• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    We all want accountability, and we should. But how do the Chargers create a culture of accountability when the guy who runs Football Ops John Spanos never has to worry about getting fired?

John Spanos.jpeg AFC West.png
    The only thing that can happen with him is to be re-assigned.

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Telesco is NOT ignoring the OL. He just isnt doing a good job fixing it.
      I agree. He's drafting for it. He might reach a little based on the position, but the OLine is important to him. He's getting FA's. They just don't pan out.

It could be the coaching too. There are lots of teams with above average players on the line that perform well. Scheme and technique make a difference. We're always injured (seemingly more than average) which is likely coaching also.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Crunch the numbers on cap spent on the Chargers C Mike Pouncey, Trai Turner, and Bryan Bulaga, that is the free agency acumen at work between John and Telesco.

Front office set Lynn up for failure before the season began.

John Spanos needs to kick his own ass upstairs and hire a football man.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Crunch the numbers on cap spent on the Chargers C Mike Pouncey, Trai Turner, and Bryan Bulaga, that is the free agency acumen at work between John and Telesco.

Front office set Lynn up for failure before the season began.

John Spanos needs to kick his own ass upstairs and hire a football man.
          Pouncey never made sense this year. He came to the Chargers with bad hips and it was reported he would need a hip replacement after he retires. He finished 2019 on the IR with, I believe a hip injury.
          I think they should have given him $1m plus bonuses on games played. Or maybe a "parting gift" of $500k and released him. The idea that Pouncey was going to make the season seemed highly unlikely.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

I agree. He's drafting for it. He might reach a little based on the position, but the OLine is important to him. He's getting FA's. They just don't pan out.

It could be the coaching too. There are lots of teams with above average players on the line that perform well. Scheme and technique make a difference. We're always injured (seemingly more than average) which is likely coaching also.
            Bulaga had an injury history at Green Bay. His salary is decent, especially if he can stay healthy.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
              What has he done? No division championships and a couple WC wins. Herbert was nice but if Telesco continues to ignore the oline it may not matter. Special teams? If that’s where there’s supposed to be some depth he gets a F.

I don’t know what his contract status is but he needs to feel the heat too.
              Agree..... sad part is none of actually know what TT is permitted to do and how many decisions were his or spanos's?

But the fact that we draft high and still only have 2 usable draft choices from 2020 and very few from years past...... many teams drafted 2 WR's in 2020 and most are having impact..... Chargers 2 WR choices have hardly been used..... that is horrible production.....

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think some of you give the youngest Spanos a lot more authority than he actually has. Telesco makes all the moves and the decisions. Just because you see John on TV during the draft doesn't mean he is making the picks.
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    I think some of you give the youngest Spanos a lot more authority than he actually has. Telesco makes all the moves and the decisions. Just because you see John on TV during the draft doesn't mean he is making the picks.
                    I suspect this is true, but I believe TT reports to John so who knows how much input John gives.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Either which way we Need a new GM just as bad as a new coaching staff.Shit is bad and needs flushed.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

I don't know what led them to hire Telesco in the 1st place. IND was not exactly a model franchise to follow personnel wise if you recall. They dumped all their $ into Peyton Manning and his weapons and had little left over for the D and the OL for his entire tenure. But Telesco looks like an easy guy to work with ie boss around.

Shocker we have similar situations here.

Like the line from Apocalypse Now, "Terminate his position, w extreme prejudice"

Comment

• Jagged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Omaha, Nebraska
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          Either which way we Need a new GM just as bad as a new coaching staff.Shit is bad and needs flushed.
                          My thoughts exactly, I don’t believe for a second that this team is this bad solely because of horrible coaching. (Although it’s a big part of it) we should be judging TT by his win loss record during his tenure. He hasn’t built this team to compete in the division and his record shows it.

Comment

Working...
                          X