Saints 8.5 Point Favorites Over The Chargers (WK 5 Pre-Game Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

:idby:
    Ol start a thread & delete my account guy ...

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ceramic View Post
      Saints will give the chargers a beating. I won't tune in, until 2 min left in the 4th. No point in watching the first half, they may be up 50-0 for all I care. It's how you finish the games and make adjustments.
      TWO THUMBS DOWN
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

JJ needs to produce big time in this game.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          This is a game where our run game needs to take over. We were never going to run well against the Bucs but if we can get our starters back this Saints DL is reeling right now and we are the perfect team to hurt their run defense.
          Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          I will be surprised (pleasantly) if the run game is much of a factor. This game will be won or lost on Herbert's arm. If the Chargers do run the ball well, it will be set up by Herbert burning the Saints' D through the air.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            Agreed, We need the Action Jackson against the Steelers in 2018 version.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I will be surprised (pleasantly) if the run game is much of a factor. This game will be won or lost on Herbert's arm. If the Chargers do run the ball well, it will be set up by Herbert burning the Saints' D through the air.
              agree.... we do not have the personnel to dominate and force the run on anyone...... but we may break off some nice runs in between the passing game.... and our RB's will of course make plays in that passing game as well ...... Herbert is great spreading the ball around....

defense better be ready to stuff run and take away the short passes..... force brees to throw up some pickable deep floaters.... but our safeties better be in position to make plays on those balls.... we have been out of position or played all the deep balls badly so far this season.... Payton has been great at consistently confusing Chargers coverage people into blowing coverages big time..... and their defense usually dominates our bad OL which is why we are never close to beating them......

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Odds are good it'll be a one score game. The winner will be the team that has fewest penalties, wins T/Os, field position.
                NO 27- LAC 24.
                I'd like to believe that we'll play a clean game without shooting ourselves in the foot but games 1 - 4 indicate otherwise.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Another great test vs another playoff caliber team.
                  And likely another game the team is in position to win.
                  Need to execute One key play better.
                  Just 1 single play executed better that avoids the costly turnover will be enough to turn the L into a W.

KC - the do too much Interception when the easy play is a 1st down.

CAR - anyone of the 3 fumbles. Especially the last one.

TB - the fumble before half.

A slight improvement in execution overall that eliminates one costly mistake and this team can begin to stack wins back to back to back, even with a rookie.

The Saints can score avg 30pts per game. But good news for Herbert their D allows 30pts per game.
                  And its their pass defense that is the worst part of their team. So Herbert going 400yd and 4TDs is not out of the question. Talk about an introduction to the nation on Monday night.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

I don't have a good feeling about this game. But that usually means we play well and lose. Whatever that means.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think we come out competing in the first half like we been doing all season, in the 3rd and 4th quarter is where thinks get crazy, from play calling, no pressure on QB, un-timely penalty, turnover, or crazy call by the ref against us. Herbert has to come out ballin and either or both Kelly or JJ get the ground game going becuase that shit they did in Tampa will get us blown out, and we need somebody on defense to have a stand out game and that means you Joey Bosa need minimum 2 sacks from you and somebody in the secondary to get an INT

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

I'm just hoping the defense plays lights-out for the whole game. If they do that, we win.

Comment

• PR#1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I think if we turn the ball over either through int or fumble, our defense needs to get a takeaway as well to keep the turnover differential at zero.

Our young qb could use some takeaways for a change.

Perhaps a Bosa strip sack and fumble ?

Comment

Working...
                          X