing. Someone like Incognito is just taken off your list completely. Same probably goes for Blount. They both have a history of just not getting it.
              Oh how I just hope that comes true. "Broncos" and "Epic Failure" in the same sentence.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                Oh how I just hope that comes true. "Broncos" and "Epic Failure" in the same sentence.
                How about "Fuck" and "the Broncos."
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Incognito ain't gonna happen, Friends. How in the world can McCoy and Telesco talk about family first atmosphere, players who are just as good off the field as on, players who love and care about each other and football above all else and then sign a guy like Incognito? The short term improvements would be vastly outweighed by losing the team and not meaning what you say or doing what you say. So I just don't see any way that Ray Rice, LaGarrett Blount, Ben Tate, Richie Incognito, Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson, Santonio Holmes, etc ever get signed to a team run by Telesco and coached by McCoy. And how successful have the Chargers been with players like this in the past....David Boston? Gaither?

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Somebody rep this post!
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• SFW
                      PB Official Game Thread Starter
                      • Jul 2013
                      • NY
                      • USMC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Incognito ain't gonna happen, Friends. How in the world can McCoy and Telesco talk about family first atmosphere, players who are just as good off the field as on, players who love and care about each other and football above all else and then sign a guy like Incognito? The short term improvements would be vastly outweighed by losing the team and not meaning what you say or doing what you say. So I just don't see any way that Ray Rice, LaGarrett Blount, Ben Tate, Richie Incognito, Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson, Santonio Holmes, etc ever get signed to a team run by Telesco and coached by McCoy. And how successful have the Chargers been with players like this in the past....David Boston? Gaither?

TG
                      I agree with this. I wouldn't like the message it would send to the players in the locker room if Incognito was brought it. It would contradict everything the regime has been building and saying thus far.

I have no issue with the player getting a second chance, just not in SD.
                      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        Right after they epic fail. Count on it.

Can't you just picture it? All the Bronco zealots wringing their hands, biting their fingernails, wasting countless hours on a message board, wondering if their team is going to collapse - again - and become the brunt of many a national joke...again. Most SB losses in history. Most lopsided SB loss in history. The train wreck of a SB last year, complete with that hysterical first snap; Manning's expression. The SB Trophy photoshopped flying by his head (replacing the football) as their hopes go up in smoke ON THE VERY FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME.

60 minutes of pure football agony for arguably the League's most obnoxious fans. Football heaven, I tell ya.
                        Last edited by QSmokey; 11-20-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                          Right after they epic fail. Count on it.

Can't you just picture it? All the Bronco zealots wringing their hands, biting their fingernails, wasting countless hours on a message board, wondering if their team is going to collapse - again - and become the brunt of many a national joke...again. Most SB losses in history. Most lopsided SB loss in history. The train wreck of a SB last year, complete with that hysterical first snap; Manning's expression. The SB Trophy photoshopped flying by his head (replacing the football) as their hopes go up in smoke ON THE VERY FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME.

60 minutes of pure football agony for arguably the League's most obnoxious fans. Football heaven, I tell ya.
                          LOL!...How many Bronco's does it take to change a tire?

One. Unless its a blowout, then the whole team shows up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X