• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Address of Greyhound Station in Buffalo.

Tryin' to help you Anthony.
    Throwing Lynn under the bus? Shocking...positively shocking...

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      As painful as this game was to watch, it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
      the game finally displayed the horrendous coaching we’ve all seen as Chargers fans, out on a national level so now everyone has the Chargers HC job as plausibly available
      mission accomplished imo, it’s all but guaranteed we go with someone else in 2021
      Replacing Lynn is/has always been the most important action this offseason, even more than getting Sewell.

Edit: we are now the most desirable destination in 2021 for any candidate
      I agree with most all of the sentiment of this post. I wish I could remain upbeat but while we might have some quality head coaching candidates brought in, they are going to realize that the Chargers are running like the family business and want no part of this.

I will point out again, the 1st rule of good business is being ignored: Hire people smarter than yourself and delegate.

Nowhere does it say you should hire your son or your son-in-law. You should know better.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I agree with most all of the sentiment of this post. I wish I could remain upbeat but while we might have some quality head coaching candidates brought in, they are going to realize that the Chargers are running like the family business and want no part of this.

I will point out again, the 1st rule of good business is being ignored: Hire people smarter than yourself and delegate.

Nowhere does it say you should hire your son or your son-in-law. You should know better.
        And the second rule of business is MAXIMIZE PROFITS...oops, Spani strike out on that one...

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Nothing I have seen from Lynn has really surprised me this year. I had seen enough last year to come to the realization that he wasn't the long term answer and that giving him one more year to prove himself was just wasting a year of everyone's career. I take that back - one thing has surprised me. I didn't think it was possible for a coach to get worse at clock management and in game decisions as they got more experience. Incredibly, Lynn appears to have regressed at that from mediocre to awful so I guess I am kind of surprised at that.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Besides getting rid of Lynn and Stewart, the Chargers also need to release Badgley and sign whoever looked better at last week's tryout. It must be demoralizing to score the (apparently) tying touchdown only for the kicker to miss the extra point.

Comment

• screeme18
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2019
              • Send PM

I mean, I hate to beat a dead horse.. but.

I've seen coaches make some pretty bad choices. Even good coaches. It happens. We're all human. I have never seen a NFL head coach look so over his head as Lynn did today. No communication, no situational awareness, no plan, no clue. It was Gawdawful. My friend, a Buffalo fan, texted me it was comically bad. I can't disagree.

To this point, I've been defending Lynn. We had a be really fun season under him av few years ago. Bradley had been the target of my ire. But today, I can no longer defend him. He needs to be gone.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Does Lynn gave post covid brain fog? NFL head coaches just aren’t that stupid.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  The Chargers totaled just 76 yards (3.2 YPC) on rushing the ball today. The breakdowns for rushing on 1st down YPC against Buffalo are going be even more moribund.
                  Yeah, the last two weeks, going against a couple of the worst rush defenses in the league and we perform below our own poor average. Not a good thing at all.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                    #болтап
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Still gainfully employed as of 7:40am Pacific..

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                      Besides getting rid of Lynn and Stewart, the Chargers also need to release Badgley and sign whoever looked better at last week's tryout. It must be demoralizing to score the (apparently) tying touchdown only for the kicker to miss the extra point.
                      I would bring more kickers to compete with him... Id still like to see what he can do with a good coaching staff....

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        As painful as this game was to watch, it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
                        the game finally displayed the horrendous coaching we’ve all seen as Chargers fans, out on a national level so now everyone has the Chargers HC job as plausibly available
                        mission accomplished imo, it’s all but guaranteed we go with someone else in 2021
                        Replacing Lynn is/has always been the most important action this offseason, even more than getting Sewell.

Edit: we are now the most desirable destination in 2021 for any candidate
                        I dont want ever my team to lose.. but in life you learn that you need to have mistakes and painful situations to learn, that is one of those situations right now... we need Spanos to make an autoevaluation of himself to make things better, similar to what he did on early 2000s....

Its been fiasco after fiasco.. maybe he just needs to realize he is not big enough to play with the big boyz.... sell the franchise and run away with billions!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                          Still gainfully employed as of 7:40am Pacific..
                          He will not get fired. Its not the SPanii way - they want the whole season to review.

Comment

Working...
                          X