• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

We have 2 years for him to play for us. He is an all star talent that changes the defense....rare for a guy that can play at any part of the field like him...more valuable than a Bosa talent.

love the kid....may he recover and never see the injury tent again

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
      I'll go with the "strike 3 and your out" rule. Please Derwin do not turn into Verrett 2.0.
      He's had 3 strikes including the one at Florida State. That's why he was on the board at pick 18. A DPOY talent so give him 4 strikes.:cheers:

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

imo we are obligated to something to protect him, well Staley is obligated to do something
        to scheme DJ towards less injury risk while still utilizing "most" of his ability.
        it doesn't make sense to me to NOT do anything, and simply roll the dice.
        someone somewhere has to have a better idea of what can help.

Also, DJ mentioned something about not being into diet, and "liking McDonalds" WTF?
        someone please talk to him about nutrition and how to eat for physically recovering athletes
        or just eat what KA eats.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

He's had 3 strikes including the one at Florida State. That's why he was on the board at pick 18. A DPOY talent so give him 4 strikes.:cheers:
          Nope he's got 2. This is about the Chargers not Florida St. I just hope he gets back and returns to form. This defense would have performed much better with DJ on the field.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            imo we are obligated to something to protect him, well Staley is obligated to do something
            to scheme DJ towards less injury risk while still utilizing "most" of his ability.
            it doesn't make sense to me to NOT do anything, and simply roll the dice.
            someone somewhere has to have a better idea of what can help.

Also, DJ mentioned something about not being into diet, and "liking McDonalds" WTF?
            someone please talk to him about nutrition and how to eat for physically recovering athletes
            or just eat what KA eats.
            Less injury risk by dropping him back at deep safety to split with Adderley. Bring James up occasionally for safety blitz, but keep him away from the D-linemen...

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Less injury risk by dropping him back at deep safety to split with Adderley. Bring James up occasionally for safety blitz, but keep him away from the D-linemen...
              yes! which sounds like what Steve was describing.
              if this happens, i'd have to imagine it's partly to keep DJ safer.
              also depends on what type of offense you're playing against, but I can see more snaps at deep S
              or simply doing more covering TEs man2man
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

yes! which sounds like what Steve was describing.
                if this happens, i'd have to imagine it's partly to keep DJ safer.
                also depends on what type of offense you're playing against, but I can see more snaps at deep S
                or simply doing more covering TEs man2man
                I'll say this--with Derwin back there, Adderley only has to cover half of what Gus used to have him cover...should be a huge benefit...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Derwin tore his meniscus covering someone in practice.
                  Use him how is will help best, otherwise he is being wasted and Staley wouldn't be using him right as a deep safety.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

also the year before didnt he injure himself celebrating in TC? IIRC his injuries were not sustained in hard-hitting contact.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      also the year before didnt he injure himself celebrating in TC? IIRC his injuries were not sustained in hard-hitting contact.
                      So what does that tell you if anything?
                      How can we use all the information to determine is something can/should be done?
                      1. HOW were these injuries
                      2. WHAT are the actual injuries
                      3. ?

what is the problem? if these injuries aren't contact injuries, maybe he is too athletic and playing beyond his physical limitations (if that makes sense)?
                      I get we all just want to say it's football and roll with it but that's lazy imo, and i don't think it's a coincidence that Steve expects Staley to play him more at deep safety
                      i think it's very intentional in that he is trying to protect DJ from himself because he understands that physical injuries wear you down regardless of how they happen
                      so just running on astro-fake crap turf is already X amount of risk, running on it with
                      1. 2016 right knee meniscus tear
                      2. 2020 right knee meniscus tear
                      3. 2019 right foot fracture is even riskier.

i'm obviously no kinesiologist or sports science guy, please I encourage anyone with a background to chime in
                      but there has to be something Staley can do to maximize DJs longevity
                      perhaps playing more on the leftside of the field so he uses his stronger left leg to push off more often
                      or backwards, right side to push off right leg but use a stronger left leg to more accurately make cuts and stopping actions.

if you made it this far in my post you will be credited with one 21&500 token.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

So what does that tell you if anything?
                        How can we use all the information to determine is something can/should be done?
                        1. HOW were these injuries
                        2. WHAT are the actual injuries
                        3. ?

what is the problem? if these injuries aren't contact injuries, maybe he is too athletic and playing beyond his physical limitations (if that makes sense)?
                        I get we all just want to say it's football and roll with it but that's lazy imo, and i don't think it's a coincidence that Steve expects Staley to play him more at deep safety
                        i think it's very intentional in that he is trying to protect DJ from himself because he understands that physical injuries wear you down regardless of how they happen
                        so just running on astro-fake crap turf is already X amount of risk, running on it with
                        1. 2016 right knee meniscus tear
                        2. 2020 right knee meniscus tear
                        3. 2019 right foot fracture is even riskier.

i'm obviously no kinesiologist or sports science guy, please I encourage anyone with a background to chime in
                        but there has to be something Staley can do to maximize DJs longevity
                        perhaps playing more on the leftside of the field so he uses his stronger left leg to push off more often
                        or backwards, right side to push off right leg but use a stronger left leg to more accurately make cuts and stopping actions.

if you made it this far in my post you will be credited with one 21&500 token.
                        I like what you're saying. what I meant from my post is he's sustained injuries basically from non-contact and I PRAY TO ALMIGHTY that he is not injury prone. Hopefully they were just freak injuries like stepping in a gopher hole and twisting your ankle and not a sign of more susceptibility to injury.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I like what you're saying. what I meant from my post is he's sustained injuries basically from non-contact and I PRAY TO ALMIGHTY that he is not injury prone. Hopefully they were just freak injuries like stepping in a gopher hole and twisting your ankle and not a sign of more susceptibility to injury.
                          ya when they're none contact injuries, it's not as easy as just scheming away from contact, just think it might help.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X