POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I just disregard Popper. He basically is the same as Kevin Acee suggesting HCs.
    My question would be: what do you see in these young coaches, especially since you are working most games they are coaching, that says "that guy is THE GUY!"

I get they are the HOT OC Names. But Herbert needs a good H EAD BALL COACH - seems like his position coach and coordinator are doing fine by him.

I am not sure why ESPN doesn't have Eric Williams anymore but I wish he were still on the beat. That guy was good.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My question would be: what do you see in these young coaches, especially since you are working most games they are coaching, that says "that guy is THE GUY!"

I get they are the HOT OC Names. But Herbert needs a good H EAD BALL COACH - seems like his position coach and coordinator are doing fine by him.

I am not sure why ESPN doesn't have Eric Williams anymore but I wish he were still on the beat. That guy was good.
      I edited my post above as I usually do lol. Wait a few minutes after i post something and chances are it will be edited....only like 95% of the time.
      Popper isn't a very old guy. I'm thinking around 30 since he attended the university of Maryland from 2011 - 2015. Maybe he just identifies with younger guys that may be hot names. Probably doesn't know much at all about A Wade Phillips or even Brian Shottemhiemer lol.

Just a guess.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-24-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Experience does not mean automatic success. Countless head coaches with experience have never made success on their 2nd team.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          Experience does not mean automatic success. Countless head coaches with experience have never made success on their 2nd team.
          I understand. And if anybody other than the Chargers - I understand your point. But the history suggests hiring first time head coaches from the offensive side of the ball - hasn't worked well. And yes, I know the Spanii are a big part of that. But Ross and Marty overcame it . I don't want go get hung on just offensive side of the ball because of Herbert either.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

in which capacity would you Keep Pep and Steichen? I think it would be waste to keep using Pep as QBs coach, I think the guys is destined for bigger things.

https://www.chargers.com/news/pep-ha...terbacks-coach

"Hamilton notably served as the offensive coordinator for Indianapolis from 2013-15. Over that span, the Colts won a pair of division titles and three playoff games. He coordinated an offense in 2014 that ranked No. 1 in passing offense (305.9 yards-per-game) and third in total offense (406.6). Quarterback Andrew Luck, who earned Pro Bowl nods in both 2013 and 2014, passed for career highs in yards (4,761) and touchdowns (40) during the 2014 season."

I think we have the wrong OC running the show... f@ck... the guy could be our next HC....
            I said a few weeks ago to fire Lynn and make Pep the interim HC. Let’s see what he’s got

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I said a few weeks ago to fire Lynn and make Pep the interim HC. Let’s see what he’s got
              Makes the most sense.
              High chance of that happening on “Mathematical Monday”
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Management will probably wait until we have 9 losses...meaning that statistically we only have a 2% chance of being the last wildcard spot. But if we get smoked by the Bills then maybe next Monday.

:toyou:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw that about Pep - and when I thought of Pagano, I recalled that Pep was OC under Pagano - but Pagano fired him. So not sure that would be a match.

I am not sold on Pep as HC - but I would pick him over all the names Popper mentioned - experience alone and he was HC, albeit shortly in the new XFL.

Chargers would get two third round draft choices from the league , if they hired Pep I would think.
                  Actually, we only get the thirds is someone ELSE hires Pep as HC

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Popper = the new Acehole

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You forgot to include George Stewart Topcat.

He should be fired today. Lynn already set a precedent with the firing of Whiz last year around this time.

Whiz was respected among the coaching community. I wonder what the bone of contention was with him?

Chargers went to two playoffs in 3 1/2 years with him.
                      Good point there, Powder. Here u go:

ST - Stewart - Has bounced around the league a lot, mostly as WR and ST coach. He did coach ST's for the Niners from 1996-99 in Seifert's last year and Mariucci's first 3 years. The Niners had winning seasons and went to the playoffs his first 3 years, then fell to 4-12 his last year. At one time, he was apparently respected, but maybe he's just getting old. Whatever the reason, he's just not getting it done, and agree with u he needs to go asap...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You forgot to include George Stewart Topcat.

He should be fired today. Lynn already set a precedent with the firing of Whiz last year around this time.

Whiz was respected among the coaching community. I wonder what the bone of contention was with him?

Chargers went to two playoffs in 3 1/2 years with him.
                        yea but Wiz isnt Lynns good buddy. Did you know that Stewart is the assistant HC? lol, how comforting is that? Stewart wont go til Lynn goes.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

yea but Wiz isnt Lynns good buddy. Did you know that Stewart is the assistant HC? lol, how comforting is that? Stewart wont go til Lynn goes.
                          It's even worse - when he was asked by reporters last week about ST, he threw all the players under the bus and told everyone there is nothing wrong with the coaching. He is either the most deluded person on the surface of the planet or just flat out knows that Stewart sucks and is sticking up for him anyway. Regardless of which is true, it should cost him his job.

Comment

Working...
                          X