• 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Pep was the only interim possibility.

lynn has a bunch of assistants and coordinator who are green or total failures at HC so he can’t be fired mid season
    agreed.
    Looked like a last minute hiring that came from above
    I have a feeling Lynn found Pep threatening
    I would if knew deep inside I wasn’t a good coach and this guy could potentially replace me

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

That is exactly what I would do. I would move Gus to interim HC let him have till the end of the year to prove something. Otherwise let him go and hire McDaniel in the off season.
      Gus can't even field an average defense with that being his only focus. He's also proven well that he doesn't get it done as HC.

I think we have to ride this one out and just enjoy the high pick. I'm really hoping to see them bring in a pro to run football operations. My fear is that they don't think they need to and we get another 4 years of a bad HC that just had a good line of bullshit during the interview.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Gus can't even field an average defense with that being his only focus. He's also proven well that he doesn't get it done as HC.

I think we have to ride this one out and just enjoy the high pick. I'm really hoping to see them bring in a pro to run football operations. My fear is that they don't think they need to and we get another 4 years of a bad HC that just had a good line of bullshit during the interview.
        my ultimate fear is Lynn somehow manages two games -- kind of rights the ship and the Spanii think
        well this year we had COVID, injuries, etc and in the end, Lynn got the team after its worse loss ever to win 2 of their final four games
        and they keep both Lynn and Telesco
        Lynn gets to pick another new DC and ST as Bradley would be fired for Lynn to keep his job

Because if Lynn gets to 5-11 : I am 60% sure he would keep his job
        If he gets to 6-10 -- that is 90%

if he is 4-12 and loses all his AFCW games - I think that would do it, get him fired. But its sad that have to root for them to lose at this point. They do have a Thursday night game - maybe if they lose the Falcons and get blasted by the Raiders - that would be do it

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

Still Cant believe he doesn't even speak to the team before the game. Never forget Hard Knocks when they took a practice off while the Rams are going full board. Now I'm curious what does practice even look like? Are they just running around in shorts taking it easy while other teams are doing the Oklahoma drill and actually prepping for their next opponent, this dude has to go. Dont need a coach that just watches on the sideline while his assistants call the game.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

my ultimate fear is Lynn somehow manages two games -- kind of rights the ship and the Spanii think
            well this year we had COVID, injuries, etc and in the end, Lynn got the team after its worse loss ever to win 2 of their final four games
            and they keep both Lynn and Telesco
            Lynn gets to pick another new DC and ST as Bradley would be fired for Lynn to keep his job

Because if Lynn gets to 5-11 : I am 60% sure he would keep his job
            If he gets to 6-10 -- that is 90%

if he is 4-12 and loses all his AFCW games - I think that would do it, get him fired. But its sad that have to root for them to lose at this point. They do have a Thursday night game - maybe if they lose the Falcons and get blasted by the Raiders - that would be do it
            Don't worry, there is no way they are winning another game without a coaching change. Lynn & Co. are finished. Agreed that it is bad form to root against your squad, so don't.

Comment

• bartman83642
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Truth is, who are they going to replace him with? Gus Bradley? He should be gone too. Shane Steichen? He was the QBs coach just last year, you want to throw him into running this red hot mess? Pep? George Stewart for laughs?

There is no one.
              They can replace him with any one of the people you noted. Saying there is nobody else doesn't cut it. Primarily you would just putting them as interim head coach and signaling that potential candidates should be getting ready to interview and can help speed up the interview\hiring process. In the meantime if the interim does a great job you have another potential candidate to choose from. NFL teams have been doing that process for a long time.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Don't worry, there is no way they are winning another game without a coaching change. Lynn & Co. are finished. Agreed that it is bad form to root against your squad, so don't.
                during the games - when I watch - I always root for them to win

Comment

• Lyth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

They can replace him with any one of the people you noted. Saying there is nobody else doesn't cut it. Primarily you would just putting them as interim head coach and signaling that potential candidates should be getting ready to interview and can help speed up the interview\hiring process. In the meantime if the interim does a great job you have another potential candidate to choose from. NFL teams have been doing that process for a long time.
                  That's an interesting take. I wondered a few times why teams would fire a coach mid-year. I understand if you have a situation like ATL. You want to give someone who's qualified a test drive and see the results. Sometimes though teams don't have anyone really qualified (BUF 4 years ago) and you promote someone who won't get the job after the season. Maybe it is just to announce the opening early.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

One of the most shocking things that I witnessed is during the 45-0 blowout, Lynn takes out Keenan and M Williams but leaves Herbert in ???

That was a shocking example of bad judgement.

Lynn should know if the game is out of reach, take the QB out.

No sense in risking needless injury

Comment

• bartman83642
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                      One of the most shocking things that I witnessed is during the 45-0 blowout, Lynn takes out Keenan and M Williams but leaves Herbert in ???

That was a shocking example of bad judgement.

Lynn should know if the game is out of reach, take the QB out.

No sense in risking needless injury
                      I didn't catch that but by when the game started getting out of hand I was more listening than watching. I was kind of hoping he would put in Stick for a bit.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

I didn't catch that but by when the game started getting out of hand I was more listening than watching. I was kind of hoping he would put in Stick for a bit.
                        That would require Stick to have been active, which he wasn't. Lynn's love for Taylor even screws up getting Stick some snaps in a meaningless blowout.

Comment

• PR#1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That would require Stick to have been active, which he wasn't. Lynn's love for Taylor even screws up getting Stick some snaps in a meaningless blowout.
                          He could have just put Taylor in.

For him to leave Herbert in after M Williams and K Allen were taken out was mind blowingly stupid.

Comment

Working...
                          X