POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I think McDaniels is fixed in New England, just waiting for BB to move to retirement. I don't think BB is passive enough for the Spanos clan, unless little Johnnie wants to actually learn how to run a football operation.
    I don't think BB is ready, and the thought of hooking up with Herbert at the right time like Belichick and Brady. For some reason as much as I don't like McDaniels I could get to like that partnership.
    Last edited by SuperCharged; 12-04-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Interesting article regarding Ram’s DC Brandon Staley as a potential HC candidate. I didn’t realize he was a disciple of Fangio:
      Rams D-coordinator Brandon Staley has emerged as one of the most fascinating head coaching candidates.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Interesting article regarding Ram’s DC Brandon Staley as a potential HC candidate. I didn’t realize he was a disciple of Fangio:
        https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/04/br...oach-candidate
        Staley is considered excellent at making in-game adjustments. Wow, imagine that!

staley.JPG

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

All that’s left for Belichick is more rings. The idea of ending his career in NE with a revolving cast of QB recycles can’t be appealing. He needs to win a title without Brady. That should be what drives him now.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Some backstory on Matt Campbell:
            Matt Campbell’s journey to becoming one of most successful young college football coaches can be distilled to a single moment. But his evolution makes him a player favorite, and a coach on the rise in the sport.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              All that’s left for Belichick is more rings. The idea of ending his career in NE with a revolving cast of QB recycles can’t be appealing. He needs to win a title without Brady. That should be what drives him now.
              I know Urban Meyer has health issues but I think the same for him. Meaning if he has a few more years left - wouldn't winning a Lombardi be the final goal

I think Hoodie sees the challenge of winning a title without Brady in NE - so I don't see him leaving

But Urban - talk of Texas today. I have read USC for him. He has done it at Florida and THEEEEEE Ohio State - so he does it again at another college program. Almost "yawn" to me. And maybe its not the Chargers - but to me, NFL should be his last job if unless its Fox SPorts.

Same with Brian Kelly - you have done it all at ND except win a National title - -one would think the Chargers if Telesco is still in town - might be appealing. (But that means Telesco is still in town - I have mixed feelings about him)

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Jim Caldwell was on Adam Schefter’s podcast. Sounds like he’s ready to come back to coaching.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Interesting story - good find. Thanks

Jeremiah tweeted about him last week. Gave positive remarks

Not sure he is in my top 5 for the Chargers if Lynn is let go but interesting story and career.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Interesting story - good find. Thanks

Jeremiah tweeted about him last week. Gave positive remarks

Not sure he is in my top 5 for the Chargers if Lynn is let go but interesting story and career.
                    He gives off a Matt Rhule vibe. Not sure how he is as a strategist.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Staley is considered excellent at making in-game adjustments. Wow, imagine that!

staley.JPG
                      Just remember, our HC most likely wont be calling the defense or offense and they will hire their own coach to do that. So Staley is killing it where Wade failed there but Staley most likely wont be our DC if he is hired as HC.

Thats why im puzzled by the " we need a offensive minded HC". Carroll is doing just fine in Seattle with his offense and OC....who happens to be Brian Shottenheimer.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just remember, our HC most likely wont be calling the defense or offense and they will hire their own coach to do that. So Staley is killing it where Wade failed there but Staley most likely wont be our DC if he is hired as HC.

Thats why im puzzled by the " we need a offensive minded HC". Carroll is doing just fine in Seattle with his offense and OC....who happens to be Brian Shottenheimer.
                        It depends on the HC. Someone like McVay is heavily involved in the offense and calls the plays, and leaves the defense to Wade and now Staley. The same with Reid. I believe Fangio does the same thing for the defense in Denver and leaves the offense to Shurmur. And then there are others like Tomlin and Vrabel who are more CEO types.

Edit: the point is that we don’t know what type of HC Staley will be.
                        Last edited by Xenos; 12-05-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Jim Caldwell was on Adam Schefter’s podcast. Sounds like he’s ready to come back to coaching.
                          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....hefter-podcast
                          He has been near the top of my list for a 2-3 weeks now. The names around him change (this week Kelly, Taub, Pagano, Josh) . But I have been a proponent of Coach Caldwell as Head Coach. His record in Detroit - and maybe because they have been so poor shows he was above average. His record in Indy, very good - went to a Super Bowl. Joe Flacco had his best year, well the Super Bowl run I believe, with Caldwell as his OC/QB coach. He has coached Manning, Stafford and Flacco - so various types of QBs, different skill sets.

Comment

Working...
                          X