• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I watched 3 different NFL shows today and they were saying on each of them that the Chargers got their QB. They were saying all kinds of good things about Justin.
    Anyone with a functioning brain knows Herbert should be the starter.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Colts-17 View Post
      Everyone who is reading what I write is aware that Anthony Lynn wants Herbert to fail. The success of the young quarterback caught him off guard. He doesn't know what to do about it. His plan is falling apart. He wanted to push Rivers out--- so Tyrod Taylor could be given a place in the sun. Now there is an unexpected competitor. Lynn has to find ways to keep Herbert down. So you will see Tyrod Taylor for the rest of the season, no matter what else happens
      Bullshit. Lynn was in on it and aware we were going to draft a QB at #6.

He very well may still want to see if he can win with Tyrod but Herbert is playing too good to sit him. He knows Tyrod can't make some of those throws.
      He also has had praise for Herbert.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bullshit. Lynn was in on it and aware we were going to draft a QB at #6.

He very well may still want to see if he can win with Tyrod but Herbert is playing too good to sit him. He knows Tyrod can't make some of those throws.
        He also has had praise for Herbert.
        I have no idea whether Lynn wanted Herbert; I don't recall him saying much about it other than the customary platitudes. He didn't hate the idea.
        I do know he really wanted Murray.

Its absurd to suggest that Lynn wants to see Herbert fail. Lynn figured Herbert wasn't ready & he'd have to make the decision next year.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I have no idea whether Lynn wanted Herbert; I don't recall him saying much about it other than the customary platitudes. He didn't hate the idea.
          I do know he really wanted Murray.

Its absurd to suggest that Lynn wants to see Herbert fail. Lynn figured Herbert wasn't ready & he'd have to make the decision next year.
          I dont think Lynn wanted Herbert, but I dont think he wants him to fail either...... (Lynn more likely wanted a runner like Hurts to learn from Taylor..... )

We do have to remember that Lynn spent 2 years obsessed with wanting Cordell Jones to somehow learn how to play QB..... which made sense to no sane person..... along with Lynns current obsession with Taylor (who historically rarely scores TD's) so Lynns view of what is a great QB is seriously in question........ but in fairness to Lynn he is a career RB coach, not a QB coach....

Lynn is old school like marty and his top priorities for his team is to:
          1. Have No turnovers
          2. Use up all 45 seconds of the play clock and Win time of possession which artificially lowers the total score of the game and reduces the need for his offense to actually do anything (which is actually the dumbest, least important factor in winning games)..... keeps wins and losses very close which makes it hard for management to blame or fire the HC....... easy top blame a player or two like Lynn did after the KC game.....

I think Lynn would be in heaven as coach of the ravens where he would have a super strong defense and running game so his inaccurate running QB rarely has to throw the ball till you reach the playoffs where you play good teams that can actually shut down the run, forcing Jackson to pass ....and loses...... like marty, winning against bad teams in regular season is good enough to keep his job....

Lynn threw Herbert under the bus for throwing a pick and losing to KC...... but the next 2 weeks, he actually started being more diplomatic...... either he is learning how much better Herbert is than Taylor ever was,..... or TT had a talk with Lynn and told him to stop promising Taylor will start..... or TT told him as long as the rookie Herbert is starting, Lynn wont lose his job..... lol

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
            Rex Ryan said the team is going to slowly but surely move up, that the injuries hurt us. He said dont fire the coach and keep letting Herbert develop. We all know him and Lynn are boys.
            speaking of his boys
            Maybe Todd Haley wants back in the NFL as OC of a brand-new shinny franchise QB?
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

reminds me of when peoples started dumping on PR, as was in no way anything close to a Philip apologist, as actually didn't really care for his antics and what I called "chirpiness," and couldn't help myself but begin to feel a bit of a soft spot for the ol' man Rivers, and now.... how is it that everyone is dumping buckets on AL ??

agree that am not always impressed/excited w/his personnel overtures, and he obviously was not blowin' warm fuzzies Justin's way after that first presser, and.... dude is doin' some darn good stuff as we!!

our HC is letting things play out.... peoples here who are calling him out for being conservative are flat outta their tree.... dude comes out fireballin' against the man studded Tampa Bay D and has his rookie QB launch a long, long bomb to a first day off the ps beyond rook wide receiver, who just happened to split double coverage and pretty much outrun the Herbert scud.... for a TD that we were all desperately waiting/wanting for, and then he follows that up w/a 50/50 pass to a fresh off the ps outta the XFL, string bean too tall TE, that just happens to help out his QB by outflanking/wrestling the CB for another TD, and then again.... Lynn isn't done and green lights his rook for another TD rocket bomb to Guyton, and that's not enough for you fo!ks.... :O

for the first three games, our HC also had gotten his running game in gear.... we had anted up and paid our scat back superstar RB, and passed over other more ballyhooed talent in the draft for in most parts a relatively unknown UCLA tailback that not many if any were championing to be a go to bellcow back, and.... we've goofed many times prior (MG3 for 10m anyone).... well we pretty good now, w/JJ, Austin and now Joshua.... and know the some of us like Bradwell some as well, and Nabers too.

coach lost MW and didn't bat an eye, and just kept firing live ammunition at whoever he had on his roster.... his Andre Patton 2.0 has delivered a key catch in most every game, Tyron who came outta nowhere to jumpstart this last game, and Parham even made a cameo.... did you forget Dylan Cantrell already, or are you pining for that Kansas State (Dalton Schoen ?) guy that didn't make the ps ??

who thought Tevi could play RT again for us, let alone start @left.... he's got to work w/what team Tommy John serves up/gives him.... Trey Pips for starters as well.... how you like that tackle duo.... is that on AL ?? we signed an intermittently injured RT, and he's come up on the inactive list already.... who knew. and Trai Turner.... just Tommy T.'s luck, biz as usual for the Chargers' Oline....

Forrest and Dan.... tell me you were counting on them for this go 'round.... AL's got no choice.... those are his boys, and for better or worse.

he apparently wanted Murray and badly.... is that working out ?? doesn't seem to be overly fond/excited 'bout the either of King nor Perryman.... how's that working out for him ??

he moved Rayshawn from Free to SS, lost Derwin, and now SupaMel, not to mention his 3T is down as well.

he did retain Mebane for a year or two too long, and now Square on top of that.... are those dealbreakers ??

and will be the first to admit it.... was a Dave Taub guy when the decision went down, and am a David Shaw guy nowadays, and....

don't see Bieniemy or some of the other names mentioned here as anything but a lateral move, if that, as def don't want anything to do w/some of the names volunteered here.

yeah, AL might not see next year on the Chargers' sidelines, but dude is not sittin' down on things and is lettin' this thing play out large and in charge (goin' for it on 4th downs, and not taking a knee to end the half.... all things peoples were yakkin' about in year's past).... if he goes down, he's goin' down swingin'

there's a bigger picture here, and personally am givin' all the power to him.... best of luck Anthony and thank you.

let things fall where they may.... if Tyrod starts, so be it.... if he lets Gus go, so be it.

not gonna agree w/it, just don't think the onslaught is necessarily fair to a guy who maybe sees it his way and not yours.... truly believe he is doing what he feels is best, and suspect he knows a thing or two 'bout things that you and I will never know the first thing about ??
              Last edited by beachcomber; 10-05-2020, 08:33 PM.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

wasn't a fan of Martyball, and wasn't overly excited 'bout the prospect of Tyrod ball either, albeit he does throw a longball, and was doing good things w/MW and Henry, and....

don't think AL was Telesco's call, and pretty sure Herbert was a Telesco telegraph, and from early on....

if it was true that we were willing to draft Tua.... not a fan of that mindset.

am doubtful that Lynn was Telesco's choice for HC, and had the sense that young Spanos was the decision maker on that one.

will not be surprised to see Telesco in the Chargers FO for the next twenty or some years, 'specially if Herbert ascends to the ranks that the most of us have reserved for him already.

if that's the case, and we do finish out the season as we have started, it does make all the sense in the world for Spanos to let Tommy T. make of whom he believes is the next longtime Chargers HC.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Lynn plan was to play the veteran and let the rookie watch.

Lynn stated if the had the entire mini cap and pre season he would play the best QB as starter, making it clear to Tyrod he has to keep his job.

Tyrod got injured and Herbert is making a lot of plays. So Lynn decision could change because of how well JH10 is playing.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Colts-17 View Post
                    Everyone who is reading what I write is aware that Anthony Lynn wants Herbert to fail. The success of the young quarterback caught him off guard. He doesn't know what to do about it. His plan is falling apart. He wanted to push Rivers out--- so Tyrod Taylor could be given a place in the sun. Now there is an unexpected competitor. Lynn has to find ways to keep Herbert down. So you will see Tyrod Taylor for the rest of the season, no matter what else happens
                    Oh hey Mister Hoarse. Why the new account? You trolling us?

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Lynn was waiting for so long (Rivers) to show everyone that his vision of football will work, now he is just a small step from making his dream come truth - that is Herbert good play.
                      Lynn needs Herbert to have bad game or games (fail) to have reason to bench him and start TT in order to show everyone he was right with his low turnover etc approach.

Herbert instant breakout forced Lynn into similar situation coach been at (same as with Rivers) - playing QB that he did not want to play due to his vision of football.

Lynn could accept this situation in the past but I doubt he will do this that time around.

If he will not play TT all his coaching vision will be "what if".

We all know AL will not net another headcoach job in NFL, so question here is what would stop him to have this one last shot to try and force his vision?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                        Lynn was waiting for so long (Rivers) to show everyone that his vision of football will work, now he is just a small step from making his dream come truth - that is Herbert good play.
                        Lynn needs Herbert to have bad game or games (fail) to have reason to bench him and start TT in order to show everyone he was right with his low turnover etc approach.

Herbert instant breakout forced Lynn into similar situation coach been at (same as with Rivers) - playing QB that he did not want to play due to his vision of football.

Lynn could accept this situation in the past but I doubt he will do this that time around.

If he will not play TT all his coaching vision will be "what if".

We all know AL will not net another headcoach job in NFL, so question here is what would stop him to have this one last shot to try and force his vision?
                        been watching over 20 years. I cannot agree with this arguement. coaches need to win to keep their jobs.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

been watching over 20 years. I cannot agree with this arguement. coaches need to win to keep their jobs.
                          Lynn is convinced he will win with TT

Comment

Working...
                          X