• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Anthony Lynn's own words from back in September: "I got to do a better job of teaching this team how to win."

Sounds like a coaching fail to me.
    So accountability and a no excuses attitude is a now a failing trait. Therefore placing blame and lacking any accountability would be the winning trait......which makes so much sense......all of you blame game fans think your winning.

Good luck with that.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Lynn is pretty much clueless when it comes to the defensive side of the ball. He probably realized a few games back that he's stuck with Gus and it's not working out. He didn't plan on the injuries on the defensive side of the ball and realized Gus couldn't train a mouse to fart!

:More Q Please:
      Does Belichek, Reid or Peyton mess with the other side too much, I think they all stay in their lane and trust their staff.

I would expect Lynn to replace Gus if he felt the need to do it.
      i think he is conflicted. Gus is the same DC that without any healthy LBs put together a game plan to help defend the Ravens in playoffs. Gus is the same DC that is on the sidelines vs the high powered KC team that struggles to score at the same clip they normally do.

I'm sure Lynn is sick and tired of this trend and will do what is necessary. But I think he also doesn't want to be too reactionary.

Its got to be a tough spot. When to pull the plug. How much credit and leeway does Gus deserve for the things that have succeeded with on the defense.
      Lynn knows James and Harris and Bosa healthy and on the field would improve the defense more than a DC change. At least it seems like that would be Lynn's mindset about the DC.

So I get his reluctance to make a move. It's easier to see clearly if James and Bosa and Harris are on the field and these games are being given away by poor defense in 4th quarter. If that was the reality, then I think Gus is already gone. But it isn't reality and Lynn seems to be steady type who doesn't over react to tough times. He works though them. Part of the reason I like the Lynn/Herbert combo is a good match. I think they both know the value of hard work and I think the both have a tendency to stay even keel and not get too high or low with wins or losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
        So........Arians winning seasons are all when he has experienced veteran pro bowl or hall of fame level QBs guiding his team. But when he didn't have that, then he had a losing season. Am I correct?

That Make sense since it is a QB Driven League.

​​​​​​But again....these better coaches have more experienced and all time greats leading the team and somehow Lynn needs to measure up without the same talent and experience level at key positions.

Lynn only has one losing season in his entire HC career when he had a veteran experience pro bowl QB. One time. And they dumped that QB. And now he has a rookie.

Can we see what his record with veteran experience QBs is over time? Or are we not going to delay gratification because we are too impatient to wait for the good times. And instead blow this up and start over.

Oh and by the way Lynn still has just as many playoff wins as Arians, even though he has only been an HC half the amount of time and never had a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Both whom are clearly better then Rivers.
        ​​​​​
        But you know we don't compare apples to apples here at TPB because if we did then we might have to admit Lynn deserves at least one more season before any final verdict on him is decided.
        Both Rivers and Herbert were/are better for Lynn than any QB Arians has ever had (Luck, Palmer, Winston, Brady). Luck had a QB rating of 76.5 in 2012 when Arians had him. Carson Palmer had three seasons with QB ratings in the 80s, although he did have one season with a 104.6 rating (and that team went to the NFCCG). Winston's QB rating last year was 84.3. Brady's rating this year is 96.2.

Lynn's 4 seasons have featured QBs with ratings of 96.0, 105.5, 88.5 and 104.7 (so far). The rookie is easily better than Brady is right now and nearly 30 rating points better than Andrew Luck was in 2012. Carson Palmer versus Rivers is no comparison at all--big advantage Rivers.

The playoff record argument is unimpressive when one looks at what Arians faced. First, he had an overachieving team in way over its head that lost to the ultimate Super Bowl Champions (Baltimore Ravens). Then, he had to play his third string QB in the playoffs and his Cardinals lost (not a huge surprise under those circumstances). Then, after winning in the divisional round (something Lynn has never done), his team lost on the road in the NFCCG to a 15-1 team.

Arians led the Colts to an 11-5 record and to the playoffs (after the team had been 2-14 the season before) with an inconsistent rookie QB. Arians then led the Cardinals, who had been 5-11 the year before to a 10 win non-playoff season while playing in a division that had a 13 win team and a 12 win team. His team then started the next season 9-1, but lost Palmer and only finished 11-5. The next year, they went 13-3. In his final two seasons in Arizona before he retired, Arians went 8-8 and 7-8-1.

He then went to Tampa Bay and improved a 5-11 team to 7-9 despite being stuck with a 30 INT QB. And now his team his 6-3.

If you think Lynn's record is on par with those results, then you are hopeless and it isn't the QBs because Lynn's have been better.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Lynn is pretty much clueless when it comes to the defensive side of the ball. He probably realized a few games back that he's stuck with Gus and it's not working out. He didn't plan on the injuries on the defensive side of the ball and realized Gus couldn't train a mouse to fart!

:More Q Please:
          Have you ever tried to train a mouse to fart? It’s difficult and even more difficult to do it on command.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Have you ever tried to train a mouse to fart? It’s difficult and even more difficult to do it on command.
            Somehow, I was not expecting that discussion.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

So accountability and a no excuses attitude is a now a failing trait. Therefore placing blame and lacking any accountability would be the winning trait......which makes so much sense......all of you blame game fans think your winning.

Good luck with that.
              Accountability is absolutely not a failing trait. But who does he hold accountable? George Stewart? Gus? Whoever he is holding accountable isn't listening.

And this wasn't about accountability anyway - it was about making a comment you can't back up. It makes him look foolish. Foolish, like grinning on the sideline when the game is slipping away. Foolish, like lecturing us that Herbert was a backup for a reason and that Taylor would be the starter when healthy.

We can do better. Much better.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Have you ever seen a mouse that tried to train other to fart? It is difficult and even more difficult as it is not right animal for the job, just have not got it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Good luck with that.
                  Accountability over one failure (2019) is fine and good

Accountability over a 2nd failure is tiresome: one should be held accountable by that point....which is not exactly the golden pass to next year.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Anthony Lynn's own words from back in September: "I got to do a better job of teaching this team how to win."

Sounds like a coaching fail to me.
                    That is what HCs say when they are not happy with results and own the responsibility of the job......they say "need to do a better job"

Belicheks own words from back in September
                    “I have to do a better job. Just not good coaching.”
                    “We had to use our timeouts because there were problems. I got to do a better job. We got to be able to play without using our timeouts.”

Sean Payton own words from back in September
                    “We’re making too many mistakes. We aren’t playing disciplined enough on both sides of the ball. That’s really just the truth.
                    “You’re frustrated as a coach because that starts with us. We have to do a better job."

Andy Reid just last week.
                    "I've got to do a better job of getting our team ready to go"

Sounds like they all owned their coaching fails.
                    Fire them all now!!!!!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

That is what HCs say when they are not happy with results and own the responsibility of the job......they say "need to do a better job"

Belicheks own words from back in September
                      “I have to do a better job. Just not good coaching.”
                      “We had to use our timeouts because there were problems. I got to do a better job. We got to be able to play without using our timeouts.”

Sean Payton own words from back in September
                      “We’re making too many mistakes. We aren’t playing disciplined enough on both sides of the ball. That’s really just the truth.
                      “You’re frustrated as a coach because that starts with us. We have to do a better job."

Andy Reid just last week.
                      "I've got to do a better job of getting our team ready to go"

Sounds like they all owned their coaching fails.
                      Fire them all now!!!!!
                      Why would they be fired? Those guys are all proven, Super Bowl winning coaches. Now contrast that with our coach...

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

Lynn couldn't wait to put Tyrod in for that 2pt conversion. He was probably upset Herbert recovered so quick after the hit. "He's a back up for a reason" Just that alone shows he needs to pack his bags. Not knowing what you have even from training camp, Peace out Lynnsanity.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          Lynn couldn't wait to put Tyrod in for that 2pt conversion. He was probably upset Herbert recovered so quick after the hit. "He's a back up for a reason" Just that alone shows he needs to pack his bags. Not knowing what you have even from training camp, Peace out Lynnsanity.
                          A horrible coach who has an unhealthy obsession with a horrible QB like Tyfraud Failure.

Comment

Working...
                          X