• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

link es no bueno, and.... doubt that Bieniemy gets either job.... 'specially the one in NY.... no way do they turn Trevor over to him.... just no way, and....

will be surprised if Brady doesn't get @least a coupla few interviews.... just hoping that one of 'em is w/us.
    Do you believe teams will interview Anthony Lynn for head coach elsewhere?

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Eric Bieniemy

Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy has been at the forefront of head coaching discussions over the past couple of years and it seemed as though he was a lock to receive a job last offseason.

But alas, he returned to Kansas City for at least one more season where he continues to run one of the most prolific offenses in football.

Bieniemy actually interviewed with four different teams last season including the Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Cincinnati Bengals before each team opted to go in a different direction.

The fourth team you might ask? Look no further than the New York Jets.
      https://thejetpress.com/2019/10/25/n...e-adam-gase/2/

I'm a mild Jet fan and the media frenzy around EB is for real. Good refresher that Chris Johnson met with Eric in 2018. Also, Andy Reid insisting Eric is going to be a good head coach does not hurt.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

This was a while back

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

if as reported that it's true that the Chargers have an out after this season w/him, then yes.... think he will be interviewing, albeit think it's back to square one for him, and back to RBs coach ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

if as reported that it's true that the Chargers have an out after this season w/him, then yes.... think he will be interviewing, albeit think it's back to square one for him, and back to RBs coach ??
              Lynn will end up in the league office, like Ted Cottrell. This man is not NFL head coaching material. The stink of two back-to-back 5-11 seasons (possible, at this point) doesn't wash off.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I would be fine with taking a defensive minded coach as long as they:
                1) Hire a Shanahan disciple to be OC
                2) And was not conservative with regards to the offense . I feel like this affects a lot of defensive minded coaches. Pete Carroll is the most recent offender with Brian Schottenheimer’s scheme. It took two years of constant fan complaining before they finally let Wilson do his thing.
                Last edited by Xenos; 12-19-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  If Telesco is not fired and he picks the next coach, it will be his last one if it is not a good one. I don't see him letting a junior Spanos make the choice. He will rise or fall with this one.

Did not mean to start a storm with my research on Joshy and Bienemy. Just sharing facts I read, not opinions I wrote (other than Daboll. Sorry, Ghost, one year at Alabama and leaving because he disagree with Saban is not a convincer for me. Daboll has bounced all around and until this year he just has not lit it up. He has Patriot tree failure written all over him but that IS my opinion). The names I hear most often are these three.

I actually went into this wanted Bienemy but what I read has soured me. And the interview part is not can he do a TV interview. Obviously he can and does it well. It is the JOB interview part that was referenced in my reading. He did not do a good job convincing several prospective employers he was the right man.

TG
                  You’re fine. There is no storm that I hadn’t already created myself by bringing up the same issues with those same coaches lol.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Telesco is still a respected and young GM. He can always resign if the coach he picks is overruled and as some here say, John Spanos would overrule him just to save money and pick a loser HC. Better for Telesco to leave and maintain his reputation and get another job than get fired in 2 years because the team fails. Again. That is what I intended.

TG
                    I think people are blowing up John’s role in order to diminish Telesco’s in all of this. He had a big hand, if not the biggest, in hiring McCoy. He was also part of Lynn’s hiring even if John was more directly involved.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

The name of their next HC is John Spanos, Jr.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So would i but Kelly isnt coming. He said he likes his situation so why come here and work for the Spaniis?

I bet we get first timers because NFL experienced guys don't want to work for Dean. Eli and his Dad just had the balls to say it.
                        There are worse organizations than the Chargers. The Saints were one of them at one point. So yeah, fuck Eli and Archie.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

baby spanos video final.jpg

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          The name of their next HC is John Spanos, Jr.
                          LOL...wow, Baby Spanos at HC...that would be a hoot...

Comment

Working...
                          X