• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I've Said This About Rivers And I'll Say It About Herbert

If you don't have a strong running game this team will not be successful. Riddle me this batman Herbert throws 49 times and has an INT and 2 fumbles one which was recovered by the other team and yet they only run the ball 23 times, 3 of those carries was by Herbert yet they were averaging 5.1 ypc. I'm telling you if Herbert can have a strong running game then we will do well. He doesn't need to pass 50 plus times a game.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
    If you don't have a strong running game this team will not be successful. Riddle me this batman Herbert throws 49 times and has an INT and 2 fumbles one which was recovered by the other team and yet they only run the ball 23 times, 3 of those carries was by Herbert yet they were averaging 5.1 ypc. I'm telling you if Herbert can have a strong running game then we will do well. He doesn't need to pass 50 plus times a game.
    A strong running will help any QB and especially a rookie QB. It's just painful to watch the crap we keep trying week after week. This coaching staff is just not very creative or good.

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

No team will be successful if their QB throws it 50 times a game. The problem is we have injuries on the OL and can't run successfully week in and out.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        No team will be successful if their QB throws it 50 times a game. The problem is we have injuries on the OL and can't run successfully week in and out.
        Good thing the rookie can run a little bit for a big guy and he moves pretty well in the pocket. I like what I’ve seen so far and I hated the pick I was pissed.

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          A strong running will help any QB and especially a rookie QB. It's just painful to watch the crap we keep trying week after week. This coaching staff is just not very creative or good.
          Yeah it would be one thing if they weren't getting any yards at all but the one thing that has been consistent atleast the first two games was a strong running game. I don't how long Justin Jackson is going to be out for but if you have Ekeler, kelly and Justin Jackson healthy all at once that is an impressive trio.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

some more RPOs and designed runs please
            Give Reed that reverse, our big guy Mike Williams saw a spider on the ball or something
            football character matters
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
              Agree with this assessment. The coaching staff seems prone to abandon the running game too easily. Don't know if this is Lynn or Stitch, or both. Whatever happened to the "balance" mantra??? This team makes me sick to my stomach way too often, seemingly so close most games, yet almost always too far.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                Exactly. If theres a chance that we are drafting in the top two then we need to draft Penie Sewell Herbert's Left tackle at Oregon. He will be the best LT taken in a very long time.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

should have kept Bobby Holly (green text)
                  Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Some of it was the injuries on OL. With Turner out, and then losing Bulaga, it would have been a lot to expect an OL who hadn't worked together much to be able to run the ball.

A lot of OC are prone to get out of running the ball. In modern offensive football, coaches seem to be all about using the pass to come up with solutions to tactical problems they face during a game. So, especially when the offense sees stuff or struggles, it almost forces the O to give up on the run.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

would be nice if our 2 free agent OL guys could play
                      we could pay UDFA to sit on the bench
                      just frustrated
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Agree with this assessment. The coaching staff seems prone to abandon the running game too easily. Don't know if this is Lynn or Stitch, or both. Whatever happened to the "balance" mantra??? This team makes me sick to my stomach way too often, seemingly so close most games, yet almost always too far.
                        agree, but we were not running the ball very well....most of the yardage game on one big run by Kelly where he fumbled..... we kept mixing runs with the passes, but the runs were not very successful in 2nd half....even though they had big lead and were defending deep pass.......

last week against KC we were efficient at both run and the pass which kept the KC defense off balance......

Comment

Working...
                        X