• Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

A quote from that article!

"The Chargers job would immediately own the market. Not only is Herbert wildly talented, he’s also ridiculously cheap for the next four seasons—Allen is signed through the same time frame. By doing nothing more than passing on first down, you could turn this offense into a top-10 unit in the league; dedicate yourself to play-action and deep passes, and you could go even further. Nobody has glanced, let alone grazed the ceiling on Herbert’s talent—not at Oregon, not in Los Angeles. Why wouldn’t Eric Bieniemy or Arthur Smith want that opportunity?"

another one....

"An Anthony Lynn firing is about more than Lynn’s mistakes. It’s certainly about that, but it’s about something more. It’s about recognizing the opportunity you have with Herbert at the helm: to rapidly ascend to competition in the AFC West and AFC as a whole, with star quarterback play on a cheap contract powering you to big free-agent acquisitions and an offensive innovator at head coach. Lynn is the coordinator for a Tyrod Taylor-led offense, a fearful team that ekes out wins with ball control and physicality—it would be irresponsible to resign Herbert to that fate. This is as much about Lynn as it is the next guy, whoever that may be, and what he can do with your ailing franchise now that its saving grace has potentially fallen into your lap."
    I agree with this......
    no matter how great herbert is, Lynn still wishes Taylor were the QB......Taylor fits Lynn's conservative run obsessed style.....

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree with this......
      no matter how great herbert is, Lynn still wishes Taylor were the QB......Taylor fits Lynn's conservative run obsessed style.....
      What is odd about Lynn and Tyrod,.... With how little we have seen of Tyrod, I have seen a handful of times they call Tyrod faking a handoff and running. Have they ever done that with Herbert? Herbert is probably faster and we know he is alot bigger.

On a third and one today near the GL that would been a good call as the DL were crashing in.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-29-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• AZBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Fire Lynn now.......look at the immediate improvement of the Falcons since they fired their lame HC and GM......including dominating the Raiders today.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Checking in at 8:15PM PST Anthony Lynn has not been fired yet.

REPEAT: Anthony Lynn has not been fired as of 8:15PM PST.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Ive never seen the announcers talking about how bad the coaching is during a game before. Its an open secret how bad Lynn is. The team can no longer afford to keep him. He's gone by tomorrow.
            ^^^this^^^. Richard Gannon was blasting the coaching, it's lack of time management, lack of timeout useage, lack of in-game...headiness? It's bad when commentators start saying that when they are supposed to be non-partisan.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

^^^this^^^. Richard Gannon was blasting the coaching, it's lack of time management, lack of timeout useage, lack of in-game...headiness? It's bad when commentators start saying that when they are supposed to be non-partisan.
              He also mentioned that talking to people around the league who feel our talent is much better than a 3 win team - something I have harped on for a while now.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • victoria b.c.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He also mentioned that talking to people around the league who feel our talent is much better than a 3 win team - something I have harped on for a while now.
                Lions Falcons andTexans have all fired their coaches
                All above teams have a 4--7 record.
                Chargers are now 3- 8 with a more talelented roster imv.
                Why is Lynn still here ?

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  Checking in at 8:15PM PST Anthony Lynn has not been fired yet.

REPEAT: Anthony Lynn has not been fired as of 8:15PM PST.

Its not morning yet.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • victoria b.c.
                    • Send PM

Lynn's awesome display of coaching is making sports headlines up here in Canada

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Anthony Lynn: Running at end of game was “completely miscommunication”

Posted by Josh Alper on November 29, 2020, 7:46 PM EST

The Chargers gave themselves a bit of hope at the end of Sunday’s loss to the Bills when Justin Herbert hooked up with Tyron Johnson for a 55-yard pass to the Buffalo 2-yard-line.

Down 10 with no timeouts, the Chargers needed a quick score and an onside kick to have a chance to tie the game. They rushed to the ball and snapped it with 20 seconds left, but the play choice was bizarre. Herbert handed the ball to Austin Ekeler, who was stopped short of the end zone and the choice essentially left no shot at the two scores they needed.

After the game, Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said the call was “completely miscommunication” before facing a series of questions about his overall clock management during the game. Lynn’s answers didn’t offer much reassurance about the decision-making process even as he pushed back at the notion that clock management has been an issue for his staff.

“I wouldn’t say that,” Lynn said. “I would sit down and talk you through every one of our decisions. I’m not saying that it’s been perfect at all. But what happened today at the end of the game that was miscommunication.”

The Chargers are now 3-8 and repeated mistakes in close losses have done little to make the case that Lynn will return for a fifth season in 2021.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

The good news, another 50 yard bomb for Herbert. The bad news, Lynn wanted a 3 yard run.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

As painful as this game was to watch, it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
                          the game finally displayed the horrendous coaching we’ve all seen as Chargers fans, out on a national level so now everyone has the Chargers HC job as plausibly available
                          mission accomplished imo, it’s all but guaranteed we go with someone else in 2021
                          Replacing Lynn is/has always been the most important action this offseason, even more than getting Sewell.

Edit: we are now the most desirable destination in 2021 for any candidate
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X