• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
    Has Alohi Gilman even played a snap other than special teams? I take it hes probably not ready because haven't seen him out there.
    Outside of our first two picks the production from the rest of the draft picks has been anemic. Where are they? Joe Reed, KJ hill? we would have better served by throwing picks at olinemen! LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Outside of our first two picks the production from the rest of the draft picks has been anemic. Where are they? Joe Reed, KJ hill? we would have better served by throwing picks at olinemen! LOL!
      They are day 3 rookies 5 games into the season.
      Take a chill pill.
      Joe Reed should be active for ST if nothing else.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Bradley does a good job with game planning. Usually the team is ready to go, with what the other team wants to do.

But he's not good at adjustments.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

They are day 3 rookies 5 games into the season.
          Take a chill pill.
          Joe Reed should be active for ST if nothing else.
          We have walk-ons that are performing better. How many chill pills do I need to take. LOL!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
            Bradley does a good job with game planning. Usually the team is ready to go, with what the other team wants to do.

this +1

I dont know if its bad adjusments or just bad players that cant adjust.
            I do know when Chargers are healthy (ala 2018) they play great.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

That's like saying, "the Titanic is great at sailing, as long as there aren't any icebergs in the way."

Making adjustments during the game is a key part of coaching. If Bradley can't handle that part of the job, time to throw him under the bus, Gus...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's like saying, "the Titanic is great at sailing, as long as there aren't any icebergs in the way."

Making adjustments during the game is a key part of coaching. If Bradley can't handle that part of the job, time to throw him under the bus, Gus...
                more like people blaming the ship builders for the guys driving the boat

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

more like people blaming the ship builders for the guys driving the boat
                  I remember a documentary about the major shipwrecks and they said that if they had used a different riveting system it might have helped the titanic not to sink. A combination of poor sailing (over confidence) and poor steel engineering contributed to the sinking of the titanic. Now back to football.....

:Beer1:

Comment

• AZBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I have a problem with the lack of takeaways on D......I watch a lot of NFL football and I see a lot of punching and striplping to cause fumbles...... it's obviously being taught and implemented throughout the NFL......Why aren't the Chargers doing this? I rarely see it, that is frustrating......we don't play smart football, turnovers are game changers and produce wins

on the O side, let's stop the over emphasis on running on first down dammit...... we have physical Receivers Allen, Williams and Henry.....we could achieve many short passes for 6-8 yds on first down, then have down and distance in our favor for our half ass running game to convert.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

I remember a documentary about the major shipwrecks and they said that if they had used a different riveting system it might have helped the titanic not to sink. A combination of poor sailing (over confidence) and poor steel engineering contributed to the sinking of the titanic. Now back to football.....

u got me :hello:

Comment

• Biggestfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
                        I have a problem with the lack of takeaways on D......I watch a lot of NFL football and I see a lot of punching and striplping to cause fumbles...... it's obviously being taught and implemented throughout the NFL......Why aren't the Chargers doing this? I rarely see it, that is frustrating......we don't play smart football, turnovers are game changers and produce wins

on the O side, let's stop the over emphasis on running on first down dammit...... we have physical Receivers Allen, Williams and Henry.....we could achieve many short passes for 6-8 yds on first down, then have down and distance in our favor for our half ass running game to convert.

The things you are asking for require solid coaches.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

With the Titanic, it was the failure to extend the bulkheads all the way to the ceiling in the different compartments. The iceberg only damaged one or two compartments, but as the water overflowed over the spaces above each compartment, it caused each successive compartment to flood, causing the ship to sink. To make a football analogy, when you have a failure in just one area, with good coaching, a team can overcome this and still have a winning season. With the Bolts, they have had injuries to key players, especially on defense. If Bradley was able to rotate in players to keep them fresher, have a better conditioning program, use more and varied blitz packages, AND make in-game adjustments, he could overcome at least SOME of the impact of the injuries, and we probably could have won 1-2 more games.

Comment

Working...
                          X