X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

when you start a post by acknowledging that you didn’t use a specific term like “bad throw” it makes any throw-away line like “I stand corrected” vulnerable to misinterpretation, as if that was my specific point.
    it doesn’t matter that you called it a bad-throw before the post you’re referencing because that wasn’t MY point
    its a diversion to get the best of both worlds
    frankly I think it was done intentionally to save face.
    you get to “own something” while not being specific
    although ironically you’re specific about everything else.
    and now this poor attempt to call me out because YOU were unclear is simply cowardly.
    as a bonus, here’s something I bet most won’t bother to help you with but am personally motivated in hopes that you modify your ingenuous style of communication
    Your attempts at complex sentence structure is a tactic to make your opinions appear as facts and now, to avoid any kind of responsibility. although you think it’s helping your arguments, it’s actually just exposing unexplored biases, namely towards Rivers, not to mention deterring posters who have better things to do than break down said word vomit you tend to spew.
    Not to speak for everyone else but I doubt anyone is impressed by your schtick, and I know that matters to you.
    You made a specific point that I did not state that the pick-6 was a bad throw in earlier posts as I thought I had. Hell, you even went so far as to quote at once multiple posts I had made in the thread to drive that point home (post #103). I went back and checked that and agreed with you that I was mistaken. While it was clear that I had implied it in one of the posts, I did not in fact state it. I readily acknowledged that error and concluded by stating that as to your point--the one that you emphasized by quoting multiple posts I had made--I stand corrected.

Rather than being some sort of general statement, it was very specific and the error was fully owned by me. My statement on that point was very clear.

At that point, I would have thought you would have banked your "gotcha" moment fully acknowledged by me and moved on, but that is not what you did.

Instead, you responded with some utter nonsense about me backpedaling when I did nothing of the sort and in fact had stated that as to your point, I stand corrected.

I was perfectly prepared to eat that until your inappropriate response to my readily acknowledged error. But since you incorrectly stated that I was backpedaling, which was just as erroneous as any factual error I had made (in case you missed that), I pointed out your error. Perhaps, in retrospect, it might have been better for you to have kneeled on the ball at that point instead of fumbling a handoff (see Pisarcik, Joe (1978) or Chargers versus Bucs (2020)).

Also, it is worth noting that the point you were so quick to point out (in your post #103) that I did not actually state in earlier posts, I did state expressly at posts #96 and #98. So, when you first made your post that went so far out of the way to throw a penalty flag about a factual error in my post, I had already clearly stated that the pick-6 was a bad throw twice, even calling it "horrible" in post #98.

You knew there was no disagreement about the football issue, but you called out the error just for the sake of calling out the error and even made such a stink over doing it as to call it a "PSA". So, I am truly sorry that your PSA has now backfired on you, but I give you full props concerning your ability to create a multiple post running exchange out of a mistake I had made and readily acknowledged making concerning whether or not I had said something previously or not that nobody on this planet was disputing.

As a suggestion, why don't we move on to other football issues?

Comment

So throwing early was a good decision?
      Do you think Rivers was shocked that the result was a S?
      the best decision was to move anywhere other that left where the ONLY pressure was coming from
      hindsight yes, but for Rivers it should have been the immediate plan
      ”If the receiver is no where near where he is supposed to be, I can’t throw this away, I need to find space “
      so that’s on him 100 percent
      1. Throwing the ball early was the only way to avoid a sack, which would have been a safety anyway. As it was, the pressure was close enough already to affect the throw. I do not agree at all with your characterization of the state of the pass rush. The pocket was collapsing. By the time he had moved up, he would have been engulfed in the end zone. By the time he had moved to the right, the pressure from that side would have moved to his level. Consistent with the entire game, the pass rush was there early and often, particularly from Rivers' blind side, which featured their substitute LT, Clark, against this year's current leading DPOY candidate, Garrett.

2. Rivers was clearly shocked by the safety call. You could hear Rivers telling the ref specifically who the intended receiver was and what route he was running.

3. There is no doubt that Rivers was throwing the ball away to avoid a loss as QBs do many times every weekend, but there is equally no doubt that he had a receiver that was clearly running an outbreaking route.

4. I think it was pretty clear who Rivers was throwing to on the play, but I acknoeldge that due to the pass rush the ball was very underthrown based upon the angle the TE was taking to the sideline. It was not as if Rivers just dumped the ball off to nobody. His throw appeared to travel from the deep end zone past the first down marker on the sideline, again, maybe as much as 15 yards short of where the TE appeared to be running. But it is not as if anyone has to guess who the intended receiver is.

5. I think the rule as written could justify the call, but the rule as enforced usually produces a different result in kind of the same way that ticky tack hand fighting by CBs is usually not called pass interference, but it could be called that way based upon the written rules. Usually, the QB is given considerable leeway on grounding calls, especially where there is a pretty clear target of the pass as in this case there was.

Comment

I’m saying you’re reaching
        I mean theoretically, every throw-away is in the direction of a target unless it’s thrown directly behind a qb
        its a matter of differing perspectives perhaps but imo your glaring bias towards Rivers is clearly affecting your otherwise sound judgment
        I have seen QBs routinely given a considerable margin for error on these kinds of passes. What I see is a forced early throw that lacks power beacuse Rivers was not in a position to put enough force on the ball to throw the deep out his TE is running. The throw comes up as much as 15 yards short and gets there before the receiver completes his route, but we can clearly see on the replay where the TE is running. I think it is pretty obvious that he is attempting to throw to the outbreaking TE. When we can tell who the intended target is, that suggests that intentional grounding may not be the best call.

Intentional grounding passes are usually little short passes thrown away to nobody. This pass was a sideline pass from deep in the end zone that appears to make it past the 13 yard line (the location of the first down marker). So this pass traveled some distance both vertically and horizontally, which is different than the typical intentional grounding pass as well.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Marveling at the time Tannehill and Allen have to throw the ball.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Laser by Allen
            Herbert is on par
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

You made a specific point that I did not state that the pick-6 was a bad throw in earlier posts as I thought I had. Hell, you even went so far as to quote at once multiple posts I had made in the thread to drive that point home (post #103). I went back and checked that and agreed with you that I was mistaken. While it was clear that I had implied it in one of the posts, I did not in fact state it. I readily acknowledged that error and concluded by stating that as to your point--the one that you emphasized by quoting multiple posts I had made--I stand corrected.

Rather than being some sort of general statement, it was very specific and the error was fully owned by me. My statement on that point was very clear.

At that point, I would have thought you would have banked your "gotcha" moment fully acknowledged by me and moved on, but that is not what you did.

Instead, you responded with some utter nonsense about me backpedaling when I did nothing of the sort and in fact had stated that as to your point, I stand corrected.

I was perfectly prepared to eat that until your inappropriate response to my readily acknowledged error. But since you incorrectly stated that I was backpedaling, which was just as erroneous as any factual error I had made (in case you missed that), I pointed out your error. Perhaps, in retrospect, it might have been better for you to have kneeled on the ball at that point instead of fumbling a handoff (see Pisarcik, Joe (1978) or Chargers versus Bucs (2020)).

Also, it is worth noting that the point you were so quick to point out (in your post #103) that I did not actually state in earlier posts, I did state expressly at posts #96 and #98. So, when you first made your post that went so far out of the way to throw a penalty flag about a factual error in my post, I had already clearly stated that the pick-6 was a bad throw twice, even calling it "horrible" in post #98.

You knew there was no disagreement about the football issue, but you called out the error just for the sake of calling out the error and even made such a stink over doing it as to call it a "PSA". So, I am truly sorry that your PSA has now backfired on you, but I give you full props concerning your ability to create a multiple post running exchange out of a mistake I had made and readily acknowledged making concerning whether or not I had said something previously or not that nobody on this planet was disputing.

As a suggestion, why don't we move on to other football issues?
              No offense, but I skipped down to here and found something I could agree with.
              cheers.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Laser by Allen
                Herbert is on par
                Hec I think Herbert has more touch already than Allen. That dude rifles the ball every time and he don't set his feet on some when he throws.

Seen many passes he has thrown with his hips wide open and don't step into his throw.
                Maybe that is because if he did, he might throw it right through his WR lol.

And he has 6-7 seconds at times to throw the ball tonight.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

this was a close game 10 minutes ago
                  Tennessee stepping on throats

something i've come to appreciate more lately....
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Titans really seemed to benefit from their Covid outbreak. League bent over backwards to accommodate them

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Titans really seemed to benefit from their Covid outbreak. League bent over backwards to accommodate them
                      I turned into an extended bye week and period of rest for them. They look they more energy than the Bills.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Herb > Josh Allen
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I turned into an extended bye week and period of rest for them. They look they more energy than the Bills.
                          We should have used that strategy
                          Lynns fault
                          jk
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X