POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

19 names and Other is leading.

Put me down for next season HC Anthony Lynn.

DC Teryl Austin.

​​​​​​
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Belichick if they can get him. If not Urban Meyer

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        19 names and Other is leading.

Put me down for next season HC Anthony Lynn.

DC Teryl Austin.

​​​​​​
        I truly am more concerned who his ST coach will be? Looks like the Jags, Jets, maybe Lions - - will have openings. Texans and Falcons have them but who knows. But if Lynn is back - go find a damn good ST coach

As for Austin, I do like that name. Good find

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Belichick if they can get him. If not Urban Meyer
          I don't even think about Urban Meyer but if going the college route - picking him over Harbaugh and Shaw thats for damn sure

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't even think about Urban Meyer but if going the college route - picking him over Harbaugh and Shaw thats for damn sure
            I would love Meyer, but I really don’t think with his health issues that he will return to coaching.

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Why not to bring Ken as HC ? :>

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                Why not to bring Ken as HC ? :>
                Ken who? Wiz? No thanks.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

two things:

In todays chat wrap with Popper - he mentioned Murray as not performing well as a rookie, or Josh Kelly. I think there a time that maybe its the coaching and not all the player

Two, again , Popper mentioned these names as coaches to look at it: Bieniemy, Arthur Smith,, Joe Brady, Kellen Moore
                    --I just dont get the fascination with coaches, save Bieniemy who are in there 1st or 2nd year as coordinators.

I like the name Dave Toub. I really do - think he would be excellent. And if he were smart, would probably keep Pep and Steichen. Not just Toub - any coach, if Lynn is fired, that is hired.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

two things:

In todays chat wrap with Popper - he mentioned Murray as not performing well as a rookie, or Josh Kelly. I think there a time that maybe its the coaching and not all the player

Two, again , Popper mentioned these names as coaches to look at it: Bieniemy, Arthur Smith,, Joe Brady, Kellen Moore
                      --I just dont get the fascination with coaches, save Bieniemy who are in there 1st or 2nd year as coordinators.

I like the name Dave Toub. I really do - think he would be excellent. And if he were smart, would probably keep Pep and Steichen. Not just Toub - any coach, if Lynn is fired, that is hired.
                      in which capacity would you Keep Pep and Steichen? I think it would be waste to keep using Pep as QBs coach, I think the guys is destined for bigger things.

https://www.chargers.com/news/pep-ha...terbacks-coach

"Hamilton notably served as the offensive coordinator for Indianapolis from 2013-15. Over that span, the Colts won a pair of division titles and three playoff games. He coordinated an offense in 2014 that ranked No. 1 in passing offense (305.9 yards-per-game) and third in total offense (406.6). Quarterback Andrew Luck, who earned Pro Bowl nods in both 2013 and 2014, passed for career highs in yards (4,761) and touchdowns (40) during the 2014 season."

I think we have the wrong OC running the show... f@ck... the guy could be our next HC....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

in which capacity would you Keep Pep and Steichen? I think it would be waste to keep using Pep as QBs coach, I think the guys is destined for bigger things.

https://www.chargers.com/news/pep-ha...terbacks-coach

"Hamilton notably served as the offensive coordinator for Indianapolis from 2013-15. Over that span, the Colts won a pair of division titles and three playoff games. He coordinated an offense in 2014 that ranked No. 1 in passing offense (305.9 yards-per-game) and third in total offense (406.6). Quarterback Andrew Luck, who earned Pro Bowl nods in both 2013 and 2014, passed for career highs in yards (4,761) and touchdowns (40) during the 2014 season."

I think we have the wrong OC running the show... f@ck... the guy could be our next HC....
                        I saw that about Pep - and when I thought of Pagano, I recalled that Pep was OC under Pagano - but Pagano fired him. So not sure that would be a match.

I am not sold on Pep as HC - but I would pick him over all the names Popper mentioned - experience alone and he was HC, albeit shortly in the new XFL.

Chargers would get two third round draft choices from the league , if they hired Pep I would think.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I just disregard Popper as far as suggesting HCs goes. He basically is the same as Kevin Acee suggesting HCs.
                          I don't think he is very old,...maybe 30 is all so he perhaps identifies with coaches closer to his age.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-24-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X