• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
    By no means am I defending Norv. He was and is a horrible coach who should have never been hired in the first place. I'm just saying that McCoy is eerily similar to Norv in many ways.

The injury excuse has worn thin. First of all, as a coach, you can't preach a "next man up" mantra repeatedly and then hide behind injuries as an excuse for gagging the season away.
    He hasnt hidden behind them, as far as I have seen. People on the board are mentioning it. Yes, other teams have injuries, and yes you have to deal with them. But the number of guys on IR isnt the same as the types of guys on IR. Lets look at who's missed significant time on this roster:

Allen
    Hardwick (5 centers? Are you kidding me?)
    Clary
    Mathews
    Woodhead
    Ingram
    Teo
    Verrett
    Attaochu
    Scifres

With the exception of Rivers, Gates and Weddle, that's the core of your team. You're top offensive playmakers aside from Rivers and Gates. Your top 4 draft picks. Key defenders. This doesn't include individual games (Flowers, Royal, Porkchops, Butler, Addae, JJ, Carrethers, Lissemore, Watt) or season long play through pain (Rivers and Fluker). Do I think we should've won Sunday? Well yeah, but I knew it was going to be a dogfight against Houston and Hali and in a tough KC. But starting Sirles and Robinson? We knew this wasn't a deep club going into the season. We knew a couple key injuries could crater the season. We had more than a couple. Finished with 9 wins and nearly made the playoffs. Do I believe in injuries as an excuse? No. But do I believe in context? Yes. Mccoy deserves a little less knee jerk criticism considering who he was rolling out there the last half of the season. Do I think there are ways he can improve? Yes.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      He hasnt hidden behind them, as far as I have seen. People on the board are mentioning it. Yes, other teams have injuries, and yes you have to deal with them. But the number of guys on IR isnt the same as the types of guys on IR. Lets look at who's missed significant time on this roster:

Allen
      Hardwick (5 centers? Are you kidding me?)
      Clary
      Mathews
      Woodhead
      Ingram
      Teo
      Verrett
      Attaochu
      Scifres

With the exception of Rivers, Gates and Weddle, that's the core of your team. You're top offensive playmakers aside from Rivers and Gates. Your top 4 draft picks. Key defenders. This doesn't include individual games (Flowers, Royal, Porkchops, Butler, Addae, JJ, Carrethers, Lissemore, Watt) or season long play through pain (Rivers and Fluker). Do I think we should've won Sunday? Well yeah, but I knew it was going to be a dogfight against Houston and Hali and in a tough KC. But starting Sirles and Robinson? We knew this wasn't a deep club going into the season. We knew a couple key injuries could crater the season. We had more than a couple. Finished with 9 wins and nearly made the playoffs. Do I believe in injuries as an excuse? No. But do I believe in context? Yes. Mccoy deserves a little less knee jerk criticism considering who he was rolling out there the last half of the season. Do I think there are ways he can improve? Yes.
      Solid take. McCoy has things he can do better and is still learning, but he did squeeze an awful lot out of a beaten up team.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Does anyone remember the Redskins game last year? 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, game on the line. We put the ball in our best player's hands by throwing the ball. How many criticized McCoy for not running it in that situation? After all, we only needed a yard...

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

I just think if your going to run it on 4th and short don't do it out of the shotgun.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
            Season on the line. 4th Down and short, on the road in Arrowhead.

Who do you put the ball in the hands of? Your best player right? Phillip Rivers?

No.

Hand off up the middle to Donald Brown right into the back of the 4th or 5th string rookie center. Wow.

Season over.

But lets blame sports writers, and pundits for a coach who clearly is struggling to learn how to manage a football game. And whom also I think is a spineless prick.

Saying Frank Reich did a great job this year is an embarrassment.
            If we were able to protect our best player and allow him to execute, then perhaps you have a case. Given the 7 sacks, numerous hits, pressures, and batted balls, I am not convinced this was all that bad of a decision.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              I just think if your going to run it on 4th and short don't do it out of the shotgun.
              or use other RBs other than Donald.

Comment

Working...
              X