X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Got to go based on perceived mishandling of a QB position? That’s rich.
    Not perceived mishandling, actual mishandling assuming he starts Taylor over a healthy Herbert. If he starts Taylor under those circumstances, he is mishandling the QB position and needs to go. It is really very simple.

I agree with others that have stated that this decision is a potentially career altering one for Lynn. Will he continue to make lame excuses for Taylor's obvious shortcomings and continue to offer lame reasons why Herbert's clearly very good play was somehow not very good?

Why didn't Lynn clarify that the play we all assumed was Herbert's mistake in the red zone was actually Ekeler's mistake? He was quick to point out Herbert's mistakes after all.

Lynn looks very much like a man trying to grasp at straws to stay the course with Tyrod not making a true or fair accounting of what has happened over the first two weeks and with regard to what happened with Tyrod previously for other teams.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Not perceived mishandling, actual mishandling assuming he starts Taylor over a healthy Herbert. If he starts Taylor under those circumstances, he is mishandling the QB position and needs to go. It is really very simple.

I agree with others that have stated that this decision is a potentially career altering one for Lynn. Will he continue to make lame excuses for Taylor's obvious shortcomings and continue to offer lame reasons why Herbert's clearly very good play was somehow not very good?

Why didn't Lynn clarify that the play we all assumed was Herbert's mistake in the red zone was actually Ekeler's mistake? He was quick to point out Herbert's mistakes after all.

Lynn looks very much like a man trying to grasp at straws to stay the course with Tyrod not making a true or fair accounting of what has happened over the first two weeks and with regard to what happened with Tyrod previously for other teams.
      Bolder part is what I said: perceived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Bolder part is what I said: perceived.
        If Herbert is better and does not start, it is actual mishandling and not perceived mishandling.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

If Herbert is better and does not start, it is actual mishandling and not perceived mishandling.
          “If” indeed lol.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Also no idea how Bradley’s defense will do against a Joe Brady offense.
            The Panthers will have a completely new look on offense in 2020, but what does that mean? Let’s look at the film and find out what Joe Brady’s offense has in store for Carolina.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              Also no idea how Bradley’s defense will do against a Joe Brady offense.
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cat...-brady-offense
              Excellent read. Great offensive concept if executed well.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

That's a mighty big "if." Let's at least wait and see if Loyal Lynn starts Tyrod on Sunday...and if he does, and if Tyrod leads us to multiple 3-and-outs/punts, and if we lose a close, winnable game, THEN I'll start up the "Is it time to fire Lynn?" poll...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's a mighty big "if." Let's at least wait and see if Loyal Lynn starts Tyrod on Sunday...and if he does, and if Tyrod leads us to multiple 3-and-outs/punts, and if we lose a close, winnable game, THEN I'll start up the "Is it time to fire Lynn?" poll...
                  Please don’t.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

While my statement was presented in "if, then" form, there really is no "if" to the matter much less a big "if". We have seen over the years what Taylor cannot do and we have already caught a glimpse of the tip of the iceberg of the superior things that Herbert already can do.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Excellent read. Great offensive concept if executed well.
                      I've watched both of the Panthers games, and their execution has not been very good. Their WR corp is weak, and Bridgewater is not in synch with them yet.

It doesn't help that McCaffery is hurt, and they really don't use their other RB much. They use McCaffery is the slot and as another receiver out on the routes a LOT on passing downs. He is one of their best receivers. Given that Moore and Anderson are not all that dynamic, it is going to be hard for them to beat us. This is one of the situations that maybe Lynn was talking about when he suggested that maybe we needed to do more 2 deep coverage, so the 2 deep S can roll up on Anderson and Moore. Without McCaffery, they really don't have that 3rd option in the passing game.

A sizeable part of their passing offense has come from Robbie Anderson making big plays vs blown coverages. He had a 75 yard reception vs Las Vegas, and 39 yards vs TB. Moore had a big play on a blown coverage vs TB. That is something like 25% of the passing yards given up against the panthers this season. If we don't allow them to beat us through coverage breakdowns, there is a good chance we can contain the rest of their passing game.

Mike Davis is the backup RB, and he really hasn't done much since he played for Seattle in 2018. That season he was solid, but not really a game changer. Averaged 112 carries for 514 yards (4.6 yds/carry), plus 34 catches for 214 yards (6.3 yds/catch). Didn't do much in 2019 for Chicago and Carolina (13 carries for 27 yds, 7 catches for 22 yds) . This year was 1 carry for 1 yds, and 8 catches for 94 yards vs TB. He is not a nothing player you can ignore, but I wouldn't sell out to stop him unless he gets hot. They are trying to run the ball, and will mix in run and pass some. But I wouldn't be quacking in my boots either.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

As others have already mentioned:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          As others have already mentioned:
                          You mean there are consequences? No way.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X