Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    The premise that Herbert had to throw so much because the offense couldn't run the ball is false. Ekeler averaged 4.9 yards per carry. Kelley 5.4. Herbert 5.0. When your run game averages more than 5 yards per carry, that is not failing. The reason Herbert had to throw so much is because the Chargers were playing from behind, and that is because of the turnovers.
    We needed to run the ball much more. It didn’t become necessary to chuck it around until middle of the 4thish.
    30+ RA per game minimum needs to be our basement.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
      It's hard to have a running game or passing game with a patchwork O-line. Seems like every year it's like a volleyball rotation. Everyone move over a spot. So freaking annoying. Our 2 FA's can't seem to stay on the field. This next draft it should be something like this.

Round'
      1. WR
      2. Oline
      3. Oline
      4. D line
      5. Oline
      6. Dline
      7. Oline

I would say that we need to draft O-line the first two rounds then bpa after that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

49 throws and only 1 interception by a rookie qb in his 2nd game, battling from behind all day, dealing with a lot of pressure: that's just simply fantastic.

A good chunk of the rushing yards came on the Kelley fumble; it wasn't consistent.

The one lead they got, the D quickly gave it away.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Man I will say this. If Herbert would have scored on that last drive,(99 yards) he would have everyone's attention nationwide. Love Riversl but watching Herbert's lasers being thrown rather than the forever-hanging floaters that PR would throw at times is very very satisfying.

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
            Man I will say this. If Herbert would have scored on that last drive,(99 yards) he would have everyone's attention nationwide. Love Riversl but watching Herbert's lasers being thrown rather than the forever-hanging floaters that PR would throw at times is very very satisfying.
            Think what might have been if they would have started from the there own 20 yard line instead from there own 1 yard line.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We needed to run the ball much more. It didn’t become necessary to chuck it around until middle of the 4thish.
              30+ RA per game minimum needs to be our basement.
              Yes. Herbert threw it a bunch in the 4th because they were down by 2 scores. But the ground game was solid in this game. If not for the turnovers there would have been a lot more RA.

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Think what might have been if they would have started from the there own 20 yard line instead from there own 1 yard line.
                Honestly, I rarely complain about the refs, but they were out to get us in this one.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  49 throws and only 1 interception by a rookie qb in his 2nd game, battling from behind all day, dealing with a lot of pressure: that's just simply fantastic.

A good chunk of the rushing yards came on the Kelley fumble; it wasn't consistent.

The one lead they got, the D quickly gave it away.
                  The run game was solid. Ekeler was averaging 5 ypc. If they had been able to stick to the game plan and continue to run the rock, I think the offense would have worn down the Carolina's defense. But they had to abandon it and play catch up.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I really really believe these Ls are blessings in disguise
                    I don’t think it’ll help Herbert’s development to be celebrating close wins right now
                    early lumps in 2020 is a humbling but necessary experience for Herbert to truly understand what it takes to win.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      I really really believe these Ls are blessings in disguise
                      I don’t think it’ll help Herbert’s development to be celebrating close wins right now
                      early lumps in 2020 is a humbling but necessary experience for Herbert to truly understand what it takes to win.
                      Yes, there is something to be said about dealing with adversity and not becoming discouraged while continuing to improve. Herbert has a tremendous amount of confidence. I am not overly concerned about losing to Carolina. It's a non-conference loss - the best kind. Carolina was hungry, didn't want to go 0-3. Well the Chargers are going to be in Carolina's position in Tampa. A big underdog on the road desperate to avoid dropping to 1-3.

Comment

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                        If you don't have a strong running game this team will not be successful. Riddle me this batman Herbert throws 49 times and has an INT and 2 fumbles one which was recovered by the other team and yet they only run the ball 23 times, 3 of those carries was by Herbert yet they were averaging 5.1 ypc. I'm telling you if Herbert can have a strong running game then we will do well. He doesn't need to pass 50 plus times a game.
                        The 5.1 YPC is misleading. Several of the best runs came in known passing situations, which increased the average. When Herbert passed the ball a lot, the offense worked its best--by far.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The 5.1 YPC is misleading. Several of the best runs came in known passing situations, which increased the average. When Herbert passed the ball a lot, the offense worked its best--by far.
                          It is what it is. Nothing misleading about it. The ground game was working. If they weren't playing from behind most of the game, there would have been a lot more running and less passing. Herbert is going to be more effective the less he has to has to pass and can rely on the ground game.

Comment

Working...
                          X