• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

In Q's dream, he must be playing center...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

As for this thread the thought that "I'm not a fit here"...is BS.

None of us are a fit here. That's what makes a community. People that gather with different opinions.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
        This place can get pretty testy if you have a differing opinion from the group. Unless your an optimist and can find a bright spot on every turd your not in for a good time .

That being said I appreciate the commentary and reading what everyone has to say week in and week out. I feel that this forum has some pretty damn knowledgeable Charger fans that care.

For me it helps that I dont give a shit what people think about me, especially those somewhere across the internet.

Merry Christmas everyone! and Happy New Year! Lets kick some Chief ass this week and hope all our new year dreams come true.
        Goes the other way, too. If you dare question someone for being a pessimist, you're suddenly holier-than-thou or something. But I'm with you 100% on everything else in your post.
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          ** sigh **

I needed a break. I tried to PM a couple of you guys but either mail boxes were full or I fucked up trying to send the PMs. I had a few interactions that were embarrassing and inappropriate, so I needed to step away.

I need to rein it in. Or continue to stay away. I'll give it another shot and see how long I can hold it together THIS time before I fuck up again.

Thanks to those who were concerned.
          Well, welcome back, buddy! The forum isn't the same without you around to knock heads with.
          Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Wow. I always thought SFW had a thicker skin than that.
            sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              Goes the other way, too. If you dare question someone for being a pessimist, you're suddenly holier-than-thou or something. But I'm with you 100% on everything else in your post.
              Sometimes people just want to vent. That's all it is. Reality not meeting expectations sort of thing. Try to let people vent is my advice ....without questioning them. Because you'll seem threatening or a dick to folks that are angry with the team if you start asking them why they're angry. They're angry because things aren't going as expected or desired (with the team)...that simple...it's not personal to you. But others may take it personally if you ask them why they're angry with the team and you proceed to say why they shouldn't be angry. Don't do that. Just let them be.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                Sometimes people just want to vent. That's all it is. Reality not meeting expectations sort of thing. Try to let people vent is my advice ....without questioning them. Because you'll seem threatening or a dick to folks that are angry with the team if you start asking them why they're angry. They're angry because things aren't going as expected or desired (with the team)...that simple...it's not personal to you. But others may take it personally if you ask them why they're angry with the team and you proceed to say why they shouldn't be angry. Don't do that. Just let them be.
                Do you not see the double standard inherent in what you're saying?

So, to clarify, it's ok to come across as a hater in a fan forum and piss in everyone's cereal if you're venting, but if you vent at the venters you come across as a dick? No, buddy, it goes both ways. This is a discussion forum, and if you post an opinion, you open yourself up to being criticized for that opinion. None of us is above that. It's not about letting people be. No one is saying they can't vent, but if they have the right to post that stuff here (and I agree that they do) then others have the right to call them on it. If someone takes it personally that someone else was such a dick as to question what they wrote, then what is that person doing posting online??? (That doesn't, of course, include personal attacks which should, by definition, be taken personally.)

And alex, you know damned well it goes both ways in another way. You have received rep from me, as has just about everyone else here (including Yuba). I absolutely do respond, maybe too much, to things I disagree with, but I also rep liberally when someone posts something I agree with, or something clever or insightful. We all post things that some will agree with and others will disagree with, and I like to think I'm pretty fair about letting people know not only when I disagree but when I agree. It's a discussion board, and it would be pretty lame if everyone agreed with each other and no one ever disagreed with or questioned another post. So, if calling out people who feel they need to quit on the team publicly makes me a dick, then I accept the label and hope that I'm at least a big dick and not a shrunken little stub.
                Adipose

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Jesus Panama...it's NOT about you! We're just venting! Can you just let that happen?

Comment

To get this shit back on track, it's been fun having you here SFW. I hope you can make your way back eventually, but if not, happy trails!

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                      Jesus Panama...it's NOT about you! We're just venting! Can you just let that happen?
                      Exactly. It's not about me, so please stop trying to make it that. Live and let post -- including criticisms of negative posts!
                      Adipose

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        Exactly. It's not about me, so please stop trying to make it that. Live and let post -- including criticisms of negative posts!
                        Yes, I agree. I'm just trying to be a good friend.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

This board has kind of sucked lately. It's gone from discussing our favorite team to everybody taking shit WAY too personally and the seeming inability to grok that people may just not agree with another's point of view. Now we have posters pouting and leaving. Geez guys, lighten up - it's a public discussion forum that is supposed to be a fun place to hang out it and discuss the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X