Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I just looked at CLE's depth chart.
      Jedrick (Draft). Conklin (FA). Chubb/Hunt one-two punch @ RB.
      In short order, they have transformed.
      Serious running attack.

Why not us ?
      Because we are the Chargers.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Maybe Lynn can holdout for a pay raise
        Yes, but....what if....the team does better in his absence? Two weeks later they throw in Herbert and we look 100% better on offense. My head might explode. LOL!

:whistlin:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Because we are the Chargers.
          LOL! So true. We like shiny things!

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

How is Feeney doing at center? Queensbury filled in for Pouncey last year and got noticed. Hope Queensbury not just warming the bench this season.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              How is Feeney doing at center? Queensbury filled in for Pouncey last year and got noticed. Hope Queensbury not just warming the bench this season.
              I thought Feeney looked good at center. Lamp looked good at LG too. We'll see how they look vs. Chris Jones. It will be key.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

The lost money really doesn't matter, at least as far as OL goes. There is no FA OL who we could have gotten who was anywhere near as good. And they are not going to use the money to get ahead on the salary cap, not unless they are certain of their revenue, which they can't be. It's lost money, but it just hurts the Spanos bottom line, not the product on the field.

The bigger problem is that Pouncey is still one of the better run blocking C in football. His pass protection is limited these days, but it was never all that great, even in his prime. The best thing he had going for him this season was being able to make the line calls. Rivers has done a lot if not most of the line calls from the QB position, so now going back to the normal division of labor, it puts a lot of additional thinking on either Feeney or Queesenberry.

Feeney was not that great run blocking last week, but he had probably his best game in pass protection. The caveat with that is I didn't think Cinci tried to test him very much. Lamp was good (not great), outside of a couple of breakdowns. Tyree St. Louis was just bad. Both OT played pretty well, although it was obvious Balauga was playing hurt.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Good point about an O-lineman. Run blocking vs. pass protection. With Rivers, pass protection had priority. Not so much now, with Tyrod Taylor. I touted Queensbury on keeping Rivers upright last season. As to his run blocking skills, that didn't matter.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    Good point about an O-lineman. Run blocking vs. pass protection. With Rivers, pass protection had priority. Not so much now, with Tyrod Taylor. I touted Queensbury on keeping Rivers upright last season. As to his run blocking skills, that didn't matter.
                    One would think; but Tevi beat out Barksdale & Feeney beat out Lamp.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I would have brought him back, but on a massively incentive laden contract.
                      yes, thats fine too... that would have worked

everybody knew he was going to need a new hip after he retired - that was reported when he signed three years ago

to me, just bad cap management.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        The lost money really doesn't matter, at least as far as OL goes. There is no FA OL who we could have gotten who was anywhere near as good. And they are not going to use the money to get ahead on the salary cap, not unless they are certain of their revenue, which they can't be. It's lost money, but it just hurts the Spanos bottom line, not the product on the field.

The bigger problem is that Pouncey is still one of the better run blocking C in football. His pass protection is limited these days, but it was never all that great, even in his prime. The best thing he had going for him this season was being able to make the line calls. Rivers has done a lot if not most of the line calls from the QB position, so now going back to the normal division of labor, it puts a lot of additional thinking on either Feeney or Queesenberry.

Feeney was not that great run blocking last week, but he had probably his best game in pass protection. The caveat with that is I didn't think Cinci tried to test him very much. Lamp was good (not great), outside of a couple of breakdowns. Tyree St. Louis was just bad. Both OT played pretty well, although it was obvious Balauga was playing hurt.
                        Yeah, when asked, Lynn said he thought Tyree was ok but didn't say anything negative which is par for the course.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Tyree was in for Trai on a couple of plays late in the game (this week vs KC). One was the 3rd down play that Chris Jones blew up. He is just not in the same caliber as Turner is.

That being said, I would like to see what Campen can do. Again, I stand by my preseason statement, that I think Campen will do good things with our OL, but we have to give him time. The book on Tyree St. Louis is that he is an NFL caliber athlete who has sloppy mechanics. Campen has a history of mixing and matching mechanics to find stuff that works for guys, not just being a scheme/school guy. I think many of the pieces are there, but we need to give them time to stick.

Comment

Working...
                          X