• Show
Clear All
  • Biggestfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

speaking of his boys
    Maybe Todd Haley wants back in the NFL as OC of a brand-new shinny franchise QB?
    Id love an innovative offensive coordinator to step in. I look at the dynamic offenses of the league and either the HC is an innovator or the offensive coordinators are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

This is garbage. Lynn doesn't want Herbert to fail. Lynn wants to be the Chargers coach indefinitely, ergo, he wants Herbert to succeed...because he knows Herbert is gonna be the Chargers francise guy. But he does feel a sense of loyalty towards Tyrod, as I'm sure a lot of the players do as well, and wants him to at least get his shot...he may have to back off that stance...but to suggest he secretly hopes Herbert fails? Not buying it...
      I agree that he does not want Herbert to fail for the reason that you identified, but his sense of loyalty toward Taylor has skewed his handling of this situation.

After having separate discussions with both Tyrod and Justin, Lynn should announce publicly that Herbert has developed faster than had initially been expected and has played well when called upon in game action. He should say that it is now clear that Justin gives the team the best chance to win at this point and that is why he is playing Justin. He should continue to be supportive of Tyrod and emphasize that he has always been a team player.

Any other approach amounts to mismanaging his players and a coach can and should be fired for mismanaging his players.

I would even go so far as to say that playing Tyrod over Herbert amounts to gross mismanagement of players at the QB position. In case anyone is missing it, Herbert is coming into this week with a QB rating of 102.2, which, although only in a very limited sample size, is very much above average QB play, especially for a rookie in his first three starts.

All 3 of Herbert's starts have been superior to what Taylor did in week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bullshit. Lynn was in on it and aware we were going to draft a QB at #6.

He very well may still want to see if he can win with Tyrod but Herbert is playing too good to sit him. He knows Tyrod can't make some of those throws.
        He also has had praise for Herbert.
        I agree with you about Lynn's motives, but Lynn's view of his QB situation, based upon what he has said and continues to say, even into this week, is skewed.

In his presser yesterday, Lynn raised the issue that people seem to think that he hates Herbert, which he, of course, denied. But what is hilarious in that is that Lynn seems to fail to realize that it is his own unfair handling of the QB situation that has created that perception on the part of people.

Nobody thinks the two QBs are even close and yet Lynn will not announce the obvious course of action that needs to happen. I do not think Lynn hates Herbert, but I do think that he demonstrates a ridiculous bias in favor of Taylor.

I also do not agree with any sort of nonsense about Taylor possibly "losing his job because of an injury". If Lynn makes the right call and puts an end to this nonsense about playing Taylor when he is 100% healthy, it will not be Taylor losing his job due to injury. It will be the much better QB taking the job from him--period. And that is the way it should be at every position.

Comment

• Biggestfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Its simply this, is this a well coached team? Yes or no? If the team is making the same mistakes as always and its the same thing year after year, then the answer is no, this is not a well coached team. Problem is there is still personnel issues which fall primarily on the GM. However, the coach has input I'm sure. The team right now is failing and has been for several years. I'm not seeing why Lynn is appealing to anyone as a head coach. Is there accountability? Does he make adjustments? Is the scheming at all innovative in any way? Does the team look prepared?

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I agree with you about Lynn's motives, but Lynn's view of his QB situation, based upon what he has said and continues to say, even into this week, is skewed.

In his presser yesterday, Lynn raised the issue that people seem to think that he hates Herbert, which he, of course, denied. But what is hilarious in that is that Lynn seems to fail to realize that it is his own unfair handling of the QB situation that has created that perception on the part of people.

Nobody thinks the two QBs are even close and yet Lynn will not announce the obvious course of action that needs to happen. I do not think Lynn hates Herbert, but I do think that he demonstrates a ridiculous bias in favor of Taylor.

I also do not agree with any sort of nonsense about Taylor possibly "losing his job because of an injury". If Lynn makes the right call and puts an end to this nonsense about playing Taylor when he is 100% healthy, it will not be Taylor losing his job due to injury. It will be the much better QB taking the job from him--period. And that is the way it should be at every position.
            Exactly. No one is buying the "cannot lose his job to injury" crap anymore. The injury opened the door for Herbert earlier than anticipated but Taylor is losing his job to a QB that in 3 games and little to no offseason is a better QB by a mile.

Comment

• Colts-17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Chaincrusher says if Tyrod Taylor is put on the field over Justin Herbert it amounts to "gross mismanagement "by Anthony Lynn. Get ready for some gross mismanagement. Lynn has already shown that he's detached from reality. His public statements in favor of Taylor over Herbert already show that he is capable of squeezing Herbert out. He's looking for the excuse to do it, and a loss to the Saints will do it

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

I dont see anything wrong with how Lynn says things.

He just called it out. Said you reporters caught me in a bad mood after the KC loss. I didn't want to compliment anybody.
                Then he went on to say we drafted him 6th. Im tied to him. I love Justin and he knows that. And thats all that matters.

Lynn hates losing.
                Lynn is going to be genuine.
                Lynn only cares about the Win.
                Lynn would never sabotage a player's development or success for any reason.

I honestly think Lynn really wants to see the rookie Win so he can say to Tyrod that We are winning and the kid is improving. I'm not going to mess with the chemistry of the team. Sorry. Then tell the media it is not typical that a player who injured doesn't get the job back. But we also drafted the kid #6 and we are winning and he is improving each week. So we are sticking with Justin even though Tyrod is ready to go.

Lynn trusted his Rookie QB so much last game that he did not kneel at half but instead attempted to get a drive going. Very agressive decison there that Lynn would not make unless he is impressed with Herbert's play. It backfired and Lynn got fairly criticized for it. But it certainly showed a ton of faith in the rookie.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Colts-17 View Post
                  Chaincrusher says if Tyrod Taylor is put on the field over Justin Herbert it amounts to "gross mismanagement "by Anthony Lynn. Get ready for some gross mismanagement. Lynn has already shown that he's detached from reality. His public statements in favor of Taylor over Herbert already show that he is capable of squeezing Herbert out. He's looking for the excuse to do it, and a loss to the Saints will do it
                  :coolstorybro:

Very trollish style you have.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

We call him "Loyal Lynn" for a reason. Lynn was "loyal" to Launchwhiffy, continuing to play him at FS, when we all knew that SS was his natural position. Lynn was "loyal" to Gordon, playing him after his holdout, even when he wasn't ready. Lynn was "loyal" to Butterfingers Benji even after he repeatedly dropped passes and failed to impress on punt returns. And, Lynn will unfortunately and probably be "loyal" to Tyrod, even though Herbie gives us our best chance to win. And this misplaced "loyalty" will most likely be the deciding factor when Lynn finally gets fired...

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

I put this on the chargers.com comment section below the videos today:

Mr. Telesco: Lynn is a good leader of men. Since Lynn talks to Mike Shanahan for advice, why don't we can get a proven strategist involved by hiring the Super Bowl winning (Bill Walsh trained) M. Shanahan to be in on the EARPIECE real time on nfl game days to help Lynn watch out for pitfalls and help him not make dumb mistakes (like okaying a handoff deep on your own end before halftime vs Brady and Arians's Bucs etc...)

Makes sense to me...what do you think ?

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Id love an innovative offensive coordinator to step in. I look at the dynamic offenses of the league and either the HC is an innovator or the offensive coordinators are.
                        Jim Harbaugh and Justin Herbert to me could make a great combo for the next 10 years.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

That is a bold statement. Got to be fair to Anthony Lynn he's old school and in his world you don't win with a rookie QB in their first year too often and he is going to be loyal to Tyrod who deserves the right to step in and keep his starting job, or loose it when he plays poorly. I like Anthony Lynn's position on the matter. Tyrod has got to come out an play well for his coach or changes need to be made. I'm 100% in support for Tyrod and pulling for him to come in and show everyone what's up.

Comment

Working...
                          X