POLL: What Is The Bolts' Main Problem? (+ Post - Week 3 Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yes, but after watching Tyrod survive to fight another day most of the fans watching want to sacrifice themselves to the bear!

:More Q Please:
    I need the translation.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

TLDR

Do you concede that Herbert is much better than Taylor? Yes or no.
      LOL. Guess you missed the statement in a few of my posts that stated Herbert is the much more talented player. There is no debate about it.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I know this take has been getting a lot of love on this site. And I'm not saying I'm in favor of turnovers. I agree that they are a major contributor to losing.

But this idea that our defense is "gassed" because of turnovers doesn't match the reality of this season. We have won the time of possession every single game.

GAME 1: CHARGERS (30:10) BENGALS: (29:50)

GAME 2: CHARGERS (34:46) CHIEFS: (25:14)

GAME 3: CHARGERS (31:12) PANTHERS (28:48)

Our "gassed" defense has been on the field way less than our opponents - especially against the Chiefs.

It's a conditioning issue. Yes, cut down on turnovers, of course. But our D can't use that as an excuse to be winded every game (as compared to the other teams).
        Good point.
        But they are the #4 scoring defense in league so far.
        Chargers have 29th scoring offense.
        So the offense inability to finish drives and score points is a problem and you can not score if you turn it over.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Nothing new to see here. September is preseason for the Bolts. Starting next week the games count.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The Chargers have 8 starters out , thats 3 starters shy of half a football team
            Last edited by Electric Chicken; 09-30-2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Biggestfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I'm confused with key players missing why haven't the Chargers explored any free agents? Or does this blind leadership really believe its own hype that they have good depth

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Not a solid argument. You left out the other part...he also had twice as many TDs.
                So yeah he can have more turnovers and so can Herbert but he better have a bunch more TDs.

And did you notice Alex Smith 2017 26TD 5INT and Mahomes 2019 26TD and 5INT
                same TD and INT numbers.

The point of turnovers is correct.
                It is typically the most impactful. Not the only impactful part of game, All plays matter.
                The TD to INT ratio has to be great. TDs and TURNOVERS matter the most.

If you can throw for 40 plus TDs you can have a few more turnovers and still be ok.
                But you cant turn it over 20plus times either no matter how many TD you throw. Just makes winning consistently way too difficult.
                Smith had a great game manager year crafted by Andy and his stats were stellar. The problem is the don’t-screw-up mode lacks the bold courage to snatch victory by the balls and shove it deep in the vest pocket. Matched against other SB-worthy teams they would fall short.

Mahomes is the opposite - he’s bold and downfield and big. That said, Chargers had him contained far better than any other team they have played in the last 2 yrs - if near half the starting D was not on IR or training room now, they could have been dominant defense to possibly counter.

But they would still need a more aggressive offense. Herbert gives clear advantage over TT to hope for that. Jmo’s.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I just read the last couple pages of this thread and I vote for Critty. Good solid reasoning Critty!
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I just read the last couple pages of this thread and I vote for Critty. Good solid reasoning Critty!
                    I've been forum mates with Critty, aka Critter, on other Chargers forums. His posts are always well-reasoned and come from an informed place. I always pay attention to what he writes, and he has the ability to change my opinion with his educated takes.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Im tired of being eliminated from the playoffs every year by week 4 ,,, we are gonna have to let it all hang out and let it fly ,, got Brady and Breeze gotta win at least 1 or we are done,,, We need both,,, at this point the Chiefs will win the AFC west ,,, Im thinking about a shot at a wild card only ,, keep cheering for the NFC to beat all AFC teams its our only shot

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I concur.
                        Critty has intelligent, well reasoned, and factual posts.
                        Great positive writing style unlike my own.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Me personally I never thought we were gonna make any real post season push this year.With Tierod as QB or especially with a rookie back there.If we do, awesome but it just feels like kind of a transition year from Rivers and possibly the coaching staff.So with this in mind Im actually enjoying the games win or lose just watching our new leader come into his own.

Comment

Working...
                          X