• Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

I only watched the highlights but it seemed that most of Brady's completions were to open to wide open (1+ yards or more) receivers. We made some no name dudes look really talented.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Yes. So much this.

The DBs and LBs have always been sloppy at tackling since Bradley came to the team. How this always keeps being a thing is a consideration to move on from Bradley. Another problem is he and Lynn are complacent.

The depth on the D-line isn't there. It can't be said enough. They brought Square back which was a mistake. Square gets beat a lot. His undersizeness has killed this team for years. He is one of the worst players on the team. You're not competing for a championship with Square. This team needs to move on from him.

Whenever Gus does blitz, opponents beat us anyway. He plays his defense honest most of the time. You need a good D-line for that, and depth on it. This is what Bradley doesn't seem to understand. He needs the right talent in spots for his scheme to function properly. It has been shown that Gus needs the perfect players for his scheme from Seattle to work, or else.

The interior is nothing aside from Tillery, when it comes to pass rushing. This is one big reason that is killing the team. Even if we get Jones back, he won't solve the teams awful pass rush, because he isn't much of a pass rusher. In addition to what I said about Square, his presence hinders this defense's potential to be better than it is. We could have used another pass rusher on the interior instead of him. Bradley is to blame. He is to blame not just for his play-calling, but also the talent he lobbies for. Lynn too.
      On one play of the highlight reel I counted 5 Chargers hit the ball carrier before he went down AND this was long after he gained a lot more yards. Pathetic

Comment

• Lyth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I like yer general thinking there, Jox...maybe not EVERY down, but I'd sure like to see a whole lot more different blitz packages...red dog, safety blitz, stunts, overload, jailbreak...do something, Gus, ANYTHING but the same old "rush 4" and the good 'ole "stinkin' picket fence".....ZZZzzzZZZzzzz...
        Gus just isn't good at the strategy side. I think he's been bailed out by having special players that make him look good. Legion of Boom, whatever stupid name the Jags secondary took up, Jackboys. We're close to special when fully healthy back there. Gus is a floater.

All OC's watch a ton of tape of an opponent. Arians and his crew came up with some plays we just can't cover in our base D. The touchdown to Howard was one. The safety has to choose. White can't cover him. The bane of cover 2 is multiple long routes with not enough pass rush. I'd expect alot of this from payton/Brees. Brees can destroy zone defenses anyway. We're just going to make it easy on him.

If we're going to do the same thing every game, and every play, our opponents are going to continue to eat us alive. It'll just get worse as teams get more tape. OC's must love seeing Bradley on their schedule.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Gus just isn't good at the strategy side. I think he's been bailed out by having special players that make him look good. Legion of Boom, whatever stupid name the Jags secondary took up, Jackboys. We're close to special when fully healthy back there. Gus is a floater.

All OC's watch a ton of tape of an opponent. Arians and his crew came up with some plays we just can't cover in our base D. The touchdown to Howard was one. The safety has to choose. White can't cover him. The bane of cover 2 is multiple long routes with not enough pass rush. I'd expect alot of this from payton/Brees. Brees can destroy zone defenses anyway. We're just going to make it easy on him.

If we're going to do the same thing every game, and every play, our opponents are going to continue to eat us alive. It'll just get worse as teams get more tape. OC's must love seeing Bradley on their schedule.
          Well, if the defense gets toasted again and Lynn blames Herbert for the loss against NO then we have....

dumb.jpg
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lyth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Well, if the defense gets toasted again and Lynn blames Herbert for the loss against NO then we have....

dumb.jpg
            My friend, you're disrespecting a great movie. This is more like Wedding Crashers. Two imposters who act the part, and look like the belong, but we're never on the guest list.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

My friend, you're disrespecting a great movie. This is more like Wedding Crashers. Two imposters who act the part, and look like the belong, but we're never on the guest list.
              Well, you get the spirit of the movie...two guys with logic that defies common sense...didn't mean to disparage a fun movie but if the shoe fits....
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Hell I thought the pic was meant to show Lil twerp Johnny and his useless Pops.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

We don't have the personnel to run the type of defense Bradley is accustomed to..either get those types of players all around or get another DC. Walk right side safe, walk left side safe, walk middle, get squished like grape"- Mr. Miyagi.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

we had the personnel

Derwin would have covered Howard
                    Tranquill would have kept Ronald Jones under 100 yrds
                    Ingram would have gotten pressure on Brady
                    Justin Jones would have kept Dline fresh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                      we had the personnel

Derwin would have covered Howard
                      Tranquill would have kept Ronald Jones under 100 yrds
                      Ingram would have gotten pressure on Brady
                      Justin Jones would have kept Dline fresh
                      It isn't quite that simple but sounds great. Derwin, absolutely...the rest, maybe.... But doubtful with Mel.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It isn't quite that simple but sounds great. Derwin, absolutely...the rest, maybe.... But doubtful with Mel.
                        Agreed. We thought we had the personnel. But assuming James played Sunday, which would have helped, I believe the Bucs offense still would have been too much. Also Bucs were missing Chris Godwin and Leonard Fournette

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Yep the injury excuse only works if your depth is shit.Every team in the league is missing starters.Something has got to change or are we all good with 5 more seasons like this one or last season?

Comment

Working...
                          X