• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Does Lynn gave post covid brain fog? NFL head coaches just aren’t that stupid.
    There might actually be some truth in this, brother.

Or, if you read Watership Down as a child, Anthony Lynn has simply gone tharn.

76620.jpg

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Ha Ha Ha Joey Bosa wore a wire yesterday.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

8:00AM PST - Anthony Lynn still here for some reason.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...us-pep-raiders

SDUT Nov 2 2020

Column: Will Dean Spanos shake up Chargers in response to repeated struggles in close games?

download.jpeg

Telesco may have attained honorary Spanos status in January 2019 when the Chargers took a 12-4 record into the postseason and won a first-round game at Baltimore.

We have all learned since, Lamar Jackson is a turnover machine in big games, Chargers were the first lucky recipient. A week later, Patriots beat them cold and didn't give the game away like Baltimore did.

Soon after he drafted Herbert, though, Telesco noted the losing record that provided him the No. 6 draft slot. Then he linked his own job security to a potential trend. “We hope we don’t pick sixth very often,” Telesco told the Pat McAfee Show soon after selecting Herbert in April. “If we do, I won’t be making very many picks here.”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...us-pep-raiders

SDUT Nov 2 2020

Column: Will Dean Spanos shake up Chargers in response to repeated struggles in close games?

download.jpeg

Telesco may have attained honorary Spanos status in January 2019 when the Chargers took a 12-4 record into the postseason and won a first-round game at Baltimore.

We have all learned since, Lamar Jackson is a turnover machine in big games, Chargers were the first lucky recipient. A week later, Patriots beat them cold and didn't give the game away like Baltimore did.
            The thing I got out of that article by Krasovic -- Caldwell worked with Telesco. Telesco didn't hire Arians - when he had the chance. I know it was his first year but he was still in the room

Maybe if Telesco still has a job - though he shouldn't - he will call Caldwell.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

GM AJ Smith - 98 wins in 10 seasons

GM
              Tom Telesco - 56 wins in 8 seasons

It will take until the year 2028 for Tom Telesco to surpass his predecessor at GM in career wins.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

I've been on record for 3-4 weeks now. He needs to be fired. And I do like him as a person, he seems like a genuinely good guy.

But that doesn't make him a Head Coach in the NFL. Just seems like the job is too big for him.

The little things. The repeated mistakes at little things. That's on the coaching staff.

So many times yesterday, it just looked like Buffalo was a step ahead of the Chargers. Both sides of the ball.

Also, CBS put the stat up later in the game... Buffalo averages 90 yards rushing a game or something (it was like 27th in the league), and Today it was at 170 yards (at the time they put the graphic up). Almost double.

Remember, the Chargers beat this Buffalo team in September of 2018, 31-20. So it's not as if we can't compete with them.

I remember saying that day, Buffalo had a better coaching staff (and actually had a few disagree with me).
                McDermott and crew have taken a QB without nearly the accuracy as ours ,and made the playoffs last year (in Allen's 2nd year). And they ran circles around our staff yesterday.

It's not a coincidence that WE ALWAYS LOSE those games that come down to the wire. That run after the Hail Mary was just another example.

And don't get me started on the Special Teams. God, if Toub was hired tomorrow, we'll have a better team, if he just hands off playcalling to the OC and DC, and stays out of it. The kickoff returns that don't cross the 20, and then Buffalo looked like they had a chance to break nearly every one.

I said during the Miami game that it looked like the players had lost faith in the staff. That still stands. They are playing for themselves right now... bonuses, etc... But they aren't playing as a team, because they don't believe in the team. That's a lack of leadership.

They won't fire him, because... who are they going to replace him with?

Toub is my #1.
                David Shaw is my #1 from College.
                I'm not against Bienemy...and I like the mentions of Tennessee's OC too. Not against someone like Todd Bowles, either. The Jets regressed almost immediately after he left, and Tampa's defense got better.

LOVE the Idea of bringing in Fangio to run the defense, but that won't happen. He'll probably go back to Chicago after Nagy gets canned.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Im stunned that Lynn is still here. The losing attitude of this team goes deep.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                    LOVE the Idea of bringing in Fangio to run the defense, but that won't happen. He'll probably go back to Chicago after Nagy gets canned.

How about we CAN Anthony Lynn and HIRE Vic Fangio? He'll be available on January 4th too.

Chargers draft Micah Parsons and gets after the QB with Joey Bosa and Derwin James, and Pep Hamilton and Shane Steichen run the offense.
                    Then build a new offensive line with a new LT and a NEW Center in the draft.

Anyone who pooh-poohs Vic Fangio as HC must remember he spotted the Chargers a 24-3 in the third Quarter & beat 'em with Drew Lock a few weeks ago....

Comment

• AFCWEST
                      Registered Chiefs Fan
                      • Dec 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      In Eric Bieinermy-related news: Tyreek Hill Has 203 Receiving Yards In First Quarter

lol Bring on either Coach Bieinermy or Coach Taub.
                      The Reid tree is a myth. Yes Pederson & Nagy had early success. Now both teams suck on offense. Bienemy does not call the plays. Im not saying he wont be a good head coach, just pointing out other over blown coaches from KC. Reid did well with Smith. Not great but winning with MR Checkdown. Smith had Hill & Kelce his final season in KC. I think Herbert is like Mahomes. So a coaching change is needed before Herberts low cost seasons are wasted.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Im stunned that Lynn is still here. The losing attitude of this team goes deep.
                        I flew out of bed this morning at first light, like Christmas morning. Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X