• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    If people would excersize more tallerance and not read what gives them the desire to request censorship of others, Fleet would have better days. Give the gift of a good day to Fleet. He deserves it. We are all here on his dime. Respect that, work out your own issues on privet message and when you get a pm respect the request. Keep calm and carry on. The mods are not your censorship button.
    Thanks man.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Stinky for the win.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        The board is fine. I apologize if im not modding it a little more sternly. Ive ignored some PMs requesting i do more to keep threads from being hijacked and have just let posters be. I will do my best to monitor threads. Especially the gameday threads. I think the board has those who love drama and those who hate it. Its hard for me to moderate a common ground.
        I agree, board is fine. You and the other mods are doing great. I've invited my buddy from up in Missouri to join, so I hope to see him here soon.
        sigpic

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

I think you're moderating it just fine Fleet. If people are expecting you to micromanage every thread because of a few annoyances, then it's their expectations that are not reasonable.

Comment

• Boltergeist
            Pesky apparition
            • Jun 2013
            • Baja Oklahoma
            • Send PM

There is nothing on the board that my powers not to read certain posts or threads cannot handle.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

People just need to accept that they can be wrong at times, and learn from it, and don't get their panties in a bunch if they get called on it. I scan all postings, I scan faster when it's clear that there's nothing new on a response. Campaigning on a moot point is useless, as nothing here can actually change anything, except drive lurkers off the site and discourage them from posting.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                People just need to accept that they can be wrong at times, and learn from it, and don't get their panties in a bunch if they get called on it. I scan all postings, I scan faster when it's clear that there's nothing new on a response. Campaigning on a moot point is useless, as nothing here can actually change anything, except drive lurkers off the site and discourage them from posting.
                But we're not attempting to write a treatise when we get emotionally involved into the game. We're simply reacting to the game before us. That's it. Aside from putting a few folks on ignore (which I am now doing) I guess there's really nothing else to do. At least FLEET and Cap and TTK (the mod squad) make this available to us. Thank goodness for the ignore feature as well. ha

EDIT: And SuperFunnyCharger and CoachFargoMarkos
                Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 12-23-2014, 10:57 AM.
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                  But we're not attempting to write a treatise when we get emotionally involved into the game. We're simply reacting to the game before us. That's it. Aside from putting a few folks on ignore (which I am now doing) I guess there's really nothing else to do. At least FLEET and Cap and TTK (the mod squad) make this available to us. Thank goodness for the ignore feature as well. ha
                  Just my opinion, GDTs can't be moderated, but they should be shut down at the end of the game, or at least by next day. When someone wants to pick on a post out of the GDT, it's "troll-esque" because there is almost no thought that goes on in posting in the GDTs... that's why they are fun.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                    I think you're moderating it just fine Fleet. If people are expecting you to micromanage every thread because of a few annoyances, then it's their expectations that are not reasonable.
                    I'm just amused that anyone would PM the admins the moment someone pisses them off, as if the admins don't have better things to do than babysit us!
                    Adipose

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think the number of times any posters complains to a mod without first addressing the issue with the fellow charger fan directly should be public. That way we all can see who cries the most about trivial shit.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Just my opinion, GDTs can't be moderated, but they should be shut down at the end of the game, or at least by next day. When someone wants to pick on a post out of the GDT, it's "troll-esque" because there is almost no thought that goes on in posting in the GDTs... that's why they are fun.
                        I admit I did pull out some GDT posts but only because I felt the writer's pain! They were funny "after the fact". I can identify with them so much. But what you proposed seems like a smart idea to me, Bolt-O.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          The board is fine. I apologize if im not modding it a little more sternly. Ive ignored some PMs requesting i do more to keep threads from being hijacked and have just let posters be. I will do my best to monitor threads. Especially the gameday threads. I think the board has those who love drama and those who hate it. Its hard for me to moderate a common ground.
                          To be clear here, when I said the board sucks lately, this was in no way a dig at Fleet or any of the admins. We wouldn't have this board if it weren't for Fleet's generosity and being an admin is a time consuming, thankless job. The comment was more of statement about how whiny, intolerant and downright rude some posters have been lately. Yes, I can and do ignore the long debates back and forth between certain posters on topics I fund boring and am not planning on leaving, but it seems to me that a lot of civility has left this board lately. But maybe that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                          X