• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We know TT loves ND.
    He does. That video after the draft when his daughter was reading questions from fans and and one was why he always drafts players from Norte Dame really made me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    The Pats like many teams have missed on many picks like we have but if he is the GM and has 6 rings, I'd say he is doing pretty good. Brady isn't doing it all.
    He has always had pretty decent OLs, much better than ours, has found capable RBs. WRs have been weak lately but he has had good ones too.
    And he has had some good defenses and his forte is a defensive coach.

I mean, he isn't near as bad as Jerry Jones.
    Belichick has been good at accumulating extra picks, something we suck at.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-12-2020, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Just a thought but how much is Telesco getting paid?
    Paying top dollar for Belicheat makes sense if you’re giving him GM salary too.
    I wouldn’t want to go this route because BB has proven to be a horrid GM, like astoundingly bad.
    can find a practice squad guy and make him a pro bowlers but can’t pick a first rounder to do shit
    Just weird
    but the money argument would work if they replaced both Lynn AND telesco with Bill
    With Herbert already in place, id be more optimistic about Bill but would hate to see wasted pick over wasted pick

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    If the Bolts do part ways with AL which I don’t think is the current organizational plan.
    I know he just signed a contract extension at ND but what about Brian Kelly?
    Charger’s Organization has deep ties to the university and coach.
    Kelly has been a winner at every coaching opportunity with an undefeated season at UC and a BCSG appearance/loss vs Bama.
    I just posted about this before reading your post because my buddy texted me his team (ND) beat Clemson
    kind of a joke because I realized they didn’t have Lawrence
    but the connection is there, it would be Telesco’s wet dream
    idk if BK would make a great NFL coach but he’s a damn good college guy

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    If the Bolts do part ways with AL which I don’t think is the current organizational plan.
    Kelly has been a winner at every coaching opportunity with an undefeated season at UC and a BCSG appearance/loss vs Bama.
    We know TT loves ND.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Belichick makes 12.5 million at New England. Spano's would have to be hypnotized to consider spending that or anywhere near that for Bill. Would Spanos even spend 7-8 mil on him? Would Belichick accept 7-8 mil?

Find a good hypnotist.
    Pay him $10m and give him a small piece of the team. How would you feel going into 2021 with Belichick vs how you would feel with Lynn or some other unproven guy. If Belichick wants to leave, do whatever you have to do to get him

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Classic
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Belichick makes 12.5 million at New England. Spano's would have to be hypnotized to consider spending that or anywhere near that for Bill. Would Spanos even spend 7-8 mil on him? Would Belichick accept 7-8 mil?

Find a good hypnotist.
    I don't understand the Spanos at all. If the best HC ever wants to work for your team, you do whatever it takes to sign him. Why would money matter? Especially considering that if he coaches as well as he is known he'd make that money and more back for you with all the playoffs game Sofi would be hosting.

Just odd that they would let Ego get in the way of success.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    We didn’t get Brady. Maybe Belichick?

https://twitter.com/kiwi_filmmaker/s...875010050?s=21

Find a good hypnotist.

Leave a comment:

• Jagged
    replied

https://twitter.com/kiwi_filmmaker/s...875010050?s=21
    I doubt this would ever happen. The Chargers would have to make him coach and GM, that would be completely out of character for them. It may just be speculation, but a lot of fans think the Spani want to be in control of things (me included) and that’s why this team is constantly doing the same stupid shit year after year. At this point, we can expect Herberts career to mirror Rivers in that he’ll play his ass off to win with little support from the top.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

speaking @least for myself, that was one of the big reservations in drafting Bosa.... was he big enough for a 3-4 DE ??

didn't matter as we switched up to a 4-3, but the question is could he play the pass rushing DE in the 3-4 ??

personally think Tillery is well sized to play 3-4 DE, but his ability to seal the edge/play the run is shoddy and intermittent @best.

Seattle played the behemoth Red Bryant at 3-4 DE for awhile and w/good success.

overall, think the odds are against us in transitioning back to a 3-4 and bringing in Wade.... ??
    Wade Phillips, in his first year with the Broncos defense in 2015, Denver defense's lead in — yards per game, yards per play, rushing yards per play, passing yards per game and per play and sacks. They went to #1 in yards allowed and #4 in points allowed on defense in 2015, to #4 in yards allowed and #4 in points allowed on defense in 2016.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X