• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The question though is, were we winning because of good/great coaching moves/decisions, or Rivers just bailing us out. it was less about Rivers last year (it looked more like a real team effort led by coaching) compared to this season. last year it was McCoy and staff did a great job.... versus Reich sucks Whiz Whiz Whiz etc making it sound like our success was heavily on Whiz and not McCoy.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      I'll still go with soso. A very Norvlike season. The team often looked unprepared to start games. The gameplans were either great or awful. The playcalling on offense was often bad and very predictable. They also seemed to go away from the plays that worked so well last season. The team got way to conservative much too often. And clock management and the use of timeouts was a mess.

Yet he had the team winning games even with a ton of injuries
      That pretty much sums up my feelings. They started a lot of games in a fog. No sense of urgency today......except in the game day thread
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
        I'm leaning this direction. Is he perfect? No, but very few head coaches are, even good ones.

But, looking back on the season.. We had no pass rush, no running game, and couldn't stop the run. Does that sound like a team that can win games?

That we won nine games almost feels crazy when I think of it like that, and a lot of that is coaching.
        Yeah! That's what I've been saying. It's like we have all these Junior College players going up against Alabama and other real talented teams.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          The question though is, were we winning because of good/great coaching moves/decisions, or Rivers just bailing us out. it was less about Rivers last year (it looked more like a real team effort led by coaching) compared to this season. last year it was McCoy and staff did a great job.... versus Reich sucks Whiz Whiz Whiz etc making it sound like our success was heavily on Whiz and not McCoy.
          I kind of think the fact that:
          1. The team never gives up and
          2. The backups come in and generally do a good job

is on McCoy. He stresses both of those points throughout the season. Good coach.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• homeless simpson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We had no pass rush, no running game, and couldn't stop the run. Does that sound like a team that can win games?
            that sounds like the Chargers from 2009-2012

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
              I thought he should have went for it when he went for that long-assed FG today (missed it and gave KC great field position. But I agree with rich, we won a lot of games we had no business winning. Or that could have gone either way. That probably speaks well of our Coach.
              If Novak makes that field goal, it's a nine point game and we wouldn't have had to go for it on all those fourth downs later in the game. Yeah, it was a 50 yard kick but clutch kickers have to make those. Turning point in the game.

Nine wins with all the injuries we had (5th string center, 4th string guard, 4th string runnging backs and wide receivers). That's pretty remarkable.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Two years with some pretty rough injury issues and 9 win teams. This year's injuries were just ridiculous. Totally. So, yeah, I think it's time to dump on McCoy and make Norv Comparisons.

Angry village idiots unite!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                  If Novak makes that field goal, it's a nine point game and we wouldn't have had to go for it on all those fourth downs later in the game. Yeah, it was a 50 yard kick but clutch kickers have to make those. Turning point in the game.

Nine wins with all the injuries we had (5th string center, 4th string guard, 4th string runnging backs and wide receivers). That's pretty remarkable.
                  Agree...it was 4th and 8, you cant go for it there.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm leaning this direction. Is he perfect? No, but very few head coaches are, even good ones.

But, looking back on the season.. We had no pass rush, no running game, and couldn't stop the run. Does that sound like a team that can win games?

That we won nine games almost feels crazy when I think of it like that, and a lot of that is coaching.
                    This is pretty much exactly how I think about this season. Of course, I try to be mostly positive about things.

Though I'm also sure that's annoying to some of you guys, as well. Gotta be who you are, tho
                    Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      Two years with some pretty rough injury issues and 9 win teams. This year's injuries were just ridiculous. Totally. So, yeah, I think it's time to dump on McCoy and make Norv Comparisons.

Angry village idiots unite!
                      No shit.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          UT

F−

Coaching

They lost to a backup quarterback who had started one NFL game and hadn’t practiced until Friday. Game plan was awful. Protection schemes stunk. Players again started as if not playing for anything. Unprepared. Is it unfair to put it all on “Mysterious” Mike McCoy? Why, no, not at all.
                          Oh, Canepa... time to hang up that typewriter.

Comment

Working...
                          X