• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Tyrod is Lynn's guy... Lynn did nothing but praise Tyrod the entire off season... Tyrod gave us our only win. Lynn has the justification to start Tyrod over Herbert, but he isn't... That leads my opinion to Telesco or Spanos jr. getting involved.
    Given their history, there’s no really no precedent for either TT or John to be involved. It would seriously undermine Lynn and he’s not one to mince words if he was forced to do something. Lynn obviously cares about Tyrod. And he obviously wants make sure Herbert is ready. But I think in the end Herbert won him over despite his late mistakes. Luckily those are called rookie mistakes.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Now what do the AL haters say to this?.?.?
      Lynn must have had his V8 moment! You mean Herbie is doing better than Joe Burrow? It's now safe to proceed with the Rookie!

:coffee:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

We are officially in the Justin Herbert era now. Only question is how long it lasts.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
          I am happy that Lynn finally came to his senses, but I think he mismanaged the situation, so the net result is a negative when it comes to evaluating Lynn's overall performance, which is sinking rapidly based upon this issue, his game mismanagement and the lack of recent success.

As I have said before, this is on track to be McCoy 2.0--two winning seasons with one playoff appearance and one playoff win followed by two losing seasons.

In another thread one poster attempted to distinguish by noting that one of Lynn's winning seasons had a better winning percentage, but that is irrelevant to me. The result in 2013 was the same as 2018--one wild card win followed by a divisional round loss.

Similarly, since each coach has already produced a 5-11 season, I will not care if this season is 4-12 or worse, 5-11, 6-10 or 7-9 even if that means that Lynn ends with a better winning percentage than McCoy. It is not the winning percentage, but the general direction of the team that matters--consecutive losing seasons. If someone wants to say that 7-9 is an improvement from last year, then so was 5-11 over 4-12 for McCoy. We are still talking about coaches who took winning teams and made them losing teams in two consecutive seasons.

And there is little doubt that Lynn had much more talent to work with than McCoy when Lynn took over.
          The difference is Lynn was never a coordinator... Our winning seasons came under Whisenhunt calling the plays. PR's play last year IMHO showed that it was likely a PR problem and not a Whisenhunt problem. Fast forward to this season with no Whisenhunt and an inexperienced Steichen plus the usual injury bug... Poor playcalling from Steichen, poor defensive adjustment from Bradley, and poor game management overall by Lynn has got us to where we are now.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Key word being instrumental;

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              I don't really care how we do this season...it's gonna be fun watching the kid grow...this organization has some work to do, but by far the hardest thing to replace is a HOF QB...and we may have done it on the first try...

I'm surrounded by Bears fans who are JEALOUS!!:lmao:
              Tin Cup experience! "What do you mean your going to play for a Lag next to the cup. I know I can make this shot!" Then the audience proceeded to enjoy the folly of him making multiple shot's until he sinks that Shot! But in this case maybe Herbert makes it in two shots!

:cheers:

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                We are officially in the Justin Herbert era now. Only question is how long it lasts.
                Until he gets injured or gets Covid?

:thumbsup:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  I don't really care how we do this season...it's gonna be fun watching the kid grow...this organization has some work to do, but by far the hardest thing to replace is a HOF QB...and we may have done it on the first try...

I'm surrounded by Bears fans who are JEALOUS!!:lmao:
                  I concur.
                  With the injuries, breaking in a rook QB/MLB/RB, and having typical Charger luck this year is a training season.
                  We need another solid offseason in 2021. If we bomb this season in the W/L column it bolsters our draft spot to acquire one of the 2 top OTs (Sewell/Little), top CB (Farley), or top OC (Humphrey). We’re going to have 4 picks in the top 100. Lots of talent can be on boarded.
                  There are some serious decisions to be made in regards to contracts for our pending UFAs.
                  If 2021 can finally be a fairly healthy season, we should be setup to make a run at the division title and a playoff run.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

If I hear Lynn say Mahomo sat on the bench and learned for a year one more time, he brought it up again at the press conference. Not the same when your coach is Andy Reid and he had Alex Smith to learn from instead of a glorified backup.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                      WOW! Fantastic news! WE need a 16 game (or 15) sample size but a 102.2 QBR in his 1st year!

ONLY 3 other QBs in the history of the NFL have done well (that's ALOT of QB's and ALOT of years.)
                      Big Ben, Dan Marino, Cam Newt (98, 96 and 84 QBRs).

Montana, Brees, Elway, Favre, Manning, Rivers, MAHOMES, BRADY (both technically started in year 2), Favre, Rogers (year 4) don't even come close to JUSTIN HERBERT in his 1st year statistically.

What a God send!
                      Dont get too ahead of yourself. Justin still has 12 more games to complete his rookie season but off to a tremendous start.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

His seat is heatin up obviously lol.Think Lil johnny boy and TT had zero input into this decision?
                        HC decides who plays.
                        That is not to say AL, TT, JS don’t communicate. Perhaps he got a guarantee for next season regardless of this season record. Now he has time to develop Herbert as the starter to prep for 2021.
                        AL has now seen a 3 game sample and Justin has shown out exceptionally well. Tyrod may not be fully healthy for a few more weeks. After this week our scheduled opponents are lackluster for a few weeks. We can win those games.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

This tells me 2 things...
                          1. Upper management made the call or pressure Lynn
                          2. They don't want to fire Lynn if it can be at all avoided

Comment

Working...
                          X