• Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Lynn has had one good season and then a bunch of the time his teams have shown they are good at losing in close games.

I think he should probably be gone after the season assuming we don’t start winning. Who knows if we can find better coaches and are we really going to give telesco a third coaching hire?
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• bartman83642
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

I picked the miss the post season option. I really never expected the team to get to the playoffs anyhow. I figure may as well let Lynn ride this out as more than likely you will only get an interim head coach from the current staff anyways and don't see any better options to replace him from that pool. Might as well stick it out and keep some consistency for Herbert's rookie year and hopefully move on to a better coach (not counting on it with this teams ownership) next season.

Comment

• Colts-17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I might be mistaken. Correct me, if I am. Didn't Spanos already agree to add another year to Lynn's contract? I think he's going to be the coach of the Chargers next year, regardless of the bad results he produces.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Colts-17 View Post
          I might be mistaken. Correct me, if I am. Didn't Spanos already agree to add another year to Lynn's contract? I think he's going to be the coach of the Chargers next year, regardless of the bad results he produces.
          that is widely seen as a bonus year the team is willing to eat
          it helps that your HC isn’t a lame duck at any given time
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Lynn is on very, very thin ice, and he probably will get a reprive by management because all of the injuries, but I don't think you can win with Lynn no pun intended. The 2017 season 9-7 which is probably the best he can do, the 2018 was a miricale season 12-4 was decieving were barely coming away with victories we weren't dominate, made playoffs , we just focused on Lamar Jacksons limitations and won, and preceeded to get blasted by New England. The 2019 a lot of close loses and lot of questionable calls with a 5-11 record, Lynn's potential is some where between 9-7 and 5-11 basically looking like a 7-9 coach.

For me his fate is sealed when if decides to put Taylor back in as the starting QB, instead of riding Herbert out, I think the young Herbert will figure it out in clutch time and win us some of the close games inspite of the coaching plunders that we seen and will contiue to see

Personally I seen enough of Lynn, Bradley, and Stiechen, at the end of season they need to clean house, no firing during the season because you would have an iterim coach and we don't need Bradley, or Stiechen at the wheel, they are bad enough in the position of DC and OC.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I don’t want to give up on the season until we’re mathematically eliminated because crazy shit can happen (COVID or injuries to opponents)
              but if we are eliminated, I’m open to an interim if they are more open to playing Herbert than Lynn
              it’s something a Gus or Stitch can put on their resume while they look for HC opportunities elsewhere
              I don’t think Lynn would be motivated to put anything but W on his resume and that might involve playing Tyrod (according to Lynn)
              I also want to use any meaningless games to evaluate our youngins as much as possible
              I can see Stitch being open to that.

phil mcgeoghan?
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

As previous poster has mentioned, you have to look at Lynn's contract situation. If he's signed through 2021, most likely he will be here through 2021.

Spanos is too cheap to pay two coaches at the same time (the fired coach and the new coach).

Normally Spanos lets a coaches contract expire at the end of the season and doesn't renew the contract.

We would have to look at recent history to see what Spanos did with Norv and McCoy. If I remember correctly, their contract expired and wasn't renewed. Then the coaching search started.

Also Lynn can buy himself time by firing Gus. I bet thats why he hasn't fired Gus yet, to do it at the end of the season, thereby buying himself the 2021 season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                  Lynn has had one good season and then a bunch of the time his teams have shown they are good at losing in close games.

I think he should probably be gone after the season assuming we don’t start winning. Who knows if we can find better coaches and are we really going to give telesco a third coaching hire?
                  This is a valid point - Telesco would be 0-2 as a coaching hire.

He has failed at upgrading the OL
                  So far his head coaches are not overwhelming

The only g-damn constant with Tom Telesco is he drafts or signs players from NOtre friggin dame and I over that crap!

Remember though Johnnie Spanos is in the building and he is probably a dips**t!

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                    As previous poster has mentioned, you have to look at Lynn's contract situation. If he's signed through 2021, most likely he will be here through 2021.

Spanos is too cheap to pay two coaches at the same time (the fired coach and the new coach).

Normally Spanos lets a coaches contract expire at the end of the season and doesn't renew the contract.

We would have to look at recent history to see what Spanos did with Norv and McCoy. If I remember correctly, their contract expired and wasn't renewed. Then the coaching search started.

Also Lynn can buy himself time by firing Gus. I bet thats why he hasn't fired Gus yet, to do it at the end of the season, thereby buying himself the 2021 season.
                    Not true - both Norv Turner and McCoy had a year left on their contracts when they were fired.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This is a valid point - Telesco would be 0-2 as a coaching hire.

He has failed at upgrading the OL
                      So far his head coaches are not overwhelming

The only g-damn constant with Tom Telesco is he drafts or signs players from NOtre friggin dame and I over that crap!

Remember though Johnnie Spanos is in the building and he is probably a dips**t!
                      If/when Turner and Bulaga get back, the line play will be substantially better. Not quite ready to proclaim this year a total bust on the line - yet.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

Rex Ryan said the team is going to slowly but surely move up, that the injuries hurt us. He said dont fire the coach and keep letting Herbert develop. We all know him and Lynn are boys.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not true - both Norv Turner and McCoy had a year left on their contracts when they were fired.
                          Its more that Telesco is signed through 2022 and his W-L record as GM pretty much is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                          X