• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

True - I should have worded that better. They have improved - but my question - why did it take him so long to help fix them.
    Probably because Stewart is a mentor and he was likely TOLD to fire Stewart or to move him elsewhere. Otherwise he wouldn't have.
    That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-28-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Probably because Stewart is a mentor and he was likely TOLD to fire Stewart to move him elsewhere. Otherwise he wouldn't have.
      That's just my opinion.

I'm in love with the english language, but the exact word Lynn chose was too weird/stupid not to quote. Let alone the logic behind the statement.

'You’re talking about a confidant.'

Oh my gawd.....

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

One of Lynn's many faults: loyalty to players and coaches can be a good thing, but stubborn loyalty when the results are repeatedly detrimental hurts everyone.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          One of Lynn's many faults: loyalty to players and coaches can be a good thing, but stubborn loyalty when the results are repeatedly detrimental hurts everyone.
          Cronyism is a step-down from nepotism.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I think it was Joe Banner yesterday on twitter when suggesting why sometimes the HC as also GM may not always work. Somebody mentioned Hoodie and Banner said its because "Belichick thinks like a GM - no emotion."

Well from what I can both Lynn and Telesco I think make some emotion driven decisions
            Lynn sticks to the running game, wanting "balance" and not firing a guy like Stewart last offseason

Telesco - how many Notre Dame guys does he sign? I know they moved on from Fluker and he has cut guys but he seems to be wanting to find diamonds in the rough (Pipkins, Mager) and always a Domer. So maybe its not emotion but I think he has "favorites"

Get some emotionless SOB in here. I read Josh McD was more emotionless than Hoodie.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think it was Joe Banner yesterday on twitter when suggesting why sometimes the HC as also GM may not always work. Somebody mentioned Hoodie and Banner said its because "Belichick thinks like a GM - no emotion."

Well from what I can both Lynn and Telesco I think make some emotion driven decisions
              Lynn sticks to the running game, wanting "balance" and not firing a guy like Stewart last offseason

Telesco - how many Notre Dame guys does he sign? I know they moved on from Fluker and he has cut guys but he seems to be wanting to find diamonds in the rough (Pipkins, Mager) and always a Domer. So maybe its not emotion but I think he has "favorites"

Get some emotionless SOB in here. I read Josh McD was more emotionless than Hoodie.
              Quick note on that. I'm watching a documentary on Belichick on YouTube. In Part One, Bill is addressing the entire team, imploring the team to show some emotion after a play is made. In Part Two, they have just secured their ninth divisional title in-a-row, and Belichick berated them for dancing after allowing a single TD in a complete blow-out.

That is creating creative tension in a locker-room. And it would drive me mad, like it looks like it has driven Coach Belichick quite mad.

GQ-Bill-Belichick-092320.png

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Well sign me up for some madness then!

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Jimmy Johnson studied industrial psychology when he was at the University of Arkansas. Jimmy was a master of psychology.

Prepping for his first Super Bowl, he placed a two-by-four on the field and had the Cowboys walk across it. No one fell off. Point was, the beam will be stories in the air during game-time, but step-by-step, we can achieve this.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    I wish Cowherd would quit mentioning Hoodie as an option for the Chargers

Thats something you cannot even talk about. It just has to happen

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Quick note on that. I'm watching a documentary on Belichick on YouTube. In Part One, Bill is addressing the entire team, imploring the team to show some emotion after a play is made. In Part Two, they have just secured their ninth divisional title in-a-row, and Belichick berated them for dancing after allowing a single TD in a complete blow-out.

That is creating creative tension in a locker-room. And it would drive me mad, like it looks like it has driven Coach Belichick quite mad.

GQ-Bill-Belichick-092320.png
                      Well at least he put on his best shirt for the media :lol:.

I wonder if he demands his players to wear suits after games talking to the media? lol.
                      I havent paid attention to it really but you know Cam is all dressed to the nines for it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Jimmy Johnson studied industrial psychology when he was at the University of Arkansas. Jimmy was a master of psychology.

Prepping for his first Super Bowl, he placed a two-by-four on the field and had the Cowboys walk across it. No one fell off. Point was, the beam will be stories in the air during game-time, but step-by-step, we can achieve this.
                        The best thing i liked that Jimmy said was.....is teams will be in shape! He said if they got beat then it wouldnt be because they werent in shape and were tired and the other team just played better.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well at least he dressed up for the media in that nice shirt he has on. I wonder if he demands his players to wear suits after games talking to the media? lol.
                          I havent paid attention to it really but you know Cam is all dressed to the nines for it.
                          I went on a massive research kick about Coach Bill Walsh and Coach Belichick over the holiday. Julian Edelman tells a singular story of being a rookie in the facility late one night.

It has haunted me.

Comment

Working...
                          X