• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The HC decides and cuts the players. Marty and Norv did the same thing. Norv was on record though saying he wanted to keep Sproles when he was a FA but im not sure if Sproles didnt want to stay or AJ didnt want to offer him the money so that is different.
    Marty cut Welker and AJ tried to sneak him on the PS but he was offered a contract by Miami and told he would get to play WR and he said C-Ya.
    In this organization. I don't think it works like that. I think the HC strongly recommends who to keep and cut. Then on gameday he certainly decides who plays.
    But I just don't think Chargers HC has final say over roster. I think that is team TommyJohn.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

In this organization. I don't think it works like that. I think the HC strongly recommends who to keep and cut. Then on gameday he certainly decides who plays.
      But I just don't think Chargers HC has final say over roster. I think that is team TommyJohn.
      Right. Contract wise that's up to Telesco, but who gets cut and plays is Lynn.
      Pretty much what I said.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right. Contract wise that's up to Telesco, but who gets cut and plays is Lynn.
        Pretty much what I said.
        He appears to be trying to blame Telesco for making the decision to cut Lambo, instead of it being Lynn's decision.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He appears to be trying to blame Telesco for making the decision to cut Lambo, instead of it being Lynn's decision.
          What a novel concept.
          The GM shares in the blame because he is the person responsible for building the roster. The guy who drafts players, signs free agents, resigns players, trades players. Hires coaches. The guy who has been here for 8 years who routinely gets blamed for O line has never been reliable.
          Is he not responsible for more than just building a o line .if he knew Lambo was so good. All he has to say is no. He is Lynn boss.

So it was McCoy and now Lynn fault. Telesco their boss is not at fault..wow.
          ​​​​​

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I think some of you give the youngest Spanos a lot more authority than he actually has. Telesco makes all the moves and the decisions. Just because you see John on TV during the draft doesn't mean he is making the picks.
            whatever leads you to believe that, and if so.... why didn't his dad just make him a higher ranking scout or Asst. GM ??

he has publicly stated that the draft "is not that hard," and that his hands are all over personnel, and that he is heavily involved w/the draft, and.... he's the Prez of Football Ops.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
              I don't know what led them to hire Telesco in the 1st place. IND was not exactly a model franchise to follow personnel wise if you recall. They dumped all their $ into Peyton Manning and his weapons and had little left over for the D and the OL for his entire tenure. But Telesco looks like an easy guy to work with ie boss around.

Shocker we have similar situations here.

Like the line from Apocalypse Now, "Terminate his position, w extreme prejudice"
              his compatibility factor w/young John was sky high.... (is it still ?)
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Zero division championships and two WC wins.

Best GM we had was AJ Smith followed closely by Butler IMO. This new age shit isn’t working we need glass eaters again and for Spanos to sell or get the fam out of way.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

What a novel concept.
                  The GM shares in the blame because he is the person responsible for building the roster. The guy who drafts players, signs free agents, resigns players, trades players. Hires coaches. The guy who has been here for 8 years who routinely gets blamed for O line has never been reliable.
                  Is he not responsible for more than just building a o line .if he knew Lambo was so good. All he has to say is no. He is Lynn boss.

So it was McCoy and now Lynn fault. Telesco their boss is not at fault..wow.
                  ​​​​​
                  Telesco brought 2 kickers into camp and Lynn/Stewart got to keep the one they thought was best. Every team in the league does that. What is so novel about it?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I tend to think TT isnt on as hot a seat as lynn. But you never know. I have said for years that i love Ozzie Newsome. The Ravens draft well often. And this guy has been around it for years. I think he ends up a GM soon. Really good at building trenches.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Telesco brought 2 kickers into camp and Lynn/Stewart got to keep the one they thought was best. Every team in the league does that. What is so novel about it?
                      You don't know that. That is not what every team in league does. Ravens are not bring in a kicker and Harbaugh says cut Tucker and GM says okay. The final say is the GM. Its his job

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

JOE_HORTIZ-1.jpg

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

I doubt Kelly leaves ND especially for this mess and ownership.
                          Yep...Kelly has a cush situation at the Golden Dome...to leave ND and come to this wretched team and organization, in a rented stadium no less--is like jumping off a Carnival cruise ship and hopping aboard the Titanic...

Comment

Working...
                          X