• Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
    This tells me 2 things...
    1. Upper management made the call or pressure Lynn
    2. They don't want to fire Lynn if it can be at all avoided
    I’m going to disagree with the first part. As for the second, he needs to have a better record than last year. Unless the plan was for this to be a learning year regardless of record and get a premium pick in the draft which I highly doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

HC decides who plays.
      That is not to say AL, TT, JS don’t communicate. Perhaps he got a guarantee for next season regardless of this season record. Now he has time to develop Herbert as the starter to prep for 2021.
      AL has now seen a 3 game sample and Justin has shown out exceptionally well. Tyrod may not be fully healthy for a few more weeks. After this week our scheduled opponents are lackluster for a few weeks. We can win those games.
      A guarantee would only be needed if Lynn were going to stay with a worse QB that has the potential to develop into the better QB, possibly sacrificing wins this season in that scenario. Here, Herbert is already the better QB and the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. While we all wish Tyrod well from a health standpoint, his health is irrelevant to the issue of who the starting QB should be.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m going to disagree with the first part. As for the second, he needs to have a better record than last year. Unless the plan was for this to be a learning year regardless of record and get a premium pick in the draft which I highly doubt.
        Lynn cannot pull Healthy players out of his back pocket! I think the second half of the season will play a more determinant role than the first half. I would think 8-8 and the team looking better by the end of the year is a minimum.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I don’t get the criticism for SS other than points scored.
          His play calling has produced a 400 YPG offense. We have produced big chunk plays, 22 first downs per game, solid running game (less the Bucs game), and 2 50+ yard TDs. We need Turner, Bulaga, Ekeler, and MikeDub to get healthy to see what we can really do.
          I am fine with his play calling too. Of the three leading coaches (HC, OC, DC), Steichen is the one that I think has done the best job.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Lynn cannot pull Healthy players out of his back pocket! I think the second half of the season will play a more determinant role than the first half. I would think 8-8 and the team looking better by the end of the year is a minimum.
            You can also say that outside of KC, we’re lucky to only lose to NFC opponents.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am fine with his play calling too. Of the three leading coaches (HC, OC, DC), Steichen is the one that I think has done the best job.
              I agree...... The offense is also the most diverse I have seen it in a very long time. He has involved many of our players instead of just using our starting 4-5 skill players......
              spreading ball around with a variety of passes, runs, and personnel keeps defenses off balance.....

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think it was more like "Don't worry about your job, worry about getting the QB ready for next season," If you happen to sneak into the playoffs this year all the better!
                Oh crap - way to kill my buzz.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree...... The offense is also the most diverse I have seen it in a very long time. He has involved many of our players instead of just using our starting 4-5 skill players......
                  spreading ball around with a variety of passes, runs, and personnel keeps defenses off balance.....
                  Holy shit....sign of the apocalypse....Ninja, Lone Bolt, Charge!, and chaincrusher...all on the same page!!

Offensive play calling has been pretty good, with a few situational head scratchers...but overall good. Sadly, our vaunted but knicked up defense has kept us from a much better record so far...are the late collapses to KC and Bucs on conditioning, playcalling, or both? Hoping some of these subs can start playing better.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Oh crap - way to kill my buzz.
                    Just being a brutal realist! I'm sure that after Lynn started to evaluate numerous opinions and looking at the game situations it wasn't a huge arm twisting!

:cheers:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Just catching up on the great news after a hard day of work
                      congrats Herbert, you wrestled that job away fair and square.
                      sorry Tyrod, you’re a pro and solid dude and deserve a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere.
                      might I suggest Chicago or Philly?
                      maybe Indy, I hear the starter there is long in the tooth!

jk guys sheesh!!

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        We are officially in the Justin Herbert era now. Only question is how long it lasts.
                        Don’t sleep on Stick...

no, nevermind, sleep away, sweet dreams.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Ok get him on the Banner Fleet!!!! :More Q Please:

Comment

Working...