• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Good call by Lynn.

The Tyrod fans are going to be disappointed.

Comment

• jox g
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

WOW! Fantastic news! WE need a 16 game (or 15) sample size but a 102.2 QBR in his 1st year!

ONLY 3 other QBs in the history of the NFL have done well (that's ALOT of QB's and ALOT of years.)
      Big Ben, Dan Marino, Cam Newt (98, 96 and 84 QBRs).

Montana, Brees, Elway, Favre, Manning, Rivers, MAHOMES, BRADY (both technically started in year 2), Favre, Rogers (year 4) don't even come close to JUSTIN HERBERT in his 1st year statistically.

What a God send!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I wonder how much players like Bosa coming out and complimenting Herbert publicly played into it - if he has "buy in" from the vets, it's much easier to make a change regardless of what he previously said. Of course, if he wouldn't have proclaimed Taylor starter for life he would have avoided some drama and questions about his sanity.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Now what do the AL haters say to this?.?.?
          His seat is heatin up obviously lol.Think Lil johnny boy and TT had zero input into this decision?

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
            Lets be real... I'm sure this was a Telesco decision. Regardless I'm glad it was made... I think Tyrod is a very capable backup and I'm glad we have him. But the future is Herbert and Herbert has proven he is ready to grow into the position as the #1 on the field.
            What makes you think that? TT said they'd bring him along slowly when they drafted him. Numbers proved NOT to be liars tho. TT brings in players. Coaches play em. Good call on Anthony Lynn's part.

Comment

• jox g
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

102.2 QBR for JH!

While we do need a larger sample size (15 games), ONLY 3 other QBs in the history of the NFL have done well (that's ALOT of QB's and ALOT of years.)
              Big Ben, Dan Marino, Cam Newt (98, 96 and 84 QBRs).

Montana, Brees, Elway, Favre, Manning, Rivers, MAHOMES, BRADY (both technically started in year 2), Favre, Rogers (year 4) don't even come close to JUSTIN HERBERT in his 1st year statistically.

What a God send!

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Well we all know who to thank for this:

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

People can put away their ice picks, chains and assorted objects of mayhem for awhile.

I'm sorry Taylor didn't get a chance.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

His seat is heatin up obviously lol.Think Lil johnny boy and TT had zero input into this decision?
                    Yes, I don’t think TT or John got involved.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yes, I don’t think TT or John got involved.
                      :thumbsup:

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

What makes you think that? TT said they'd bring him along slowly when they drafted him. Numbers proved NOT to be liars tho. TT brings in players. Coaches play em. Good call on Anthony Lynn's part.
                        Tyrod is Lynn's guy... Lynn did nothing but praise Tyrod the entire off season... Tyrod gave us our only win. Lynn has the justification to start Tyrod over Herbert, but he isn't... That leads my opinion to Telesco or Spanos jr. getting involved.

Comment

I am happy that Lynn finally came to his senses, but I think he mismanaged the situation, so the net result is a negative when it comes to evaluating Lynn's overall performance, which is sinking rapidly based upon this issue, his game mismanagement and the lack of recent success.

As I have said before, this is on track to be McCoy 2.0--two winning seasons with one playoff appearance and one playoff win followed by two losing seasons.

In another thread one poster attempted to distinguish by noting that one of Lynn's winning seasons had a better winning percentage, but that is irrelevant to me. The result in 2013 was the same as 2018--one wild card win followed by a divisional round loss.

Similarly, since each coach has already produced a 5-11 season, I will not care if this season is 4-12 or worse, 5-11, 6-10 or 7-9 even if that means that Lynn ends with a better winning percentage than McCoy. It is not the winning percentage, but the general direction of the team that matters--consecutive losing seasons. If someone wants to say that 7-9 is an improvement from last year, then so was 5-11 over 4-12 for McCoy. We are still talking about coaches who took winning teams and made them losing teams in two consecutive seasons.

And there is little doubt that Lynn had much more talent to work with than McCoy when Lynn took over.

Comment

Working...
                          X