POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    If we go by HC retreads and Charger forum criteria:
    1) Raheem Morris
    2) Doug Pederson if the Eagles clean house
    3) Caldwell if he’s healthy
    Dennis Allen working the last 6 years for Sean Payton - maybe he would be terrible but Payton seems like a good person to learn from. But I am good with Caldwell of course. Health willing - I think he got a raw deal in Detroit

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

You would have to pay Belicheck Gruden type money to lure him over here.

Also give him control over the draft.

I'm not sure how much control Belli has with the pats, but its far more than Spanni Jr. and TT are willing to give.

His first order of business no doubt would be drafting Oline and trying to protect Herbert which TT obviously has no interest in.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I'm not sure how much control Belli has with the pats, but its far more than Spanni Jr. and TT are willing to give.

His first order of business no doubt would be drafting Oline and trying to protect Herbert which TT obviously has no interest in.
        BB is essentially the GM and the HC. The GM is bailed out on his bad draft picks by the HC.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          BB is essentially the GM and the HC. The GM is bailed out on his bad draft picks by the HC.
          Hire Riddick as GM
          Bill B as VP and Head Ball Coach
          whatever they did in SEattle seems to work

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

True and even Gruden money is LESS than he makes right now lol. Gruden 10 mil per year, BB 12.5 mil per year.

Who knows if he will take less to have a young QB again but 10 mil is less.

Will Deano pay 10 mil per year? My guess is hell no but...if he fires Teesco and BB does both....maybe it is close. Ive no idea what TT makes.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True and even Gruden money is LESS than he makes right now lol. Gruden 10 mil per year, BB 12.5 mil per year.

Who knows if he will take less to have a young QB again but 10 mil is less.

Will Deano pay 10 mil per year? My guess is hell no but...if he fires Teesco and BB does both....maybe it is close. Ive no idea what TT makes.
              I would bet money - if Deano really wants to lift the Lombardi
              he can half a** it, keep Telesco and hire some cheap OC/DC type like Arthur Smith or even Daboll or Saleh

or he can go balls to the wall, if truly Belichick is interested, pay the man, get his trophy. The ROI from Hoodie probably would be a helluva lot higher than the names I mention here or even names like Caldwell, Campbell, Harbaught, etc

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I cant for the life of me understand why Daboll gets such recognition and is in the mix for HC jobs in the NFL so much. He was a finalist for the Browns last year, too. As an OC, his NFL offenses are usually very poor. Certainly below average. He has lots of experience as an assistant under some good coaches but has never been a HC anywhere. This season Allen is maturing and the offense looks decent, but a crappy Chargers team with terrible coaching gave Buffalo a pretty good run and shut down Daboll pretty well. Just don't get it.

Bienemy? I get it. Saleh, yes oversees a really good defense even with all his star players injured. I get that one, too. And I get some of the young hot shot OCs and college coaches. But Daboll is just bleh. What am I missing?

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

Urban Meyer

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    I cant for the life of me understand why Daboll gets such recognition and is in the mix for HC jobs in the NFL so much. He was a finalist for the Browns last year, too. As an OC, his NFL offenses are usually very poor. Certainly below average. He has lots of experience as an assistant under some good coaches but has never been a HC anywhere. This season Allen is maturing and the offense looks decent, but a crappy Chargers team with terrible coaching gave Buffalo a pretty good run and shut down Daboll pretty well. Just don't get it.

Bienemy? I get it. Saleh, yes oversees a really good defense even with all his star players injured. I get that one, too. And I get some of the young hot shot OCs and college coaches. But Daboll is just bleh. What am I missing?

TG
                    Agree on Daboll.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I’m going to steal this quote for those who are afraid of another first time coach:
                      At the end of the day, your past failures don't guarantee future failures. Might as well hire the best guy for the job.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Dennis Allen working the last 6 years for Sean Payton - maybe he would be terrible but Payton seems like a good person to learn from. But I am good with Caldwell of course. Health willing - I think he got a raw deal in Detroit
                        no caldwell please...... he looked clueless on sidelines in DET..... what has he done? OC for P. Manning???..... Manning coached that offense, not caldwell.....

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vbG9ja2Vkb25jaG FyZ2Vycw/episode/YjM3ODliMzYtMzNiNC0xMWViLWE2YTgtODcwMGRjMTIwM2Yz?h l=en&ved=2ahUKEwjhrsiQ47DtAhWDr54KHdFRDUwQjrkEegQI BxAF&ep=6

Daniel Popper @ 36:00 Argues the question is: Which head coach will be poised to, in three years during Herbert's fifth-option season, make Justin Herbert, the best QB he can be? Who is the guy who can do that?

He said it absolutely had to be an offensive-minded coach and the three best are: Eric Bieinemy, Arthur Smith or Brian Daboll.

Comment

Working...
                          X