• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Kyzir is on pace for for 150 tackles (10+ 3 weeks straight), and has 14 defensive stops. Has been taken advantage of in a few deep route situations.
    Uchenna has 2 sacks, 6 QB hits, and 16 pressures while only playing about 50% of snaps.
    DKing has been the highest graded SCB in the NFL the past 2 weeks.
    Jones isn’t playing due to injury.
    Nasir has been so so while getting his first real NFL snaps.
    Jerry is trash as a run defender and will only be good in a limited role.
    King has been playing well - why did they demote him and is there a future for him here?
    Uchenna is on pace for 6-7 sacks this season: he's a nice complementary player - when i watch him, he generally doesn't get much pressure, but he's always alert (I've missed a few games)
    Kyzir has been a liability in the 4rth quarter...that's not good.
    Jones has been a disappointment
    Tillery has been a disappointment
    Nasir is a rook, he hasn't shot out of the gate.

Collectively, i'm somewhat underwhelmed.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Or Telesco
      Bradley had a rep for finding draft gems in the later rounds; i'm sure he has had a lot of influence in the defensive side of the draft.
      Derwin was a home run (health aside), no one else has consistently told me that this is a guy who will be here for the next 8 years.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

King has been playing well - why did they demote him and is there a future for him here?
        Uchenna is on pace for 6-7 sacks this season: he's a nice complementary player - when i watch him, he generally doesn't get much pressure, but he's always alert (I've missed a few games)

King had a rough 2019 and some personality conflict with staff. No I don’t think we will resign him.
        Nwosu production is directly tied to his snaps. 6-8+ sacks, 20+ QB hits, and 50ish QB pressures is not a bad season.
        Kyzir we disagree on.
        Jones is disappointing in his health.
        Rest I concur.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Thats InvisiMel territory alright. Mel is a gonner if we get the same production from Uchenna. I guess that means Mel has been a complimentary type player,.....to Bosa instead of a ligit pass rush force.
          Trade Him!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats InvisiMel territory alright. Mel is a gonner if we get the same production from Uchenna. I guess that means Mel has been a complimentary type player,.....to Bosa instead of a ligit pass rush force.
            Trade Him!
            @what price would you consider retaining Mel ?? is $11m/year too much for you ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

@what price would you consider retaining Mel ?? is $11m/year too much for you ??
              Not for me if he can play at the same level as the previous years and do it without a grudge against Bosa's paycheck. So it comes down to attitude going forward.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I might consider $10 mil for the first year, $8 mil for second year with playoff incentives, then an out. Unless the Bolts can sign a decent edge rusher or two, the Bolts look impotent without him...and I was one of the ones on the "let Mel go" bandwagon...

Comment

• Biggestfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I might consider $10 mil for the first year, $8 mil for second year with playoff incentives, then an out. Unless the Bolts can sign a decent edge rusher or two, the Bolts look impotent without him...and I was one of the ones on the "let Mel go" bandwagon...
                  They look impotent because this front office failed at getting pass rush depth. Did they sign any pass rushers this offseason?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Yes, too much..I don't want to retain Mel.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We looked impotent with him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

King had a rough 2019 and some personality conflict with staff. No I don’t think we will resign him.
                        Nwosu production is directly tied to his snaps. 6-8+ sacks, 20+ QB hits, and 50ish QB pressures is not a bad season.
                        Kyzir we disagree on.
                        Jones is disappointing in his health.
                        Rest I concur.
                        i think my point is that these guys need to be producing a whole lot better to warrant continuing with Bradley and his style of D.
                        The idea of not changing defenses because these guys might not fit is not a major issue in my opinion.
                        Bradley has not found any day two or middle round gems here.

Bosa, James, Murray will succeed in pretty much any style of defense

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

They look impotent because this front office failed at getting pass rush depth. Did they sign any pass rushers this offseason?
                          Do you count Damion Square? Because he's crap. He doesn't provide any pass rush, and he isn't a threat in one-on-ones against opposing OLs. He's also contributed to why this team has sucked in run defense in all these years he's been with the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X