LAC @ New Orleans Saints Game Day and Post Game Thread (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I guess I saw something different about last nights game than most of you. Maybe it's just a different way of looking at it but here's what I saw.

I saw a team that's badly depleted by injuries that almost pulled off a big upset. On offense our team played without their two best play makers - Ekeler and Allen. Playing without their starting RG and RT - and they put up 27 points! Gees, with a kicker than was making his kicks it would have been 31 points and a win.

On defense they gave the potent Saints all they could stand, again with some key players missing or hobbled

I even think that was a great job of coaching - who would have thought we'd do that well with all those important members missing!

On top of all that we have a sensational QB. Look at all the teams that do not have a franchise QB - and guess what - we aren't one of them.

This cup is not half empty, it's half full!
    Good points. Yay.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And don't assume we will draft a OT. That's what we want but it doesn't mean that's what they will do.
      Besides Fluker, which was a bad pick in the first round....when is the last time we drafted a top OT?

I mean, they could and should but I don't have that faith.
      Besides Fluker, who was a bust at OT, you would have to go ALL the way back to...drum roll, please...
      ...1985!!!

lachey 2.JPG

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Reality is it was a 50 and he missed it.

I am seeing the negative and low info posts. Its what made CMB a forum i didnt want to go to.

However, you cant justify a miss by saying had it been 2 yards longer.......my point is that Badgley hit the upright, so it was close; nothing more--nothing less.
        That is not discribing correctly what happened.
        Yes, Badgley blew it.

I am just right now very disgusted with this team losing the same ways with different players.
        Yes we have our next franchise QB but the end result is the same. Defense caves, missed FG, defense cant hold offense dont respond. Blew two big leads.

Did you know when Brees when down by 17 in the second half his record was 1-48 ....before that comeback? Now he is 2-48. I heard that on the radio today. Probably both against us.

Rinse, repeat for mostly 40 years now.
        I so badly want Spanos to sell this team!
        Spanos will never sell. In season, we must hang in there...always. It is how a team experiences growth and gets better.

So, earlier in his Chargers coaching tenure, Lynn seemed to have overcome the curse. Now it's regression. Anthony's mind frankly seems to be in Africa, rather than tending to the details of prepping his team to win. Was this shit supposed to have been working with Tyrod ?

TPB posters and their non stop whining, pointing out that this has happened before, and guess what, we need to improve the offensive line. This will not improve our plight.
        ​​​​​
        As a fan base, we ought to admit our record is 1-4, and vow to play better. That is the mature thing to do. It is what will bring the best possible results.

It is downright comical to read posts from Charger fans one half and one third my age try to tell me how bad it has been for oh so long. At my first Charger game, the 1965 AFL Championship Game at Balboa Park, I saw LIVE and in person, a fail that is all too familiar, vis-a-vis yesterday.

Other posters--every damn one of you--either you have been a fan longer than I have, and were therefore on board for the '63 Championship, or you have simply not been as miserable as I have for as long as I have.

Celebrate Justin Herbert.
        Three weeks in a row.
        This man, in his first three NFL starts,
        has led us to fourth quarter leads vs ...
        Mahomes.
        Brady.
        Brees.

Man Up.
        Bolt Up.
        You punks.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Let’s have fun with Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert while it lasts, because the play under pressure and incredible deep balls are majestic to watch, but we should pump the brakes a bit after looking through the overall body of work.

ESPN Stats and Info tweeted perspective on how the Chargers continue to find ways to lose. They are the fifth team in NFL history to blow 17-point leads in back-to-back games. Four teams have overcome 17-point deficits on Monday Night Football since 2010, and three of the comebacks have been against the Chargers.

Ouch.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-justin-...geles-chargers

ESPN Stats and Info tweeted perspective on how the Chargers continue to find ways to lose. They are the fifth team in NFL history to blow 17-point leads in back-to-back games. Four teams have overcome 17-point deficits on Monday Night Football since 2010, and three of the comebacks have been against the Chargers.

Ouch.
            That’s Charger’s ball.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s Charger’s ball.
              Chargering!

:More Q Please:

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Besides Fluker, who was a bust at OT, you would have to go ALL the way back to...drum roll, please...
                ...1985!!!

lachey 2.JPG
                Jim Lachey had a good career...for Washington.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

There is not a fan of this team who does not understand where we are right now.

The questions are in how we deal with it.

Monday mourning is almost over.

Now what are we gonna do ?

Magical fixes ? LOL.

Do you think we should draft an Olineman ? That's April '21.

It's Tuesday of a bye week...have another cupcake.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

what happens first.... we get ourselves an Oline/ front 7 or we move back to Diego ??

ps. all of the above need to happen.... (worked for the Rams didn't it ?)
                    ​​​​
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Yes...except rivers is about immobile as a wounded baby giraffe stuck in knee-high mud.
                      Sdc ?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        There is not a fan of this team who does not understand where we are right now.

The questions are in how we deal with it.

Monday mourning is almost over.

Now what are we gonna do ?

Magical fixes ? LOL.

Do you think we should draft an Olineman ? That's April '21.

It's Tuesday of a bye week...have another cupcake.
                        What are we going to do? Limp through another 11 games. We'll get some players back and win a couple of games against the easy part of our schedule, getting everyone's hopes up only to be dashed in true Charger fashion down the stretch against the better teams and wonder how we lost those close games and how even more players are hurt.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

what was our record again after getting Derwin back last season ??
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X