Right on cue after a loss...
    Yep. Not a peep after we won last week.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      I don't read much on here, had to come on to read the gameday thread to see which players and coaches are being thrown under the bus this week (or more precisely, play-by-play) but it was nice to see my name come up as I made my way through the latest threads. I dunno what happened to make SFW decide to leave this board but I do know that there tends to be a lot of blind homerism on this board (as is found in many sports boards) so anyone who might appear to be not "on board" tends to take a lot of abuse. Again, I'm not sure if that was the case with SFM or, apparently, Q but I'll go with my gut on that one. I'll leave it up to y'all to decide what chases away posters on here.

Being on any internet board is a choice. When it ceases to be fun people stop logging on.

To me the Chargers are right where I expected them to be and my only question is that when they finally realize they need to rebuild will they be rebuilding in San Diego or LA? The clock is ticking for Rivers and I see a lot of holes that were there before the new regime arrived, if not more now. My wish has always been for the Chargers to win a SB (preferably while still in San Diego). We needed a solid "A" from Telesco to do this in Rivers' window and I think he has earned a "C." Just my opinion of course so feel free to criticize, insult or whatever floats your boat. In the remaining portion of Rivers' window I think he has to pretty much be 100% on every move. I find that unlikely. As for McCoy he hasn't impressed me but I wasn't a fan of his signing so consider me biased.

Oh, and I never posted a goodbye because I never said I was leaving. I just don't go on here much because I don't see much that interests me nor do I, outside of a few posters, find anything that actually is very informative (though the draft previews can be pretty good). You do find a lot of emotions here (as on any other sports or politics board) which can be entertaining. For me I was able to deal with this season by not caring how the Chargers did. At one point I foolishly thought that perhaps my not caring was the reason for their early success though my rational mind would engage to remind me of whom we were playing. I recall a line in a book I once read about soldiers in battle, perhaps it was a Stephen Ambrose book but I don't recall correctly. One officer said that as soon as his men realized that they were already dead they were able to function in combat.

With that I'll leave with just one more thing. I miss Hadl21. That guy was a hoot.
      I hope you'll be back. HADL and others were great and are missed. I talk to him and he won't be back but I hope you will. All opinions are welcome and appreciated
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Did HADL even join this place?

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Younger and tougher.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            All opinions are welcome and appreciated
            If only he felt that way...

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Did HADL even join this place?
              He did not. He quit on the old site. Good guy.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                If only he felt that way...
                He doesn't?
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

And some thought that Gracie Allen's timing was impeccable?

Not talking about you, OIP, but I suspect you're smart enough to know that, eh?

Hell, I didn't even say anything negative about the Chargers. To be honest, I thought I was being gracious giving TT a "C" so far but I guess even that is being too negative around here.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    He did not. He quit on the old site. Good guy.
                    Yea i got along well with him. Im surprised he didnt give the new place a try.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Yea i got along well with him. Im surprised he didnt give the new place a try.
                      His leaving was long before the new site. He just realized he didn't miss posting
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        I think the number of times any posters complains to a mod without first addressing the issue with the fellow charger fan directly should be public. That way we all can see who cries the most about trivial shit.
                        I dont think ive ever PM'd a mod about anything....unless it was the site not working right and even then i post it in a thread.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          I dont think ive ever PM'd a mod about anything....unless it was the site not working right and even then i post it in a thread.
                          I PM'd the mods about the lack of football IQ on this site. The large amount of trolls and the posters that were complete idiots.

Your name might've come up
                          Last edited by oneinchpunch; 12-29-2014, 08:30 PM.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X