• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Gurley and Yeldon are much better fits for other offenses. Both are at their best sitting behind blockers and waiting for holes to develop. In our zone scheme, a guy like Gordon would be much more effective. The flip is also true. Gordon is a good but not great power runner, but Gurley and Yeldon are much better reading and using the blocks to set up their cuts.

I also don't think Gurley goes as high because of the knee. Teams are willing to forgive at other positions, but not RB. The shelf life is too short to begin with, so unless he is back for the entire offseason (I don't know his timeline), then I think Gurley drops out of the top of the draft. Maybe only to the bottom of the 1st, but probably into the 2nd.

AS far as Flowers goes, I hope we do keep him. I do think there was a chance he was a 1 year kind of guy, especially if Wright and Gilchrist had really stepped up. I still think we may ask those other guys to come back, but Flowers has to be the priority. Wright and Gilchrist both made progress this year, but still have a ways to go. The big thing we may do is try and get the secondary resigned (at the right price) so we can then address the other areas that need help (OL, DL, ...). I would like to see Mathews back, but the money is the big thing.

Comment

Working...
    X