• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgbpasha
    #болтап
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

The offense goes into a shell after halftime so how do we blame Gus for that?

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I'm not as sour on Gus as you. It's more on Lynn & CONDITIONING.. Even with all the let downs. They still are a top 10 defense but those are just numbers.

He sure the hell can't do any worse than Lynn.
      they may not give up tons of yards but they sure do give up tons of points!

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

they may not give up tons of yards but they sure do give up tons of points!
        I think the defensive stats are conflated. With special teams giving up so much points the defense doesn't have to do much to defend. LOL!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Wow. That was one of the biggest screwups in Bolt’s history. Unbelievable end of half game mis-management. Another nail in Lynn’s coffin.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

His coming back. This win is the type of game that catches Dean's attention. I'm certain of it now, Anthony Lynn will return for 2021. Please wake me up for this nightmare

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

The 2 minute mistake with the 3rd down run and the not getting the FG team out is the kind of thing that should have had all those decisions made in the game planning at the end of the week. I get that there was poor communication between Steichen and Lynn, but that decision should have already been gone over in the 2 minute prep leading up to the game. You make a lot of those decisions in the office, when you don't have all the pressures on the sidelines. Yet, Lynn keep messing it up. I get that it is tough, which is why you prepare your way around it.

There is no reason to be trying to make the decisions on Sunday, let's also remember if you can't do it this year (without 70,000 fans yelling at you), you will never be able to.

This was already sealed in my mind. This weeks mistake is just the icing.

I wouldn't fire him this week, but come next Friday morning....Give us a 2 week head start on the coaching search(es)

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                His coming back. This win is the type of game that catches Dean's attention. I'm certain of it now, Anthony Lynn will return for 2021. Please wake me up for this nightmare
                I'm afraid you're right. I really didn't think they would win another game by keeping Lynn, was wrong. They lose by winning.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I'm afraid you're right. I really didn't think they would win another game by keeping Lynn, was wrong. They lose by winning.
                  Still think if he loses the last 3 and goes winless in the division for 2 consecutive seasons that they can’t bring him back. But the Raiders are fading and Denver just ins’t very good so we could win one or two of those and then I fear they do something idiotic and bring him back - this is the utterly clueless Team Spanos after all.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Denver won today. Raiders just need a few bodies back. They may get RT Trent Brown back next week and a CB or two. .

Comment

• Lightnin'
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Lynn's future hinges on the three division games upcoming.

Todays win over Atlanta was never going to matter unless we'd gotten killed.

Should we go a second consecutive season winless in the AFC West; finishing
                      4-12, a scant two seasons from going 13-5 and a playoff win/loss, ownership
                      (even ours) will fire Lynn.

I suspect they'll retain Telesco.

We've GOT players; we do not have sufficient coaching; ergo
                      consecutive sub-.500 win seasons in a mid-level division other than KC.

San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Anthony Lynn and the Chargers Just Had Their Most Embarrassing Sequence Yet

By Ryan Phillips | Dec 13, 2020, 6:22 PM EST

The Chargers fail to get a field goal off at the end of the first half against the Falcons
                        The Los Angeles Chargers continue to embarrass themselves on a weekly basis and head coach Anthony Lynn's game management this season has been some of the worst in NFLhistory. On Sunday, that struck again at the end of the first half against the Atlanta Falcons.

The Chargers trailed the Falcons 17-10 and faced third-and-1 at Atlanta's 8-yard line with 22 seconds remaining in the first half. They had no timeouts because they had been wasted earlier. Most teams would have taken a shot at the end zone with a pass and if that didn't work, they'd trot out the field goal team and take three easy points. Obvious, right? Not for the worst-run organization in the league.

No, the Chargers decided give us some free content by running the ball on third-and-1. I guess their plan was to get the one yard, then spike the ball for their kicker? The problem? The back didn't get the first down. So, then the Chargers were left with fourth down and a running clock.

The offense didn't know what to do, so half of the players stayed on the field while the field goal unit waited, then ran on. Obviously this jumbled mess led to the team not getting a kick off. So instead of a sure three points and a shot at seven, Lynn and his boys walked away with nothing. It was truly something to behold.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightnin' View Post
                          Should we go a second consecutive season winless in the AFC West; finishing
                          4-12, a scant two seasons from going 13-5 and a playoff win/loss, ownership
                          (even ours) will fire Lynn.

This makes me sad. To believe that the owner's bar for retaining Lynn might be "Hey, win one or two division games over the past few seasons" just cuts deep into my Charger soul.

And, yet, it sound feasible. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                          X