• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

In Harbaugh & Herbert & TT I would trust, that's for sure. However if this doesn't happen the hire has to be someone who has had success as a HC. We could probably hire & assemble an amazing staff at this point with the right hire. The Chargers need to decide on & put a big name at the top of the list today and go from there.
    Harbaugh would show me the Chargers, the SPanii want to win. It truly would show they are willing to spend a bit more, get a true proven head coach that has won. Many of these names would be happy to be head coaches and just get a bump in salary.

Daboll I think would make a big difference
    Harbaugh I think would make a big difference

The rest - you have to hope they put together a good staff and cross your fingers they aren't just Mike McCoy or Anthony Lynn overwhelmed by the job

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

In Harbaugh & Herbert & TT I would trust, that's for sure. However if this doesn't happen the hire has to be someone who has had success as a HC. We could probably hire & assemble an amazing staff at this point with the right hire. The Chargers need to decide on & put a big name at the top of the list today and go from there.
      For me, it's the opposite thought. If history proves anything, retread HCs with a continuous tenure in the NFL who have either been to a Superbowl, and/or moreso, won one never do well in their other stints, with a few odd exceptions, such as Vermeil. I'd put Harbaugh as an exception in this case since he went back to college and doesn't seem to have a continuous long-term tenure anywhere, so in his case, he could play out like a Pete Carroll assuming history repeats.

The highest risk with an even higher reward seems to be a college coach who can bring innovative ideas to the NFL and shake up the league, as in the case of Walsh, Seifert, Harbaugh, Carroll and Jimmy Johnson.

If you're looking for a Bill Bellichick type of potential hire, I'd wager my bet on Brandon Staley.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

I'll say this, find me a candidate that has "it", "it" being the mannerisms and speech patterns typical to alphas with leadership qualities, and I'll hire them on the spot. Go watch Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Sean McVay, hell even Joe Judge in any of their press conferences and tell me they don't have "it". Compare them to Norv Turner, Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn and you get the picture.

I was high on Josh Allen in 2018, I knew Nick Foles would be very dangerous in the playoffs in 2017 (watched him closely with the Eagles in 2013) and picked Eagles to win the Superbowl after their first playoff win, I wanted Herbert as our pick and thought he should be number 1 overall pick, and I will be right on Joe Judge and the rest of the list I assembled in the prior post. It's all a matter of time, just like my high regards for Josh Allen when everyone doubted him his first two years.

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
          I'll say this, find me a candidate that has "it", "it" being the mannerisms and speech patterns typical to alphas with leadership qualities, and I'll hire them on the spot. Go watch Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Sean McVay, hell even Joe Judge in any of their press conferences and tell me they don't have "it". Compare them to Norv Turner, Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn and you get the picture.

I was high on Josh Allen in 2018, I knew Nick Foles would be very dangerous in the playoffs in 2017 (watched him closely with the Eagles in 2013) and picked Eagles to win the Superbowl after their first playoff win, I wanted Herbert as our pick and thought he should be number 1 overall pick, and I will be right on Joe Judge and the rest of the list I assembled in the prior post. It's all a matter of time, just like my high regards for Josh Allen when everyone doubted him his first two years.
          Sun Tzu Art of War: Makings of a great leader = HITCD. Acronym for Humanitarian, INTELLIGENT, Trustworthy, Courageous, Disciplined. Lynn was 3 of 5. We NEED 5/5. Belicheck lives and breathes Aof War from Tzu. Has this on wall. "Win before battle begins." Is deep and means alot. (As opposed to a stupid. "Always compete.") Was so disgusted.

http://agspanos.com/contact (Ask them to fwd to DEAN.)

chargers.com (click on any video on the main page, address the owner below.) I'm Jox Gee on there and have commented alot lately. We need you.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
            Daboll, Brady, McDaniels, Smith, Harbaugh all seem like major upgrades at the moment.
            I love it kgbpasha posts. because of the content. LOL. It's not the avatar at all.

Daboll is my tops on that list, with Smith not far behind... I don't want McDaniels or Harbaugh because I don't like them. If they got the job, I'll support them, but I just don't like them, so I don't want them coaching my team.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Lyth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Not that bookies are always right, but they make their living being right more than they're wrong.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Sun Tzu Art of War: Makings of a great leader = HITCD. Acronym for Humanitarian, INTELLIGENT, Trustworthy, Courageous, Disciplined. Lynn was 3 of 5. We NEED 5/5. Belicheck lives and breathes Aof War from Tzu. Has this on wall. "Win before battle begins." Is deep and means alot. (As opposed to a stupid. "Always compete.") Was so disgusted.

http://agspanos.com/contact (Ask them to fwd to DEAN.)

chargers.com (click on any video on the main page, address the owner below.) I'm Jox Gee on there and have commented alot lately. We need you.
                Small minds speak of other people.
                Larger minds speak of places.
                Great minds speak of ideas.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Ranking the 7 they have invited so far. (just my opinion, of course)
                  1. Brian Daboll
                  2. Matt Eberflus
                  3. Arthur Smith
                  4. Eric Bienemy
                  5. Brandon Staley
                  6. Joe Brady
                  7. Jason Garrett
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    I like Saleh too...but as far as guys we are not interviewing...we may already know through a number of means that they are not interested....so it doesn't necessarily mean we are missing out on interviewing potentially great candidates...as wide of a net as we are supposedly casting, any name not on the list is one that we probably pre-eliminated for one reason or another...most likely explanation being that they were tied to another job as a shoe in (unofficially, of course...). Another reason would be that someone in the FO has intimate knowledge of the candidate, and already sees a "fit" problem.
                    True, Saleh has strong ties to Michigan so he may want the Lions job....for some reason. They do have good owners though.
                    Then again, maybe he dont want to go back to the snow....i sure as hell wouldnt lol.

There are some good candidates for us to interview. Im not interested in Bieniemy either and most here and on Twitter want us to land Daboll so who cares if we dont interview everyone? 5-6 should be enough. We have some good candidates. Hec not everyone wants to deal with this franchise and some of you guys have to accept that.

It may be in So. Cal but its in LA. I hate fucking LA.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

I’m surprised the DC of the Colts and Rams are on the list and Saleh isn’t?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                        Ranking the 7 they have invited so far. (just my opinion, of course)
                        1. Brian Daboll
                        2. Matt Eberflus
                        3. Arthur Smith
                        4. Eric Bienemy
                        5. Brandon Staley
                        6. Joe Brady
                        7. Jason Garrett
                        My order
                        Daboll

Bieniemy
                        Eberflus
                        Garrett
                        Smith
                        Staley
                        Brady

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          I’m surprised the DC of the Colts and Rams are on the list and Saleh isn’t?
                          Apparently Saleh had no interest after learning that we test our coaches for steroids too
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X