X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

That is what HCs say when they are not happy with results and own the responsibility of the job......they say "need to do a better job"

Belicheks own words from back in September
    “I have to do a better job. Just not good coaching.”
    “We had to use our timeouts because there were problems. I got to do a better job. We got to be able to play without using our timeouts.”

Sean Payton own words from back in September
    “We’re making too many mistakes. We aren’t playing disciplined enough on both sides of the ball. That’s really just the truth.
    “You’re frustrated as a coach because that starts with us. We have to do a better job."

Andy Reid just last week.
    "I've got to do a better job of getting our team ready to go"

Sounds like they all owned their coaching fails.
    Fire them all now!!!!!
    All coaches have had times when their team did not perform well and may have said things like what you have posted.

As with your other examples, there is really no meaningful comparison between the coaches cited and Lynn. Those coaches have earned the reputation of being considered among the best head coaches in the NFL today. Lynn has done nothing to earn such a lofty ranking among NFL head coaches.

So, while Belichick or Payton might get fired if there have been enough losing seasons, they have a much longer head coaching leash than do lesser coaches like Lynn.

Lynn is a first time coach who, after a promising start, has fallen back substantially. He truly is Mike McCoy 2.0--a winning 9-7 non-playoff season, a wild card round winning season, a 5-11 season, and Lynn is even perfectly on pace at 2-6 to duplicate McCoy's other season, a 4-12 season. There is no reason to treat Lynn any differently than McCoy.

Also, this is not the LaDainian Tomlinson Chargers with a failing Drew Brees, a situation that might favor a more run oriented offense and run oriented head coach. This is a team with a mediocre ground game at best and a great rookie QB with a good receiving unit. Lynn's coaching philosphies do not fit what our team does well and his insistence on trying to force what we do not do well demonstrates that he is struggling to adjust what he wants to what is best for the team. And that is not the sign of a good coach.

There are coaches out there that tend toward a more agressive passing style or that would excel in any system. Any of those kinds of coaches are likely to be a better fit for our team than Lynn is. That is just the simple truth of the matter.

We need our 2020 version of an innovative and aggressive offensive head coach just like Fouts had his beginning in the late 1970s with Don Coryell. Mangement needs to recognize what it has and hire a head coach that can take advantage of that.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would they be fired? Those guys are all proven, Super Bowl winning coaches. Now contrast that with our coach...
      And they were all coaching for a few years before they won those SB's! There's a long list of coaches that won the SB but were fired from their first HC job.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

And they were all coaching for a few years before they won those SB's! There's a long list of coaches that won the SB but were fired from their first HC job.
        True, but they were rightfully fired from their first gigs. Their teams did not hold to them for years and years of losing seasons at a time when they were unproven.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would they be fired? Those guys are all proven, Super Bowl winning coaches. Now contrast that with our coach...
          Does he get 20 years like Reid to win that Superbowl?

Does he get 4 years of Drew Brees in his prime and then get a Reggie Bush, and veterans like Vilma, Sharper, Harper and a very healthy o-line all year as well as two health edge rusher all season long. Because Payton had that during that Super bowl run. And does he get to go 15-17 over the previous two seasons before that Superbowl run.

Does he get to have 7 season of experience and also have a losing record 5 out his first 6 seasons as a HC. And then does he get Tom Brady. Because that was how Belicheat started his HC career before the Superbowl win.

Right now Lynn is only 3 and a half season into his HC career with not a very healthy squad at key positions this season and a rookie QB with 7 starts of experience.

Remember, my vote in the poll on this thread is give Lynn all next year with Herbert. And then decide if a change is needed.

Just want to know if he gets to have similar amount of time and resources, talent and health to work towards his goal of earning a championship. Does he get to have ownership front office that stay out of the way, as I think these other coaches don't have owner son scouting and helping pick players.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Does he get 4 years of Drew Brees in his prime and then get a Reggie Bush, and veterans like Vilma, Sharper, Harper and a very healthy o-line all year as well as two health edge rusher all season long. Because Payton had that during that Super bowl run. And does he get to go 15-17 over the previous two seasons before that Superbowl run.

Does he get to have 7 season of experience and also have a losing record 5 out his first 6 seasons as a HC. And then does he get Tom Brady. Because that was how Belicheat started his HC career before the Superbowl win.

Right now Lynn is only 3 and a half season into his HC career with not a very healthy squad at key positions this season and a rookie QB with 7 starts of experience.

Remember, my vote in the poll on this thread is give Lynn all next year with Herbert. And then decide if a change is needed.

Just want to know if he gets to have similar amount of time and resources, talent and health to work towards his goal of earning a championship. Does he get to have ownership front office that stay out of the way, as I think these other coaches don't have owner son scouting and helping pick players.
            Omfg

I know you are delusional but seriously how can you compare Payton or Reid (arguably the most bright off minds of generation) to the leader of man?

Belichick? Seriously? Are you talking about Browns probably the most dysfunctional organisation back then who moved to Baltimor in 95.
            BB needed to build all his FO with talented graduates that have no idea about football.

I hate BB but watched few things about him.

Once you comparing those 3 with Lynn and in multiple of threats you are serious about greatness of our HC I think we have got to the point when I need to ask about your sanity.

Compare 3.5 years of Lynm with

Payton won SB in that 4 season - we will miss PO.

Reid has been trending up having double digits wins in season 2, 3 and 4 - we are trending down and that trend is just bad.

Both of them have shown after 3.5 years that they deserve chances because they doing something right.

At This moment Lynn is nothing more than a high draft pick guaranteed.

Fire Lynn now.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Little different with Low IQ Lynn, he's not a play caller like Sean Payton, or a defensive mind like Bilichick. Lynn is managing the game and getting his team supposedly ready doing a piss poor job. I'm definitely not willing to let Lynn have Herbert for another wasted year. He's a back up for a reason, HB draw to death, prevent defense, He's definitely McCoy 2.0.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Omfg

I know you are delusional but seriously how can you compare Payton or Reid (arguably the most bright off minds of generation) to the leader of man?

Belichick? Seriously? Are you talking about Browns probably the most dysfunctional organisation back then who moved to Baltimor in 95.
                BB needed to build all his FO with talented graduates that have no idea about football.

I hate BB but watched few things about him.

Once you comparing those 3 with Lynn and in multiple of threats you are serious about greatness of our HC I think we have got to the point when I need to ask about your sanity.

Compare 3.5 years of Lynm with

Payton won SB in that 4 season - we will miss PO.

Reid has been trending up having double digits wins in season 2, 3 and 4 - we are trending down and that trend is just bad.

Both of them have shown after 3.5 years that they deserve chances because they doing something right.

At This moment Lynn is nothing more than a high draft pick guaranteed.

Fire Lynn now.
                You took out context and details.
                And completely missed my point.
                No wonder you think I'm delusional.

The devil is in the details. The point about Payton was having a great hall of fame QB Brees in his prime and a very very healthy and talented team that year.

The point about Reid was about how long it took to finally get to the top of the mountain. And again with his greatest QB he ever had in Mahomes to finally do it.

And Belichek about how long it took before he started winning games. And again it didn't happen until he got the Goat of QBs. And by the way that Bill Belichick was also the defacto GM of that Browns team that was the current Ravens organization. The director of player personnel under Belichek was the one of the all time great player evaluator Ozzie Newsome. They had Magini and Shawrtz on the staff. Get out of here with those Art Modell Browns were this horrible organization. The new 1999 expansion Browns were horrible. That old Browns left for more money in Baltimore just like Spanos to LA.

I'm comparing details of resumes. To show Lynn is being asked to measure up to others without the same time and leeway to get it done. Basically he is being held to a higher standard than these Superbowl winning HCs were when they started coaching. Based on the Lynn standard Belichek should have never ever got another job after his Browns job failed to produce results. You think the Spanos know how to build a championship team. How many GMs and HCs before they get to top of mountain.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

How can the offense or defense play calling be Lynn blame. He doesn't call the plays, the OC and DC call the plays. And even then the players on field make call adjustments on the field before the snap to match up and get into a better play vs the opponent.

Its never they went run run on back to back downs because of Lynn. I know someone may claim it happens like that. But it's just flat out made up non sense. Steichen calls the plays and Herbert is already advanced enough to check into other plays or adjust or flip formation. Pep is doing a great job with him. Herbert work ethic and even keel personality will help him be special.

​​​​​​But keep up the it's all Lynn fault narrative if it helps you sleep at night.
                  :stirringshit:

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

You are taking everything out of context and badly try to bend it your way across all the TBP.

The devil is in the details. The point about Payton was having a great hall of fame QB Brees in his prime and a very very healthy and talented team that year.
                    Still he had to make it work.
                    Do not tell me that AL could make advantage of situation...
                    2020 Bolts are very talented team that is simply lacking coaching.

The point about Reid was about how long it took to finally get to the top of the mountain. And again with his greatest QB he ever had in Mahomes to finally do it.
                    Reid was proven top coach in NFL for years before wining SB.
                    Lynn is a proven looser.

And Belichek about how long it took before he started winning games. And again it didn't happen until he got the Goat of QBs. And by the way that Bill Belichick was also the defacto GM of that Browns team that was the current Ravens organization. The director of player personnel under Belichek was the one of the all time great player evaluator Ozzie Newsome. They had Magini and Shawrtz on the staff. Get out of here with those Art Modell Browns were this horrible organization. The new 1999 expansion Browns were horrible. That old Browns left for more money in Baltimore just like Spanos to LA.
                    Newsome, Schwartz and Magini had no previous FO experience and were fresh to bussiness please watch that documentary or at least check their wiki pages.

I'm comparing details of resumes. To show Lynn is being asked to measure up to others without the same time and leeway to get it done. Basically he is being held to a higher standard than these Superbowl winning HCs were when they started coaching. Based on the Lynn standard Belichek should have never ever got another job after his Browns job failed to produce results. You think the Spanos know how to build a championship team. How many GMs and HCs before they get to top of mountain.
                    Again you are making story here.
                    BB was creating something he hired mentioned Schwartz, Magini, Newsome and many others who were hungry and wanted to prove themselves.

Let me tell you who was hired by Lynn - a burnt Stewart that should be fired long time ago, this should put end to this silly discussion.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I dont believe Belichick was th GM of the Browns then. I think it was Micheal Lombardi and after him Ozzie took over.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Right now, the measurement is not whether he can get us to a Super Bowl; at the very least, its whether he can win games against some very bad teams. Cincy - barely; Carolina/Denver - no. Talent wise Carolina is crap btw.

He does not have to win against Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, .....

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont believe Belichick was th GM of the Browns then. I think it was Micheal Lombardi and after him Ozzie took over.
                          Believe what you want.

Belicheat started as HC in 1991 and the GM was Ernie Accorsi who resigned the following year. Bill became defacto GM and couple season later Ozzie Newsome was added as Director of player personnel. So Bill had full control of his Browns team. What he didn't have yet in a QB Driven League was a Tom Brady. Bill's entire football life and legacy changed when he was forced by injury to play Brady. And you know the rest of Bill's cheat filled football story.

Comment

Working...
                          X